President Obama has apologized to California’s attorney general for commenting on her looks at a Democratic fundraiser.
White House press secretary Jay Carney says the president apologized to Kamala Harris on Thursday night, after he returned from California, for the distraction his comment created. Carney says Obama did not want to diminish Harris’ professional accomplishments and abilities.
At a Democratic fundraiser Thursday in Silicon Valley, Obama said Harris was “the best-looking attorney general.” Obama also called her brilliant, dedicated and tough. Carney says the two are longtime friends.
The comment raised eyebrows and lit up news blogs and websites. Some said it was an example of the hurdles that still confront working women.
Meanwhile, on Friday, the guests and host of MSNBC’s “Now” laughed off the incident as inconsequential. While some feminist commentators aren’t laughing, the MSNBC panel concluded that the president’s offensive comment amounted to a “one-day story.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (11-26-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- (Listen) ‘The Meaning of Life, Explained By 3rd Graders’ is Brilliant and On Point!
- Nivea Dishes about Her Feelings on Lil Wayne, Christina Milian (Watch)
- Akon and His Mother Owes $36K for Pimped Out Mansion
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- EUR on Set with 'Rosewood's' Morris Chestnut & Taye Diggs WATCH)
- Greg Hardy Cancels Thanksgiving Nightclub Gig Over ‘Public Image’?
- South African Girl in Chris Rock’s Family Here On ‘Visitor Visa’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here