President Obama has apologized to California’s attorney general for commenting on her looks at a Democratic fundraiser.
White House press secretary Jay Carney says the president apologized to Kamala Harris on Thursday night, after he returned from California, for the distraction his comment created. Carney says Obama did not want to diminish Harris’ professional accomplishments and abilities.
At a Democratic fundraiser Thursday in Silicon Valley, Obama said Harris was “the best-looking attorney general.” Obama also called her brilliant, dedicated and tough. Carney says the two are longtime friends.
The comment raised eyebrows and lit up news blogs and websites. Some said it was an example of the hurdles that still confront working women.
Meanwhile, on Friday, the guests and host of MSNBC’s “Now” laughed off the incident as inconsequential. While some feminist commentators aren’t laughing, the MSNBC panel concluded that the president’s offensive comment amounted to a “one-day story.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'Roots' Star Anika Noni Rose: 'We Need To Hear About Our Holocaust' [EUR Exclusive]
- Kelly Rowland Talks Beyonce, Being 'Psycho' Mom, Her Mother's Death (Watch)
- Are Micro-credentials the Next Best Thing for a CV? (Infographic)
- Tamar Braxton Fired, BET Award Nominations, Madonna Prince Tribute and More! | BHL's This Week
- TV One Renews Docu-Series 'Rickey Smiley For Real'
- NBAer Richard Jefferson’s Reckless Spending Caused Loss of Millions: Ex-Manager
- Vivian Green Releases Music Video for 'Grown Folks Music'
- Black Greek Lesbians Hijack Traditions of Omega Psi Phi
- 'The Haves and The Have Nots' Return with a Bang [WATCH]
- 'One More Time' - New CD by Larry Buford
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here