The funk master himself returned to his hometown of Newark, NJ to blow the socks off of fans and music connoisseurs at the New Jersey Performing Arts Center.
In an interesting interview with TheUrbanDaily.com, he described what it’s like being him from his eccentric wardrobe to the groupies.
Born in North Carolina, the crowd stopping performer claims New Jersey, where he’s got some early fond memories of music.
“I was walking around Newark today and stopped at all of the corners we used to sing on and it just brought so many memories back,” he said. “Man, we used to be on Avon Ave, Bergen Street School, Southside, which is Shabazz now. We used to be all over around here.”
About those groupies. Even though he’s a bit up there in age, the man doesn’t seem to lose his pizzazz. Women always come knocking at his door.
“Well, there’s always a new crop of groupies. [laughs] I saw some groupies out there tonight that I knew and they are great grandmothers. They were still out in the audience,” he said, adding that the groupies have aged along with him, however some youngin’s are clamoring for his attention.
Check out more of the interview here.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- NewsOne Now: Chicago Pastor Sues Police for Road Rage Attack (WATCH)
- Puff Daddy Announces Retirement from Music to Focus on Acting
- ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Cast, Directors Talk Black Panther, Spider-Man and ‘Selfish’ Cap (EUR Exclusive)
- Twitter User Shares Story About Horrifying Rape at Spelman
- Texas Mother of Kids 'Tied Up in Yard Like Dogs' Found in Cali (Watch)
- Ohio Son (Trey Potter) Takes Mom (MelRo Potter) to Her First Prom (WATCH)
- DEA Joins Prince Ivestigation; Kendrick Lamar Joined Him in New Video (WATCH)
- Tyler Perry's Atlanta Mansion Sells at Historic Proportions! (Pictures)
- Larry Wilmore: Shut Up! - N**ger * N**ga Are Two Different Things
- FAMU Grad Single Mom (Taylor Hunter) Testament to Power of Perseverance
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here