*Jamie Foxx is in negotiations to star opposite Oscar nominee Quvenzhane Wallis in Sony’s forthcoming reboot of “Annie.”
The update of the classic comic strip-turned-musical would see Foxx as a character named Benjamin Stacks, a variation of the Daddy Warbucks personage, who takes in the spunky orphan girl being played by Wallis.
Foxx has received an offer from the studio and sources say his team has begun to negotiate, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Will Gluck is directing the project, which has a host of producers: Will Smith and his Overbrook Entertainment banner partner James Lassiter, Jada Pinkett-Smith and Jay-Z. Also producing are Jay Brown and Tyran “Ty Ty” Smith through Marcy Media.
Gluck recently revised a script by Emma Thompson and Aline Brosh McKenna. Sony is eyeing a late fall production start for an anticipated 2014 release.
Foxx is currently shooting Sony’s “The Amazing Spider-Man 2,” in which he plays villain Electro, and will star as the president in the studio’s Roland Emmerich-helmed “White House Down,” which opens June 28.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Fox News’ Rupert Murdoch Suggests Obama Isn’t a ‘Real Black President’; Apologizes Amid Backlash
- Michel’le Gets Personal with Thinkfactory for New BioPic Partnership
- Matt Barnes and Derek Fisher Reportedly Brawl Over Gloria Govan
- Butt-Injection Death of Bronx Non-profit Executive Ruled 'A Homicide'
- NBAer James Harden Proclaims: ‘I Am the Best Player in the League’
- Woman Punched by CHP Officer Arrested Again on Same Freeway!
- RECAP: Empire (S2, Ep3) Fires of Heaven
- Roseburg, Oregon Publisher Declares Pres. Obama is 'Not Welcome’ (WATCH)
- Online Tools and Resources Every Small Business - Entrepreneur Should Have
- Syreeta 'The Trumpet Lady' Thompson Releases Digital Single
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here