*“Real Housewives of Atlanta” star Porsha Stewart – who discovered last month via Twitter that her husband Kordell was filing for divorce, then had to find him in another room of the house to confirm it – did a video interview with People magazine to further discuss her experience. Click here to watch.
“When you’re married you definitely feel like you have the ability to communicate with your mate enough for them to come in and say, ‘Hey, we’re going to get a divorce.’ But that didn’t happen,” Stewart tells the magazine. “I found out about it on Twitter, which was surprising. I’m still in total shock.”
Yet Stewart, 31, is trying to stay strong after her split with the 40-year-old former NFL star, and beginning to rebuild her life with the help of family and friends, including “RHOA” costar NeNe Leakes, who criticized the Stewarts’ relationship in a blog on BravoTV.com prior to the split.
“I’m definitely blessed to have a strong support system around me,” Porsha says. “NeNe, she’s been through a similar situation in her past. She’s telling me to take care of me right now, and that’s what I’m doing.”
Now that news of the split has begun to sink in, Stewart is starting to focus on rebuilding her life, and she’s reconnecting to her “very independent” formerly single self.
“I had my own businesses and I gave that up to become 100 percent wife,” she says. “At this point I am finding my way back to that Porsha, back to that independent woman who makes decisions on her own. I’m not living through someone else’s eyes and I’m looking forward to that.”
“I didn’t get married to get divorced,” she says. “This is not something that I wanted. But at the end of the day I feel there has to be a bigger blessing in this. … There has to be something great for Porsha in the future.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- How to Start Your Own Online Casino
- Was Prince Better than Hendrix? Only if He Crosses the Entertainment Divide
- Alexandra Shipp & the 'X-Men: Apocalypse’ Cast in the Big Apple
- Savion Glover's Feet Perform Magical Feats
- Keke Palmer Said to be Replacing Tamar Braxton on 'The Real?' (Report)
- First Look: Cynthia Bailey's New Luxury Luggage Line 'CARGO by Cynthia Bailey'
- The Pulse of Entertainment: MBK’s Glory2Glory Presents Livre’, ‘Jericho: Tribe of Joshua’
- Whitney Houston Estate in Court Fighting $11 Million Tax Bill
- 107-Year-Old Trades Dance Partner Pres. Obama for Dusty Baker (Watch)
- Police Test Bullets in T.I. Club Shooting to Determine Number of Guns Used
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here