President Obama has apologized to California’s attorney general for commenting on her looks at a Democratic fundraiser.
White House press secretary Jay Carney says the president apologized to Kamala Harris on Thursday night, after he returned from California, for the distraction his comment created. Carney says Obama did not want to diminish Harris’ professional accomplishments and abilities.
At a Democratic fundraiser Thursday in Silicon Valley, Obama said Harris was “the best-looking attorney general.” Obama also called her brilliant, dedicated and tough. Carney says the two are longtime friends.
The comment raised eyebrows and lit up news blogs and websites. Some said it was an example of the hurdles that still confront working women.
Meanwhile, on Friday, the guests and host of MSNBC’s “Now” laughed off the incident as inconsequential. While some feminist commentators aren’t laughing, the MSNBC panel concluded that the president’s offensive comment amounted to a “one-day story.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Peter Thomas and Cynthia Bailey Catch New Legal Battle
- Designer of Prince’s Purple Rain, Lovesexy & Parade Album Covers Reminisces
- Prince’s Music Vault Reportedly ‘Drilled Open’ by Bank Overseeing Estate
- Four 911 Calls Made from Paisley Park Between 2013 and Prince’s Death
- Joy Reid to Take Over Melissa Harris Perry’s Former MSNBC Timeslots
- EUR on the Red Carpet with Key and Peele's New Funny Flick, 'Keanu' (Watch)
- Larry Wilmore on Hosting Final WHCD Under Obama: ‘I’m Very Nervous’
- Beyonce’s Protégé Duo Chloe x Halle Premiere EP ‘Sugar Symphony’ (Listen)
- Rookie Cop Beats Handcuffed Woman & it's Caught on Camera! (WATCH)
- Prince Death Probe: Authorities Looking for 'Friendly' Docs who Prescribed Pills
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here