*President Obama said he has “better things to do” than send his friends Jay-Z and Beyonce – or anybody else – on a trip to Cuba.
The couple caused a political stir earlier this month when they visited the country for their fifth anniversary, despite restrictions on travel for U.S. citizens. Jay-Z released a rap to fire back at critics with “Open Letter,” rapping: “Boy from the hood, but got White House clearance,” and “Obama said, ‘Chill, you gonna get me impeached.'”
“Today” show co-anchor Savannah Guthrie asked Obama about the controversial trip.
“I wasn’t familiar that they were taking the trip,” said POTUS. “My understanding is I think they went through a group that organizes these educational trips down to Cuba. You know, this is not something the White House was involved with. We’ve got better things to do.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ludacris' Secret to Making it Rain and Having Good Skin (WATCH)
- LL Cool J Charms at ‘Hamilton' - Gabrielle Union Slams Hollywood
- Peter Thomas and Cynthia Bailey Catch New Legal Battle
- Designer of Prince’s Purple Rain, Lovesexy & Parade Album Covers Reminisces
- Prince’s Music Vault Reportedly ‘Drilled Open’ by Bank Overseeing Estate
- Four 911 Calls Made from Paisley Park Between 2013 and Prince’s Death
- Joy Reid to Take Over Melissa Harris Perry’s Former MSNBC Timeslots
- EUR on the Red Carpet with Key and Peele's New Funny Flick, 'Keanu' (Watch)
- Larry Wilmore on Hosting Final WHCD Under Obama: ‘I’m Very Nervous’
- Beyonce’s Protégé Duo Chloe x Halle Premiere EP ‘Sugar Symphony’ (Listen)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here