*President Obama said he has “better things to do” than send his friends Jay-Z and Beyonce – or anybody else – on a trip to Cuba.
The couple caused a political stir earlier this month when they visited the country for their fifth anniversary, despite restrictions on travel for U.S. citizens. Jay-Z released a rap to fire back at critics with “Open Letter,” rapping: “Boy from the hood, but got White House clearance,” and “Obama said, ‘Chill, you gonna get me impeached.'”
“Today” show co-anchor Savannah Guthrie asked Obama about the controversial trip.
“I wasn’t familiar that they were taking the trip,” said POTUS. “My understanding is I think they went through a group that organizes these educational trips down to Cuba. You know, this is not something the White House was involved with. We’ve got better things to do.”
- Charlene Crowell: SCOTUS Ruling Preserves Key Fair Housing Tool
- THE (07-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- The Pulse of Entertainment: It’s the Beginning of a new era for the 'Terminator' Franchise with 'Terminator Genisys'
- Jason Derulo Channels King of Pop in New 'Cheyenne' Video - WATCH
- Diddy Won't be Prosecuted by DA for UCLA Altercation with Coach
- Karrueche Tran Reveals Her Father is Gay
- The Game Faces Three Years in Prison for Assaulting Cop
- ‘Empire’s’ Trai Byers on the ‘Jekyll and Hyde’ of Andre Lyon
- Ratings Plummet in Return of Halle Berry’s ‘Extant’
- L.A. District Attorney (Jackie Lacey) Silent on Pressing Charges Against CHP Officer in Video Beating
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here