*Is OWN the new BET?
It looks like Oprah Winfrey has struck gold with black female viewers, and is happily feeding the demographic with shows that are helping to right the ship.
The network announced today that its primetime Saturday (April 20) lineup featuring “Iyanla: Fix My Life,” “Raising Whitley” and Life With La Toya” ranked No. 1 for African-American women in all of television for a second consecutive week.
OWN drew 3.7 million total viewers for the night, with episode two of “Iyanla: Fix My Life” featuring Sheree Whitfield attracting 1.5 million, followed by the series premiere of “Raising Whitley” at 1.2 million and “La Toya” drawing just over 1 million.
Among African American females 25-54, all three shows ranked No. 1 in their respective time periods across all broadcast and cable networks.
Over the past two Saturday nights, OWN has been the most watched network (non-sports) for African-American viewers. In addition, for the second consecutive week, OWN was the No. 1 most social cable network in primetime (non-sports) on Saturday in all of TV according to Bluefin.
The ratings will likely rise even higher next month with the May 28 and 29 premiere of Tyler Perry’s new shows “The Haves & Haves Nots” and “Love Thy Neighbor.” Watch a preview below.
- Kimye Win Over $400K Settlement Against YouTube Co-Founder
- VH1 Orders Stevie J, Joseline Spin-Off; Season 2 of K. Michelle Confirmed
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Tamar Braxton: ‘Ariana Grande Can Sing Her Face Off,’ But She Ain’t No Mariah
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here