*Harpo, who dis woman?
It’s Madea, who has gotten lost trying to find Oprah Winfrey’s OWN network on her cable system (she pronounces it OWN’t) and has ended up on a dirt road in “The Color Purple,” where she comes across an angry Miss Sofia.
The OWN promo spot, which began airing Thursday night (April 4), has Tyler Perry suiting up as his cross-dressing alter-ego to promote his two new shows premiering next month – a drama called “The Haves and the Have Nots” (May 28) and the comedy “Love Thy Neighbor” (May 29).
Winfrey dusted off her Miss Sofia outfit for the spot and hit Madea with her famed “All my life I had to fight…” monologue from “The Color Purple,” with some of the words changed to reflect her battle against “haters” trying to bring down the network.
- ‘Being Mary Jane’ Season 3 to Feature Loretta Devine and Jill Scott (WATCH)
- Teen About to Start College, Accidentally Kills Himself Taking Selfie (Watch)
- Serena Highlighted with Inspirational Commercial and Mural (WATCH)
- Trump Casino Worker: Blacks Hidden When the Donald Visited
- Fox News' Megyn Kelly Goes in on #BlackLivesMatter Supporter (WATCH)
- People of Note: Jazz at Lincoln Center Opens their 28th Season in the Bronx
- The Great American Phone Lease...
- THE (09-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Kim Coles' Fairytale Wedding Set to Air on WEtv
- Brooklyn Woman Accepts Meager $10K for Cops' Harassment Over Dead Husband
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here