*President Obama said he has “better things to do” than send his friends Jay-Z and Beyonce – or anybody else – on a trip to Cuba.
The couple caused a political stir earlier this month when they visited the country for their fifth anniversary, despite restrictions on travel for U.S. citizens. Jay-Z released a rap to fire back at critics with “Open Letter,” rapping: “Boy from the hood, but got White House clearance,” and “Obama said, ‘Chill, you gonna get me impeached.'”
“Today” show co-anchor Savannah Guthrie asked Obama about the controversial trip.
“I wasn’t familiar that they were taking the trip,” said POTUS. “My understanding is I think they went through a group that organizes these educational trips down to Cuba. You know, this is not something the White House was involved with. We’ve got better things to do.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- How Prince Ended Up on Mobb Deep's Track ‘Thou Shall Not Kill’
- OWN Sets Two-Night Premiere for Ava DuVernay Series ‘Queen Sugar’ (Watch Sneak Peek)
- Watch Rihanna's New 'Sledgehammer' Video inspired by 'Star Trek Beyond!'
- Stacey Dash Calls Jesse Williams a ‘Hollywood Plantation Slave’
- No, Pres. Obama Is NOT Giving $1000 to Everyone on Food Stamps
- UConn Revokes Bill Cosby’s Honorary Degree for Conduct 'Incongruent' With Their Values
- Questlove Joins New York Public Radio’s Board of Trustees
- Kevin Hart Scouting Talent for His ‘Laugh Out Loud’ On-Demand Channel
- Moniece Slaughter to Tank: 'You're Disgusting' for Shameful 'Stalker' Story [EUR Exclusive]
- 'We Are Charleston' Commemorates 1st-year Anniversary of 'The Emanuel Nine'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here