*Harpo, who dis woman?
It’s Madea, who has gotten lost trying to find Oprah Winfrey’s OWN network on her cable system (she pronounces it OWN’t) and has ended up on a dirt road in “The Color Purple,” where she comes across an angry Miss Sofia.
The OWN promo spot, which began airing Thursday night (April 4), has Tyler Perry suiting up as his cross-dressing alter-ego to promote his two new shows premiering next month – a drama called “The Haves and the Have Nots” (May 28) and the comedy “Love Thy Neighbor” (May 29).
Winfrey dusted off her Miss Sofia outfit for the spot and hit Madea with her famed “All my life I had to fight…” monologue from “The Color Purple,” with some of the words changed to reflect her battle against “haters” trying to bring down the network.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Stacey Dash Announces Her Own Political Party, 'Dash America'
- Trick Daddy is Spitting Mad ... About Some Woman in Viral Video
- BET Drops Trailer for New Edition Biopic [Watch]
- WNBA's Candace Parker Shares Handwritten Recruitment Letter from Pat Summitt
- No Designers Wanted to Dress Leslie Jones for 'Ghostbusters' Red Carpet
- Drake Struggles With 'Work Banter' in Cut ‘SNL’ Sketch (Watch)
- Stranger Defends Teen Harassed for Selling Candy Outside Target (Watch)
- Chris Brown Responds to Recent Exits from ‘People Claiming to Be My Team’
- Shirley Caesar Receives Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame (Watch Full Ceremony)
- Tyrese Gibson Back as Robert Epps for ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here