*A remake of the 1975 Diana Ross film “Mahogany” is reportedly in the works from former Motown executive and producer Suzanne de Passe, reports BET.
Motown founder Berry Gordy directed the original, which starred Ross as Tracy, a Chicago native who dreams of becoming a fashion designer. Her rising international fame takes her to Rome, where she becomes torn between maintaining her relationship with hometown boyfriend Brian (Billy Dee Williams) or pursuing her burgeoning career.
Suzanne de Passe and her partner Phillip Madison Jones are looking to reboot “Mahogany” for their De Passe-Jones Entertainment, which is currently producing an adaptation of Star Jones’ novel “Satan’s Sisters” and a Martin Luther King Jr. biopic with Steven Spielberg.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- EUR on Set with 'Rosewood's' Morris Chestnut & Taye Diggs WATCH)
- Greg Hardy Cancels Thanksgiving Nightclub Gig Over ‘Public Image’?
- South African Girl in Chris Rock’s Family Here On ‘Visitor Visa’
- Woman Nearly Burned House Down Trying Something She Saw on Facebook
- Rapper Lil Boosie Says He Has Kidney Cancer
- Kim Zolciak Emotional in ‘DWTS’ Return Following Stroke
- Gap Band Family Feud! Ronnie Wilson Sues Charlie Wilson
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here