*Jamie Foxx is in negotiations to star opposite Oscar nominee Quvenzhane Wallis in Sony’s forthcoming reboot of “Annie.”
The update of the classic comic strip-turned-musical would see Foxx as a character named Benjamin Stacks, a variation of the Daddy Warbucks personage, who takes in the spunky orphan girl being played by Wallis.
Foxx has received an offer from the studio and sources say his team has begun to negotiate, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Will Gluck is directing the project, which has a host of producers: Will Smith and his Overbrook Entertainment banner partner James Lassiter, Jada Pinkett-Smith and Jay-Z. Also producing are Jay Brown and Tyran “Ty Ty” Smith through Marcy Media.
Gluck recently revised a script by Emma Thompson and Aline Brosh McKenna. Sony is eyeing a late fall production start for an anticipated 2014 release.
Foxx is currently shooting Sony’s “The Amazing Spider-Man 2,” in which he plays villain Electro, and will star as the president in the studio’s Roland Emmerich-helmed “White House Down,” which opens June 28.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Blac Chyna Robbed, Threatens to Sue if Sex Tape with Tyga Leaks
- Chamique Holdsclaw Talks Mind/Game Documentary, Personal Struggle With Mental Illness
- Twitter Trolls React to Old Navy Ad Featuring Interracial Family
- Arsenio Hall Denies Sinead O’Connor's Prince Drug Claim
- Parents, Students Stunned as 2,700 Detroit Teachers 'Call in Sick'
- Beyonce Shows Up at the Met Gala Without U-Know-Who (WATCH)
- Robertson Treatment Syndicated Column (RTSC): Logan Westbrooks, Music Industry Pioneer
- Tupac Shakur's Mother Afeni Shakur-Davis Dies at 69
- No Biggie. White House Shrugs off Recent N-word Controversy
- The Socialist's Journal: 'Meternity Leave'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here