*Janet Hubert, best known for her role as ‘Aunt Vivian’ or “Aunt Viv” on “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air,” made the news after writing an open letter to Wendy Williams after her interview with Tatyana Ali.
Wendy, in her classic gossip queen fashion, probed on the topic of the rumored drama between the Janet and Will Smith.
But in an interview with TheGrio, Janet set the record straight about why she really left.
“It was a negotiation that should have come back like most do,” she said. “We were a very successful show and I felt like I was an integral part of that, and felt valuable, but you cannot feel valuable in Hollywood.”
Since bouncing from the show, rumors began to swarm about their relationship and her interaction with Alfonso Ribeiro.
“I think what happened, because the audience was so on my side at that time, that Will probably felt like he needed to go out, and he needed to tell a lot of lies,” Hubert revealed. “Alphonso went out to a college and told a lot of lies, but the problem is I have proof that a lot of that didn’t happen.”
Hubert also revealed to theGrio that she is willing to do a reunion with the entire cast of “The Fresh Prince.”
“Absolutely,” Hubert said. “Even Daphne (Reid).”
Hubert also feels it’s time for her and Smith to heal any damage that has been done since she left The Fresh Prince some 21 years ago.
“I would say to him [Smith], we need to heal this. You’ve done some things, you’ve said some things, that were totally untrue and you know that they were untrue. I’ve said some things that I probably should have never said. But you’ve never heard them come from my mouth. Especially the TMZ thing last Christmas; my Mom passed away. So there I was again in the media getting beaten up…and you get tired. I’m tired. Aren’t you tired Will?”
Check out the full interview here.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Girls Want to Join the Boys Scouts of America
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Will Smith Planning Political Run 'In The Near Future'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here