*Oprah Winfrey sits down with Oscar-winning actress Jane Fonda and her adopted African-American daughter Mary Williams for their first-ever interview together on “Oprah’s Next Chapter,” airing Sunday, April 7 at 9 p.m. ET/PT on OWN.
Williams grew up in Oakland as a member of the Black Panther Party, as chronicled in her recently released memoir The Lost Daughter. Williams was one of six children raised by a single mother after Mary’s father was sent to prison. At age 13, Mary was invited to attend the Laurel Springs Children’s Camp run by Jane Fonda and her then-husband, Tom Hayden. There, her bond with Jane grew strong. One year later, Jane invited Mary to live with her in Santa Monica, California.
On “Oprah’s Next Chapter,” mother and daughter tell Oprah how they met, and Williams shares what it was like becoming a part of Fonda’s Hollywood life. Fonda’s biological son Troy Garity, who starred in “Barbershop” and the Starz series “Boss,” also joins the conversation, discussing what it was like to have Williams come into their family.
Watch sneak peeks below.
Below: Jane and Mary discuss their relationship.
Mary Williams on Being Invited to Live with Jane Fonda: “I Didn’t Even Think About It”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Civil Rights Leaders Call for 'Lunch Out' of Pre Oscar Ceremony Luncheon
- James Franco to Direct ‘Zola Tells All’ Based on Stripper Twitter Saga
- James Brown Previews Super Bowl Pregame Show: 'It's Only 4 Hrs As Opposed to 7'
- Jill Scott Wins Big at 47th Annual NAACP Image Awards
- Kim & Kanye Fought Over Wiz Khalifa Rant and Wendy Williams Dis?
- 47th NAACP Image Awards Announces Winners of Non-Televised Categories
- Filmmakers Say 'Kung Fu Panda 3' is 'Perfect Premise For Creating Comedy' [EUR Exclusive]
- Ne-Yo’s Ex-Fiance Moyetta Shaw Posts Pics With New Millionaire Man
- Too Bad Girlfriends Don't Know Everything
- Suge Knight Loses Phone and Visitor Privileges in Jail
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here