President Obama has apologized to California’s attorney general for commenting on her looks at a Democratic fundraiser.
White House press secretary Jay Carney says the president apologized to Kamala Harris on Thursday night, after he returned from California, for the distraction his comment created. Carney says Obama did not want to diminish Harris’ professional accomplishments and abilities.
At a Democratic fundraiser Thursday in Silicon Valley, Obama said Harris was “the best-looking attorney general.” Obama also called her brilliant, dedicated and tough. Carney says the two are longtime friends.
The comment raised eyebrows and lit up news blogs and websites. Some said it was an example of the hurdles that still confront working women.
Meanwhile, on Friday, the guests and host of MSNBC’s “Now” laughed off the incident as inconsequential. While some feminist commentators aren’t laughing, the MSNBC panel concluded that the president’s offensive comment amounted to a “one-day story.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tina Lawson Explains Why Beyonce Hated Her Wedding Dress
- Ciara, Kim Kardashian, Chrissy Teigen Cameo in Fergie’s New ‘M.I.L.F. $’ Video (Watch)
- NFL’s Jason Pierre Paul Shows Blown Up Hand in New Firework Safety PSA (Watch)
- Fugitive Shanika Minor from FBI’s Most Wanted List Caught in North Carolina Motel
- Tavis Smiley: Prince ‘Locked Himself in his Bedroom for Days' After Michael Jackson Died (Watch)
- Gabby Douglas, Simone Biles Cover Teen Vogue, Talk Body Acceptance (Video)
- Obama’s Favorites: Kendrick Lamar, Janelle Monae Set for July 4 Event at White House
- Cops Help Toss Chris Brown From Ibiza Rental Trashed With Urine and Vomit
- Alice Walker Writes Poem Inspired by Jesse Williams’ BET Awards Speech
- WATCH: Celebs Talk Summer Anthems at the 2016 BET Awards
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here