*Cordell “Boogie” Mosson, longtime bassist for George Clinton’s legendary Parliament-Funkadelic, died last Thursday (April 18) at the age of 60, reports Billboard.com. No official cause of death has been given.
Mosson was born October 16, 1952 and grew up in Plainfield, NJ. He first met Clinton in the early seventies, when the P-Funk leader produced his original band, United Soul. Mosson toured with P-Funk’s sister groups from the seventies through the early eighties and played on some of their albums over that time.
In the early eighties, he took over for Bootsy Collins as the band’s primary live bassist, and remained in that position until the collective’s hiatus in 1984. In 1997, Parliament-Funkadelic was inducted into the Rock ‘n Roll Hall of Fame, and Mosson was one of the 16 members included.
Mosson performed with reunited versions of the Parliament-Funkadelic up until 2011. On July 8 of that year, the group’s official Facebook page announced the bassist was hospitalized and in “serious condition.” It’s not known if that health scare was linked to his death.
In a statement on George Clinton’s official site, keyboardist Danny Bedrosian observed:
“Boog’s knowledge and understanding of Rhythm, the ONE, the Pocket, and the FEEL of P-FUNK, was UNMATCHED. We in Parliament-Funkadelic, wish to send our prayers to Boog’s family, and with extreme sadness, we say our worldly goodbye to our brother, our uncle, our friend, our teacher, our valued, trusted, master of musical expression.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- The Socialist's Journal: Blake Lively
- Dr. Kenneth C. Ulmer and David Sigel Announce TUI
- 'It Got Better': Raven Symone Talks Sexuality & Coming Out (WATCH)
- THE (05-24-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Oscar Generale & Denny Mendez Shopping for Baby Clothes?
- Lynn Whitfield Dishes on Her Dramatic Face Off With Oprah! (WATCH)
- Yes, Wendy Williams Had Plenty to Say About the Tamar/'The Real' Situation (WATCH)
- Bombshell Report: Bill Cosby Admitted to Sex with Teens!
- Floyd Mayweather Hired Drake, Future For Daughter’s Sweet Sixteen
- Donald Trump Lists Oakland as 'Most Dangerous City in the World'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here