*Earlier this month, the biggest headlines coming from early tapings of “America’s Got Talent” referred to the vicious booing of new judge Melanie “Mel B” Brown, the former Spice Girl who joins Howie Mandel and Howard Stern on the panel this summer along with fellow newcomer Heidi Klum.
Boo-birds attacked Scary Spice in New Orleans during the first day of filming, when she told a local brass band she wasn’t a fan of their music. The band, Lagniappe, is hugely popular in the city and the crowd responded to Mel’s comment with boos and shouts of “Go home.”
It was then reported that Mel was booed at another taping when she hit the buzzer on a comic telling a joke about how black taxi drivers are more entertaining than other taxi drivers. She said, “I found it really offensive. There was no need to do a stereotypical black joke. It was not funny.”
During a press conference for “America’s Got Talent” on Monday, Mel was asked point blank about her less-than-warm welcome by audiences thus far, but she never got a chance to answer.
Below, listen to the way all three of her fellow judges, led by host Nick Cannon – as if on cue and planned beforehand should this question come up – jump in to diffuse.
“America’s Got Talent” returns to NBC on June 4. Watch the promo below.
- Neighbors Complain Kardashians Wasting Water During Drought
- Will Packer Marries Longtime Love in Surprise Atlanta Wedding
- Phoenix Mother Allegedly Drowns Twin Boys Because 'No One Loved Them'
- How ABC Wooed Tyra Banks Back Into Daytime with 'FABLife'
- Amber Rose, Blac Chyna Twerk in Uber En Route to VMAs (Watch)
- Trick Daddy Files for Bankruptcy Amid Child Support Bills
- MTV Wants Kanye West to Host 2016 Video Music Awards (Report)
- Iowa Poll: Ben Carson Suddenly In a Tie With Donald Trump
- DC’s NFL Team: RG3 Demoted; DeSean Jackson Pisses Off Women
- Hulk Hogan Says He Was Suicidal Over N-Word Scandal: ‘I'm Not A Racist’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here