*Jamie Foxx is in negotiations to star opposite Oscar nominee Quvenzhane Wallis in Sony’s forthcoming reboot of “Annie.”
The update of the classic comic strip-turned-musical would see Foxx as a character named Benjamin Stacks, a variation of the Daddy Warbucks personage, who takes in the spunky orphan girl being played by Wallis.
Foxx has received an offer from the studio and sources say his team has begun to negotiate, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Will Gluck is directing the project, which has a host of producers: Will Smith and his Overbrook Entertainment banner partner James Lassiter, Jada Pinkett-Smith and Jay-Z. Also producing are Jay Brown and Tyran “Ty Ty” Smith through Marcy Media.
Gluck recently revised a script by Emma Thompson and Aline Brosh McKenna. Sony is eyeing a late fall production start for an anticipated 2014 release.
Foxx is currently shooting Sony’s “The Amazing Spider-Man 2,” in which he plays villain Electro, and will star as the president in the studio’s Roland Emmerich-helmed “White House Down,” which opens June 28.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Steven Ivory: Maurice White’s Forever Hip Place
- Sheryl Lee Ralph: 'Where's My NAACP Image Award?' (WATCH)
- Stevie J Brags to Nick Cannon He Sexed Mariah Carey ... Twice!
- One-Year-Old Dies, After Being Shot in the Face in Compton
- Jay Z's Drug Dealer Past Thrown at Beyonce by TV Host Tomi Lahren
- Former Atlanta Vice Mayor Lisa Borders Named New WNBA President
- Does Bernie Sanders Meeting Al Sharpton Equal More Black Voter Support?
- Author Guarantees 'Boy, Get a Job...' Helps Teens Find Work
- THE (02-11-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Oh God: Johnny Depp Nails 'The Donald' in Funny or Die Video (Look!)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here