*Love her or hate her as an “American Idol” judge – and there seems to be no in-between – Nicki Minaj appears to have an open invitation to return next year, despite all of her drama.
Asked whether the rapper/singer was welcome back for another round, “Idol” producer Nigel Lythgoe — addressing a TMZ videographer on his way into a Malibu restaurant over the weekend — declared: “By me, she certainly will be!”
In her first run as panelist on the Fox competition alongside fellow rookies Mariah Carey and Keith Urban, Minaj has polarized viewers with her brutally honest feedback.
Meanwhile, Lythgoe also said he was mulling whether to offer Justin Bieber a mentoring gig on the show. “I’m just trying to figure out what he’d mentor,” he told TMZ of the 19-year-old pop star, recently in the headlines for allegedly spitting on his neighbor during a spat.
While “Idol” has been slipping in the ratings, a Bieber cameo “certainly would” help in that department, Lythgoe conceded.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- VIDEO: Who will President Obama Pick to Replace Justice Scalia?
- Toni Braxton Confirms 'Love, Marriage & Divorce Part 2' with Babyface
- Jaden Smith Flaunts New Tesla X, That's Not Even Available Yet
- Obama Informs Republicans He WILL Nominate Scalia's Replacement
- Hip-Hop Met Fats Waller in LA!
- Michael Jordan's Rep Responds to 'Crying Jordan' Memes
- Supreme Court Associate Justice Antonin Scalia Found Dead
- Steph, Ayesha & Michelle Have Fun with 'Banana' Song (WATCH)
- TV Review: The Black Panthers Van Guard of the Revolution
- Wendy Williams Blasts Ciara Over $15 Million Future Lawsuit
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here