*Harpo, who dis woman?
It’s Madea, who has gotten lost trying to find Oprah Winfrey’s OWN network on her cable system (she pronounces it OWN’t) and has ended up on a dirt road in “The Color Purple,” where she comes across an angry Miss Sofia.
The OWN promo spot, which began airing Thursday night (April 4), has Tyler Perry suiting up as his cross-dressing alter-ego to promote his two new shows premiering next month – a drama called “The Haves and the Have Nots” (May 28) and the comedy “Love Thy Neighbor” (May 29).
Winfrey dusted off her Miss Sofia outfit for the spot and hit Madea with her famed “All my life I had to fight…” monologue from “The Color Purple,” with some of the words changed to reflect her battle against “haters” trying to bring down the network.
- 'Empire' Costars Trai Byers and Grace Gealey Set to be Married
- More Sandra Bland Video Released to Prove She Arrived Alive At Jail
- Netflix Announces Mike Epps Special, 'Chelsea Handler Does Racism’, More at TCA Press Tour
- Paul Mooney Says Bill Cosby Got His 'N****r Wake-up Call'
- Shaq Doubles Down on Pippen: ‘I Don’t Let Bums Disrespect Me’
- Judge Tosses Orlando Scandrick’s Restraining Order Against Draya
- Second Suspect in 10 Days Dies in Custody of Houston Police
- Tom Joyner' Cruise Supports Students Featured on Hollywood Divas Season 2
- Azealia Banks Angers Australia by Calling Crowds ‘Belligerent’
- Report: Tom Brady Destroyed Cell Phone; NFL Suspension to be Upheld
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here