*Earlier this month, the biggest headlines coming from early tapings of “America’s Got Talent” referred to the vicious booing of new judge Melanie “Mel B” Brown, the former Spice Girl who joins Howie Mandel and Howard Stern on the panel this summer along with fellow newcomer Heidi Klum.
Boo-birds attacked Scary Spice in New Orleans during the first day of filming, when she told a local brass band she wasn’t a fan of their music. The band, Lagniappe, is hugely popular in the city and the crowd responded to Mel’s comment with boos and shouts of “Go home.”
It was then reported that Mel was booed at another taping when she hit the buzzer on a comic telling a joke about how black taxi drivers are more entertaining than other taxi drivers. She said, “I found it really offensive. There was no need to do a stereotypical black joke. It was not funny.”
During a press conference for “America’s Got Talent” on Monday, Mel was asked point blank about her less-than-warm welcome by audiences thus far, but she never got a chance to answer.
Below, listen to the way all three of her fellow judges, led by host Nick Cannon – as if on cue and planned beforehand should this question come up – jump in to diffuse.
“America’s Got Talent” returns to NBC on June 4. Watch the promo below.
- WATCH: Deleted Scene from 'Home' Starring Rihanna, Jim Parsons
- Motorist Sues Bobbi Kristina as Family Prepares for Her Funeral
- Goodbye Clippers, Hello Mavericks! DeAndre Bolts from LA to Dallas
- Oprah is Hiring - 2015 Jobs Available in L.A. and N.Y.
- Lee England, Jr: You've Never Heard Violin Like This! (Covers Bey, Adele and Yeah, Mozart Too!) Photos
- Kim Burrell Returns with 'Thank You Jesus'
- Ava DuVernay WON'T Be Directing Marvel's 'Black Panther'
- Tamera Mowry-Housley Welcomes Daughter
- TMZ Claims Someone is Shopping Bobbi Kristina's Death Bed Photo
- The NBA Demands Removal of Flag & No More Systematic Racism
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here