*Cordell “Boogie” Mosson, longtime bassist for George Clinton’s legendary Parliament-Funkadelic, died last Thursday (April 18) at the age of 60, reports Billboard.com. No official cause of death has been given.
Mosson was born October 16, 1952 and grew up in Plainfield, NJ. He first met Clinton in the early seventies, when the P-Funk leader produced his original band, United Soul. Mosson toured with P-Funk’s sister groups from the seventies through the early eighties and played on some of their albums over that time.
In the early eighties, he took over for Bootsy Collins as the band’s primary live bassist, and remained in that position until the collective’s hiatus in 1984. In 1997, Parliament-Funkadelic was inducted into the Rock ‘n Roll Hall of Fame, and Mosson was one of the 16 members included.
Mosson performed with reunited versions of the Parliament-Funkadelic up until 2011. On July 8 of that year, the group’s official Facebook page announced the bassist was hospitalized and in “serious condition.” It’s not known if that health scare was linked to his death.
In a statement on George Clinton’s official site, keyboardist Danny Bedrosian observed:
“Boog’s knowledge and understanding of Rhythm, the ONE, the Pocket, and the FEEL of P-FUNK, was UNMATCHED. We in Parliament-Funkadelic, wish to send our prayers to Boog’s family, and with extreme sadness, we say our worldly goodbye to our brother, our uncle, our friend, our teacher, our valued, trusted, master of musical expression.”
- Bobby Shmurda's Girlfriend Busted Smuggling Shank Into Rikers
- B.Scott Accompanies Laverne Cox to BET Awards
- Nick Cannon Weighs in on Mariah Carey and her New Man
- Jason Derulo Misjudged Potential of New Song ‘Want to Want Me’
- Watch Beyonce Frolic in Rainbow Gear to Celebrate Marriage Equality
- Emmitt Smith Backs Out of Judging Miss USA Pageant
- Serena, Venus Advance at Wimbledon, One Step Closer to Facing Each Other
- SF 49er RB Reggie Bush Puts MI Home on Market for $2.4M (Pics)
- NeNe Leakes, Betty White, Anthony Anderson Lead ABC’s ‘To Tell the Truth’ Reboot
- Easily Distracted? 5 Ways to Focus Better at the Office
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here