*Jamie Foxx is in negotiations to star opposite Oscar nominee Quvenzhane Wallis in Sony’s forthcoming reboot of “Annie.”
The update of the classic comic strip-turned-musical would see Foxx as a character named Benjamin Stacks, a variation of the Daddy Warbucks personage, who takes in the spunky orphan girl being played by Wallis.
Foxx has received an offer from the studio and sources say his team has begun to negotiate, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Will Gluck is directing the project, which has a host of producers: Will Smith and his Overbrook Entertainment banner partner James Lassiter, Jada Pinkett-Smith and Jay-Z. Also producing are Jay Brown and Tyran “Ty Ty” Smith through Marcy Media.
Gluck recently revised a script by Emma Thompson and Aline Brosh McKenna. Sony is eyeing a late fall production start for an anticipated 2014 release.
Foxx is currently shooting Sony’s “The Amazing Spider-Man 2,” in which he plays villain Electro, and will star as the president in the studio’s Roland Emmerich-helmed “White House Down,” which opens June 28.
- Is New Will Smith Movie ‘Concussion’ Making the NFL Nervous? (WATCH TRAILER)
- Kim Fields Joins Fellow ‘RHOA’ Stars with $212,000 Tax Lien
- Sanaa Lathan and Michael Ealy Speak at The Hollywood Confidential (PHOTOS)
- White Florida Teacher Says She Was Fired for Having Black Boyfriend (Watch)
- Atlanta Police on the Hunt for T.I.-Looking Suspect
- Ne-Yo & Crystal Renay Get Married with Baby Already on the Way
- Chris Brown's Baby Mama Nia Guzman Responds to Criminal Allegations
- The Socialist's Journal: Kim Davis
- (Min. Paul Scott) Why Black Minds Matter: Readin’, Writin’ and Revolution
- CurlKit Launches 'Curlstar Favorits Box' - Offering Consumers Instant Access to Brands Coveted by Superstars
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here