*Harpo, who dis woman?
It’s Madea, who has gotten lost trying to find Oprah Winfrey’s OWN network on her cable system (she pronounces it OWN’t) and has ended up on a dirt road in “The Color Purple,” where she comes across an angry Miss Sofia.
The OWN promo spot, which began airing Thursday night (April 4), has Tyler Perry suiting up as his cross-dressing alter-ego to promote his two new shows premiering next month – a drama called “The Haves and the Have Nots” (May 28) and the comedy “Love Thy Neighbor” (May 29).
Winfrey dusted off her Miss Sofia outfit for the spot and hit Madea with her famed “All my life I had to fight…” monologue from “The Color Purple,” with some of the words changed to reflect her battle against “haters” trying to bring down the network.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Disgraced Cop Daniel Hotlzclaw Denies Raping Poor Black Women
- First Listen: Half Mile Home's 'Thinking of Me'
- Big Boi Meme Comparing Mothers of Today & 70s Causes Black Twitter Outrage
- Eve Says She Had to 'Import' to Find Love
- Laverne Cox Responds to Her ‘Rocky Horror’ Reboot Critics
- Seniors Get In Formation for 'Lemonade,' Pittsburgh Police Resist
- Black Lives Matter Echoes the Evolution of Black Panther Party
- BLM Activist Charles Wade Charged With Pimping 17-Year-Old Girl
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' (EUR Film Review)
- THE (05-30-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here