*Is OWN the new BET?
It looks like Oprah Winfrey has struck gold with black female viewers, and is happily feeding the demographic with shows that are helping to right the ship.
The network announced today that its primetime Saturday (April 20) lineup featuring “Iyanla: Fix My Life,” “Raising Whitley” and Life With La Toya” ranked No. 1 for African-American women in all of television for a second consecutive week.
OWN drew 3.7 million total viewers for the night, with episode two of “Iyanla: Fix My Life” featuring Sheree Whitfield attracting 1.5 million, followed by the series premiere of “Raising Whitley” at 1.2 million and “La Toya” drawing just over 1 million.
Among African American females 25-54, all three shows ranked No. 1 in their respective time periods across all broadcast and cable networks.
Over the past two Saturday nights, OWN has been the most watched network (non-sports) for African-American viewers. In addition, for the second consecutive week, OWN was the No. 1 most social cable network in primetime (non-sports) on Saturday in all of TV according to Bluefin.
The ratings will likely rise even higher next month with the May 28 and 29 premiere of Tyler Perry’s new shows “The Haves & Haves Nots” and “Love Thy Neighbor.” Watch a preview below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Dr. Dre Wants 'Beats and Rhymes' Tour with Snoop, Eminem, Kendrick
- Lamar Odom Found Unconscious at Nevada Brothel; Doesn't Look Good: Report
- Najee Alli, NAN Pressure USC to Consider Hiring Black Coach
- [Watch] Teaser Trailer for Jesse Owens Biopic 'Race'
- Danny Sapani Plays ‘Berber the Moor’ in FX’s Drama 'Bastard Executioner'
- Tamera Mowry-Housely Has 'Goosebumps!' (Photos)
- Chris Bosh and Wife Adrienne Expecting Twins
- President Obama Crashes Wedding at San Diego Golf Course (Watch)
- Taraji P. Henson Slays November Cover of Essence
- Suge Knight Sneaks Birthday Message to Son During Court (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here