The funk master himself returned to his hometown of Newark, NJ to blow the socks off of fans and music connoisseurs at the New Jersey Performing Arts Center.
In an interesting interview with TheUrbanDaily.com, he described what it’s like being him from his eccentric wardrobe to the groupies.
Born in North Carolina, the crowd stopping performer claims New Jersey, where he’s got some early fond memories of music.
“I was walking around Newark today and stopped at all of the corners we used to sing on and it just brought so many memories back,” he said. “Man, we used to be on Avon Ave, Bergen Street School, Southside, which is Shabazz now. We used to be all over around here.”
About those groupies. Even though he’s a bit up there in age, the man doesn’t seem to lose his pizzazz. Women always come knocking at his door.
“Well, there’s always a new crop of groupies. [laughs] I saw some groupies out there tonight that I knew and they are great grandmothers. They were still out in the audience,” he said, adding that the groupies have aged along with him, however some youngin’s are clamoring for his attention.
Check out more of the interview here.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Camille Cosby Must Give Deposition in Bill Cosby's Sexual Assault Case ... with Limits
- Lamar Odom's First Public Appearance is Kanye’s 'Yeezy Season 3' Show
- Va. Parents Mad As Heck Over White Guilt Video About 'Unequal Opportunity'
- TrOyMan: Back Again with New EP & Single
- 'RACE' Kicks Off NBA All Star Weekend 2016 with Red Carpet Screening (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Camp Reacts to Kanye West Lyric, ‘I Made That B*tch Famous’
- Martin Shkreli Offers Kanye $10M for 'The Life of Pablo' Album
- The Film Strip: Katie Holmes Tackles Mental Illness in 'Touched by Fire’
- Trump Sticker Causes Heated Interaction Between St. John’s University Students
- Raven-Symoné Reacts to Getting Shoved Out of the Way For Kendall Jenner
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here