*Oprah Winfrey sits down with Oscar-winning actress Jane Fonda and her adopted African-American daughter Mary Williams for their first-ever interview together on “Oprah’s Next Chapter,” airing Sunday, April 7 at 9 p.m. ET/PT on OWN.
Williams grew up in Oakland as a member of the Black Panther Party, as chronicled in her recently released memoir The Lost Daughter. Williams was one of six children raised by a single mother after Mary’s father was sent to prison. At age 13, Mary was invited to attend the Laurel Springs Children’s Camp run by Jane Fonda and her then-husband, Tom Hayden. There, her bond with Jane grew strong. One year later, Jane invited Mary to live with her in Santa Monica, California.
On “Oprah’s Next Chapter,” mother and daughter tell Oprah how they met, and Williams shares what it was like becoming a part of Fonda’s Hollywood life. Fonda’s biological son Troy Garity, who starred in “Barbershop” and the Starz series “Boss,” also joins the conversation, discussing what it was like to have Williams come into their family.
Watch sneak peeks below.
Below: Jane and Mary discuss their relationship.
Mary Williams on Being Invited to Live with Jane Fonda: “I Didn’t Even Think About It”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Music Producer Jazze Pha Drowning In Debt, Files for Bankruptcy
- ADIFF Holds Black Film Series May 27-29 Featuring Films by Sidney Poitier & Charles Burnett
- Tyler Perry Upgrades Like a Boss; Takes a Hit with Buckhead Mansion Sale (Report)
- Rapper Troy Ave Arrested in T.I. Concert Shooting; New Video Allegedly Shows Him Opening Fire (Watch)
- Racist Chinese Detergent Ad Washes the Black Off of Black Man (Watch)
- Alicia Keys to Make History with San Siro Performance
- Spelling Bee Kids Dab Their Way Through Early Rounds (Watch)
- Venus and Serena Advance With Identical Singles Scores at French Open
- Gucci Mane Released from Prison Four Months Early
- Brittney Griner’s Ex Glory Johnson Moves On…With a Man
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here