*Oprah Winfrey really misses her daytime audience.
“I got a little choked up seeing you guys today, because what I really miss is the camaraderie with the audience every day. … I did that for 25 years,” says the TV titan, 59, during an interview airing Friday on Steve Harvey’s daytime talk show. [Watch a clip below.]
“I wanted to keep rising, and to leave while I was still rising,” says Winfrey, who now runs OWN, the Oprah Winfrey Network. “When I look back at the body of work, those of you who watched us for years, it’s astounding.”
Harvey, 56, hired many of Winfrey’s former staffers when he launched his own syndicated show last September. Winfrey was glad to see familiar faces during her visit, but something wasn’t quite the same.
“I walk in today, they’re all in suits!” she says. “I go, ‘What happened? Is there a suit rule around here?’ You all didn’t wear suits for me!”
- Brittney Griner Rebounds with Beauty Named Lola
- Jill Scott On Bill Cosby, 'Being a Beloved Black Man Is Dangerous
- Ja Rule Ready to Show Different Side in MTV Family Docuseries 'Follow the Rules'
- REPORT: Congressman Chaka Fattah (Dem/PA) Indicted in Racketeering Case
- Ohio Cop Ray Tensing Indicted for Murder of Samuel DuBose (Video of Shooting)
- Nick Gordon Eyed for Prosecution; Spotted Wearing Bobbi Kristina’s Ring
- Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral to be Private
- Whoopi Defends Elisabeth Hasselbeck Against Racism Claims: 'She Never Asked Me to Pick Cotton' (Watch)
- Jaden Smith Drops Video for New Track ‘Scarface’ (Watch)
- Boy, 8, Youngest to Receive Successful Double Hand Transplant (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here