*A remake of the 1975 Diana Ross film “Mahogany” is reportedly in the works from former Motown executive and producer Suzanne de Passe, reports BET.
Motown founder Berry Gordy directed the original, which starred Ross as Tracy, a Chicago native who dreams of becoming a fashion designer. Her rising international fame takes her to Rome, where she becomes torn between maintaining her relationship with hometown boyfriend Brian (Billy Dee Williams) or pursuing her burgeoning career.
Suzanne de Passe and her partner Phillip Madison Jones are looking to reboot “Mahogany” for their De Passe-Jones Entertainment, which is currently producing an adaptation of Star Jones’ novel “Satan’s Sisters” and a Martin Luther King Jr. biopic with Steven Spielberg.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Public Invited to Watch Kendrick Lamar Receive Key to the City of Compton
- Why Are (White) People Suddenly Afraid of Beyonce's Black Pride?
- Jada Pinkett-Smith Addresses Idris Elba's 'Beasts' Oscar Snub
- Aaron Neville Brings His Quintet to Santa Monica ... and Shares His 'True Story' With EURweb
- For My Animal Loving Friends, Check Out This Unlikely Pair! (Watch)
- Toronto Councillor Want Beyonce Investigated for Black Panther Ties
- He Used to Walk 21-Miles to Work, Now He Drives & is Overweight
- Malcolm Jamal Warner on Ride-Or-Die Friendship Between OJ and AC (Exclusive)
- Master P Sued Over Failure to Deliver Snoop Dogg in Dubai
- Grammys: Ice Cube & Son to Present; Miguel to Sing 'She's Out Of My Life'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here