*Jamie Foxx is in negotiations to star opposite Oscar nominee Quvenzhane Wallis in Sony’s forthcoming reboot of “Annie.”
The update of the classic comic strip-turned-musical would see Foxx as a character named Benjamin Stacks, a variation of the Daddy Warbucks personage, who takes in the spunky orphan girl being played by Wallis.
Foxx has received an offer from the studio and sources say his team has begun to negotiate, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Will Gluck is directing the project, which has a host of producers: Will Smith and his Overbrook Entertainment banner partner James Lassiter, Jada Pinkett-Smith and Jay-Z. Also producing are Jay Brown and Tyran “Ty Ty” Smith through Marcy Media.
Gluck recently revised a script by Emma Thompson and Aline Brosh McKenna. Sony is eyeing a late fall production start for an anticipated 2014 release.
Foxx is currently shooting Sony’s “The Amazing Spider-Man 2,” in which he plays villain Electro, and will star as the president in the studio’s Roland Emmerich-helmed “White House Down,” which opens June 28.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Mom of Ronald Johnson Wants Dashcam Video of Son's Killing Released (VIdeo)
- 'L&HHH's' Milan Christopher Denies Dating ‘Empire’s’ Jussie Smollett
- Anthony Anderson Inks Multi-Year Deal With NAACP Image Awards
- Business Owners Combine To Launch Innovative Approach to 'Buy Black' Movement
- 2 Chainz’s #IsThisYoThot? Lawsuit Thrown Out by Judge
- Daniel ‘Boobie’ Gibson Reacts to Keyshia Cole’s Engagement Tweet (Pic)
- Photo of Dog With Mouth Taped Shut on Facebook, Leads to Arrest of NC Woman
- Donovan McNabb Begins 18-Day Jail Sentence in Arizona
- If You Missed it, Here's the Soul Train Awards Babyface Tribute (WATCH)
- 50 Cent Still Hasn’t Paid $7M Judgment to Rick Ross’ Baby Mother
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here