*Love her or hate her as an “American Idol” judge – and there seems to be no in-between – Nicki Minaj appears to have an open invitation to return next year, despite all of her drama.
Asked whether the rapper/singer was welcome back for another round, “Idol” producer Nigel Lythgoe — addressing a TMZ videographer on his way into a Malibu restaurant over the weekend — declared: “By me, she certainly will be!”
In her first run as panelist on the Fox competition alongside fellow rookies Mariah Carey and Keith Urban, Minaj has polarized viewers with her brutally honest feedback.
Meanwhile, Lythgoe also said he was mulling whether to offer Justin Bieber a mentoring gig on the show. “I’m just trying to figure out what he’d mentor,” he told TMZ of the 19-year-old pop star, recently in the headlines for allegedly spitting on his neighbor during a spat.
While “Idol” has been slipping in the ratings, a Bieber cameo “certainly would” help in that department, Lythgoe conceded.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- T-Pain to Larry King on Why He's 'Done with Making Hits!’
- Erykah Badu on Azealia Banks Beef: 'We Can Spiral Out of Control With Style'
- ‘Creed’ Dir. Ryan Coogler Pays Tribute to His Father in 'Rocky' Spin-Off
- Black Fox News Co-Host Asked if She 'Makes Kool-Aid' (WATCH)
- President Obama's Statement Regarding Laquan McDonald Murder
- Dr. Rapp: Enjoy Patti's Pie, Avoid Fatti's Pounds
- Nick Canon Talks 'Chi-Raq' & Calls Nicki Minaj A THOT?!
- One Year Since His Death, Tamir Rice's Mother Still Seeking Justice
- Old Email from Farrell, PA's New Police Chief Includes the Word 'N*gger' and Prompts Outrage ... and Support from the Town's Black Mayor
- 60% of Staff at Movie Theater in Connecticut Have a Disability
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here