*Halle Berry admits she was a little taken aback upon finding out she was with child for the second time at age 46.
“I feel fantastic. This has been the biggest surprise of my life to tell you the truth,” said Berry in an interview with CNN’s Alina Cho.
The Academy Award-winning actress and fiance Olivier Martinez are expecting their first child together.
“I thought I was kind of past the point where this could be a reality for me. So it’s been a big surprise and the most wonderful,” the actress said.
In the interview, Berry said she did not know if she was having boy, as some other media outlets have reported. Berry has been engaged to Martinez, 47, a French actor, for more than a year.
Berry also has a daughter, Nahla, 5, with her ex-boyfriend, Canadian model Gabriel Aubry. She waged a difficult custody battle with Aubry when she wanted to move with Nahla to France. The estranged couple reached a settlement in November.
Berry’s CNN interview also touched on her work with designer Michael Kors and the U.N. World Food Programme to fight hunger.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Beyonce’s Protégé Duo Chloe x Halle Premiere EP ‘Sugar Symphony’ (Listen)
- Rookie Cop Beats Handcuffed Woman & it's Caught on Camera! (WATCH)
- Prince Death Probe: Authorities Looking for 'Friendly' Docs who Prescribed Pills
- Karrine Steffans: ‘I Was One of Jay Z’s Beckys Back in 2000’
- Drake and Nicki Minaj No Longer Talk, but He Has ‘Genuine Energy’ With Rihanna
- Jonathan Butler's Inspired Journey Pt2: 'I Am That I Am' (WATCH)
- Parenting Blog ‘Mom Junction’ Lists ’85 Popular Ghetto Baby Names’ For Your Child
- Prince’s ‘Take Me With U’ Jacket from ‘Purple Rain’ Up for Auction
- Will & Jada Launch New Initiative Under Obama’s ‘My Brother’s Keeper’
- Duane and Tisha Campbell-Martin Ordered to Turn Over ‘Dr. Ken’ Paychecks
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here