*Is OWN the new BET?
It looks like Oprah Winfrey has struck gold with black female viewers, and is happily feeding the demographic with shows that are helping to right the ship.
The network announced today that its primetime Saturday (April 20) lineup featuring “Iyanla: Fix My Life,” “Raising Whitley” and Life With La Toya” ranked No. 1 for African-American women in all of television for a second consecutive week.
OWN drew 3.7 million total viewers for the night, with episode two of “Iyanla: Fix My Life” featuring Sheree Whitfield attracting 1.5 million, followed by the series premiere of “Raising Whitley” at 1.2 million and “La Toya” drawing just over 1 million.
Among African American females 25-54, all three shows ranked No. 1 in their respective time periods across all broadcast and cable networks.
Over the past two Saturday nights, OWN has been the most watched network (non-sports) for African-American viewers. In addition, for the second consecutive week, OWN was the No. 1 most social cable network in primetime (non-sports) on Saturday in all of TV according to Bluefin.
The ratings will likely rise even higher next month with the May 28 and 29 premiere of Tyler Perry’s new shows “The Haves & Haves Nots” and “Love Thy Neighbor.” Watch a preview below.
- Browns Suspicious Houstons Will Sneak Pic of Bobbi Kristina's Body: Report
- DIY Zen Living: Make the Most of Whatever Outdoor Space You Have
- The Wiz Casting, Bobbi Kristina, Racial Profiling App, Janet Jackson & More| BHL
- Whoa! Baltimore Sees 43 Homicides in July - A 43 Year Record for A Single Month
- Family Dynamics Cause Scare in Saturday's 'Flex & Shanice' (WATCH)
- Janet Jackson Continues Tour Rehearsal, Set to Perform at iHeartRadio Festival
- Lauryn Hill Performs Nina Simone’s ‘Feeling Good’ on ‘Fallon’ (Watch)
- Azealia Banks Shades Erykah Badu for Having Multiple Baby Daddies
- Teyonah Parris’ Hair Becomes Storyline for ‘Survivor’s Remorse’ Season 2
- Jay Z’s Roc Nation Sued for Wooing, Then, Deserting Boxer
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here