*Jay-Z made it known a long time ago that he’s a business … man. And so he’s flexing his muscle with a new money move.
The Hip Hop mogul is about to sell his Brooklyn Nets ownership shares to move onto becoming a sports agent with his newly formed Roc Nation Sports division with Creative Artists Agency.
The pair signed New York Yankees second baseman Robinson Cano.
Hov’s goal is to become a full-fledged sports agent for the major leagues, including the NBA.
Though it may have appeared he had a bigger ownership than he did, Jay’s contributions to the team’s overhaul during its transition from New Jersey to Brooklyn have been outstandingly important for the image and impression.
The rapper owned .067 percent of the team.
“It would be disappointing [if he left],” Nets interim coach P.J. Carlesimo told ESPN. “He had an enormous amount to do with the rebranding of the team. I wasn’t close to it at all, but from what I’ve seen, it would be hard to overstate his importance in this all. [sic] I like his involvement in the team; he’s at the games, and maybe he’s around more than I realize behind the scenes. But he’s an excellent fan, one that wasn’t just around this year, but a lot in the past, too, which is very telling to me.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Toni Braxton to Star in Lifetime Biopic 'Un-Break My Heart'
- NeYo Shares Proposal Video, Slams Ex's Sterilization Claims [WATCH]
- Staples Singers Limited Edition 4-CD Box Set to be Released Nov. 13 from Stax/Concord Music Group
- Whoopi Goldberg Blasts Pro-Lifers: ‘Get Out of My Vagina!’
- Jennifer Hudson Dishes on Film Roles, Style and Weight Loss
- Sparkletainment Presents 'Loves Freedom' a One-woman Stage Performance (WATCH)
- 'Why You Always Lying' Creator Calls Viral Success 'Crazy'
- Deitrick Haddon Unveils Cover of 'MasterPiece'
- How to Successfully Balance Family, Parenting and Entertainment
- Terrence Howard Repays Rapper Petey Pablo with Role on 'Empire'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here