*Earlier this month, the biggest headlines coming from early tapings of “America’s Got Talent” referred to the vicious booing of new judge Melanie “Mel B” Brown, the former Spice Girl who joins Howie Mandel and Howard Stern on the panel this summer along with fellow newcomer Heidi Klum.
Boo-birds attacked Scary Spice in New Orleans during the first day of filming, when she told a local brass band she wasn’t a fan of their music. The band, Lagniappe, is hugely popular in the city and the crowd responded to Mel’s comment with boos and shouts of “Go home.”
It was then reported that Mel was booed at another taping when she hit the buzzer on a comic telling a joke about how black taxi drivers are more entertaining than other taxi drivers. She said, “I found it really offensive. There was no need to do a stereotypical black joke. It was not funny.”
During a press conference for “America’s Got Talent” on Monday, Mel was asked point blank about her less-than-warm welcome by audiences thus far, but she never got a chance to answer.
Below, listen to the way all three of her fellow judges, led by host Nick Cannon – as if on cue and planned beforehand should this question come up – jump in to diffuse.
“America’s Got Talent” returns to NBC on June 4. Watch the promo below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Report Says Percocet Found in Prince's System
- Rappers Arrested for Credit Card Fraud after Rapping about Crimes in Songs
- L. A. City Hall Salutes 'Prince' on Friday, May 6, (Open to Public FREE)
- Alicia Keys Drops New Single - Ellen's $10,000 Gift to Dance Crew (WATCH)
- Prince’s ‘Kiss’ Performed Randomly on Subway Just Days Before He Died (Watch)
- Behind the Scenes of Janet Jackson’s New Video for ‘Dammn Baby’ (Watch)
- #AirbnbWhileBlack Exposes Racism Faced by Black Renters
- ‘Dear White People’ to Become a Netflix Series
- Trump Tweets Pic of Himself Eating Taco for Cinco de Mayo; Writes ‘I Love Hispanics!’
- Whoopi Goldberg Ready to Leave ‘The View’?
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here