*Love her or hate her as an “American Idol” judge – and there seems to be no in-between – Nicki Minaj appears to have an open invitation to return next year, despite all of her drama.
Asked whether the rapper/singer was welcome back for another round, “Idol” producer Nigel Lythgoe — addressing a TMZ videographer on his way into a Malibu restaurant over the weekend — declared: “By me, she certainly will be!”
In her first run as panelist on the Fox competition alongside fellow rookies Mariah Carey and Keith Urban, Minaj has polarized viewers with her brutally honest feedback.
Meanwhile, Lythgoe also said he was mulling whether to offer Justin Bieber a mentoring gig on the show. “I’m just trying to figure out what he’d mentor,” he told TMZ of the 19-year-old pop star, recently in the headlines for allegedly spitting on his neighbor during a spat.
While “Idol” has been slipping in the ratings, a Bieber cameo “certainly would” help in that department, Lythgoe conceded.
- FAMU Awarded $675,000, Multi-Year NCAA Academic Grant
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Danger Sign in Bail for Alleged Cincinnati Police Shooter Ray Tensing
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Lil Kim Claims Mr. Papers Was Physically Abusive
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here