*A remake of the 1975 Diana Ross film “Mahogany” is reportedly in the works from former Motown executive and producer Suzanne de Passe, reports BET.
Motown founder Berry Gordy directed the original, which starred Ross as Tracy, a Chicago native who dreams of becoming a fashion designer. Her rising international fame takes her to Rome, where she becomes torn between maintaining her relationship with hometown boyfriend Brian (Billy Dee Williams) or pursuing her burgeoning career.
Suzanne de Passe and her partner Phillip Madison Jones are looking to reboot “Mahogany” for their De Passe-Jones Entertainment, which is currently producing an adaptation of Star Jones’ novel “Satan’s Sisters” and a Martin Luther King Jr. biopic with Steven Spielberg.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Nicki Minaj Ends Interview After 'Rude' Questions About Drake, Meek Mill
- Fox Orders 3 More Episodes of Morris Chestnut’s ‘Rosewood’
- Rupert Murdock...Seriously? You're Going to Define Whose 'Really Black'
- Jennifer Hudson Opens Up About Murder of Family Members
- #BlackTwitter Comes for Piers Morgan Over ‘I Love My Whiteness’
- Matt Barnes: I Was Checking On My Kids, Not Confronting Derek Fisher
- Ben Carson Now Blaming the Holocaust on Gun Control (Watch)
- Done Deal: F. Gary Gray Confirmed to Direct ‘Fast & Furious 8’
- Kelly Rowland is the New Face of Seagram’s Escapes
- Temple Board of Trustees Set to Replace Bill Cosby with Tamron Hall
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here