*President Obama said he has “better things to do” than send his friends Jay-Z and Beyonce – or anybody else – on a trip to Cuba.
The couple caused a political stir earlier this month when they visited the country for their fifth anniversary, despite restrictions on travel for U.S. citizens. Jay-Z released a rap to fire back at critics with “Open Letter,” rapping: “Boy from the hood, but got White House clearance,” and “Obama said, ‘Chill, you gonna get me impeached.'”
“Today” show co-anchor Savannah Guthrie asked Obama about the controversial trip.
“I wasn’t familiar that they were taking the trip,” said POTUS. “My understanding is I think they went through a group that organizes these educational trips down to Cuba. You know, this is not something the White House was involved with. We’ve got better things to do.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Was Prince Better than Hendrix? Only if He Crosses the Entertainment Divide
- Alexandra Shipp & the 'X-Men: Apocalypse’ Cast in the Big Apple
- Savion Glover's Feet Perform Magical Feats
- Keke Palmer Said to be Replacing Tamar Braxton on 'The Real?' (Report)
- First Look: Cynthia Bailey's New Luxury Luggage Line 'CARGO by Cynthia Bailey'
- Whitney Houston Estate in Court Fighting $11 Million Tax Bill
- 107-Year-Old Trades Dance Partner Pres. Obama for Dusty Baker (Watch)
- Police Test Bullets in T.I. Club Shooting to Determine Number of Guns Used
- Neil Brown Jr. Joins Issa Rae’s HBO Comedy ‘Insecure’
- Mariah Carey Checks Lee Daniels AND Wendy Williams for Saying She’s ‘Too Fragile’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here