*“Real Housewives of Atlanta” star Porsha Stewart – who discovered last month via Twitter that her husband Kordell was filing for divorce, then had to find him in another room of the house to confirm it – did a video interview with People magazine to further discuss her experience. Click here to watch.
“When you’re married you definitely feel like you have the ability to communicate with your mate enough for them to come in and say, ‘Hey, we’re going to get a divorce.’ But that didn’t happen,” Stewart tells the magazine. “I found out about it on Twitter, which was surprising. I’m still in total shock.”
Yet Stewart, 31, is trying to stay strong after her split with the 40-year-old former NFL star, and beginning to rebuild her life with the help of family and friends, including “RHOA” costar NeNe Leakes, who criticized the Stewarts’ relationship in a blog on BravoTV.com prior to the split.
“I’m definitely blessed to have a strong support system around me,” Porsha says. “NeNe, she’s been through a similar situation in her past. She’s telling me to take care of me right now, and that’s what I’m doing.”
Now that news of the split has begun to sink in, Stewart is starting to focus on rebuilding her life, and she’s reconnecting to her “very independent” formerly single self.
“I had my own businesses and I gave that up to become 100 percent wife,” she says. “At this point I am finding my way back to that Porsha, back to that independent woman who makes decisions on her own. I’m not living through someone else’s eyes and I’m looking forward to that.”
“I didn’t get married to get divorced,” she says. “This is not something that I wanted. But at the end of the day I feel there has to be a bigger blessing in this. … There has to be something great for Porsha in the future.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Prince Update: He was Scheduled to Meet with Addition Doctor (Report)
- Beyoncé Announces Investment in Watermelon Sports Drink Co.
- Did You Wake Up to The Voice of 'The Rock'? You Could (Watch)
- 50 Cent Apologizes to Family of Autistic Airport Worker
- Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder wants Pres. Obama to Drink Flint Water
- Mental Health Therapist Teaches Victims to Forgive
- THE (05-04-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Eddie Murphy and Girlfriend Paige Butcher Welcome Baby Girl
- Khloé Kardashian Reportedly Boots Ex’s Daddy from his Home
- Michael Strahan Tells 'Extra' He's Not Listening to Rumors About Him
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here