*President Obama said he has “better things to do” than send his friends Jay-Z and Beyonce – or anybody else – on a trip to Cuba.
The couple caused a political stir earlier this month when they visited the country for their fifth anniversary, despite restrictions on travel for U.S. citizens. Jay-Z released a rap to fire back at critics with “Open Letter,” rapping: “Boy from the hood, but got White House clearance,” and “Obama said, ‘Chill, you gonna get me impeached.'”
“Today” show co-anchor Savannah Guthrie asked Obama about the controversial trip.
“I wasn’t familiar that they were taking the trip,” said POTUS. “My understanding is I think they went through a group that organizes these educational trips down to Cuba. You know, this is not something the White House was involved with. We’ve got better things to do.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Toni Braxton Confirms 'Love, Marriage & Divorce Part 2' with Babyface
- Jaden Smith Flaunts New Tesla X, That's Not Even Available Yet
- Obama Informs Republicans He WILL Nominate Scalia's Replacement
- Hip-Hop Met Fats Waller in LA!
- Michael Jordan's Rep Responds to 'Crying Jordan' Memes
- Supreme Court Associate Justice Antonin Scalia Found Dead
- Steph, Ayesha & Michelle Have Fun with 'Banana' Song (WATCH)
- TV Review: The Black Panthers Van Guard of the Revolution
- Wendy Williams Blasts Ciara Over $15 Million Future Lawsuit
- Must See! Barack and Michelle's Valentine's Day Greetings to Each Other (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here