*A remake of the 1975 Diana Ross film “Mahogany” is reportedly in the works from former Motown executive and producer Suzanne de Passe, reports BET.
Motown founder Berry Gordy directed the original, which starred Ross as Tracy, a Chicago native who dreams of becoming a fashion designer. Her rising international fame takes her to Rome, where she becomes torn between maintaining her relationship with hometown boyfriend Brian (Billy Dee Williams) or pursuing her burgeoning career.
Suzanne de Passe and her partner Phillip Madison Jones are looking to reboot “Mahogany” for their De Passe-Jones Entertainment, which is currently producing an adaptation of Star Jones’ novel “Satan’s Sisters” and a Martin Luther King Jr. biopic with Steven Spielberg.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Rihanna Posts Crotch Video of Her Performance in Glasgow (Watch)
- Chris Brown’s Long Suffering Publicist Quits After He Curses Her Out
- Man 'Pulls Penis Out' to Scan on Self-Service Tray (Yes, He's in Jail)
- Pres. Obama Tries to Name Everyone Who Died on ‘Game of Thrones' - For a Good Cause (Watch)
- Sheila E on Her Prince Tribute for BET and its Emotional Toll
- BET’s Debra Lee on Jesse Williams, D’Angelo’s Absence, Electrocution Concerns for Beyonce, More
- Ludacris to Play Guantanamo Bay on Fourth of July
- Beyoncé's Mama Responds to Those Hating on Bey for Leaving BET Awards
- 2016 BET Awards See Spike in Viewership
- 4 Upgrades to Catch the Eye of Luxury Homebuyers
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here