*Is OWN the new BET?
It looks like Oprah Winfrey has struck gold with black female viewers, and is happily feeding the demographic with shows that are helping to right the ship.
The network announced today that its primetime Saturday (April 20) lineup featuring “Iyanla: Fix My Life,” “Raising Whitley” and Life With La Toya” ranked No. 1 for African-American women in all of television for a second consecutive week.
OWN drew 3.7 million total viewers for the night, with episode two of “Iyanla: Fix My Life” featuring Sheree Whitfield attracting 1.5 million, followed by the series premiere of “Raising Whitley” at 1.2 million and “La Toya” drawing just over 1 million.
Among African American females 25-54, all three shows ranked No. 1 in their respective time periods across all broadcast and cable networks.
Over the past two Saturday nights, OWN has been the most watched network (non-sports) for African-American viewers. In addition, for the second consecutive week, OWN was the No. 1 most social cable network in primetime (non-sports) on Saturday in all of TV according to Bluefin.
The ratings will likely rise even higher next month with the May 28 and 29 premiere of Tyler Perry’s new shows “The Haves & Haves Nots” and “Love Thy Neighbor.” Watch a preview below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- EUR EXCLUSIVE: 'The Legend of Tarzan' Press Junket
- THE (06-29-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- The Legends of Bad A** Women: 'Tarzan' Ain't the Only One with a Jane
- 'Star Trek Beyond' Trailer Features 'Sledgehammer' from Rihanna (WATCH)
- Jennifer Hudson Signs W/ Epic Records
- Stacey Dash Announces Her Own Political Party, 'Dash America'
- Trick Daddy is Spitting Mad ... About Some Woman in Viral Video
- BET Drops Trailer for New Edition Biopic [Watch]
- WNBA's Candace Parker Shares Handwritten Recruitment Letter from Pat Summitt
- No Designers Wanted to Dress Leslie Jones for 'Ghostbusters' Red Carpet
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here