He told “Today’s” Savannah Gutherie that his girls are under close watch, not only by the secret service, but also by he and Michelle.
And in keeping them in line, he said if ever Malia, 14, or Sasha, 11, ever decided to get inked, it’ll be a family affair.
“What we’ve said to the girls is, ‘If you guys ever decide you’re going to get a tattoo, then mommy and me will get the exact same tattoo in the same place. And we’ll go on YouTube and show it off as a family tattoo,'” said Obama. “And our thinking is that might dissuade them from thinking that somehow that’s a good way to rebel.”
He also addressed, quite lovingly, his wife’s slip of the tongue comment about being a single mother.
“You know, as somebody who has stumbled over my lines many times, I tend to cut my wife or anybody some slack when it comes to just a slip of the tongue,” said Obama. “But there’s no doubt that there’ve been times where Michelle probably felt like a single mom.”
He continued, explaining that he understand the burden his wife had to carry, especially during campaign seasons.
“And she definitely, I think, understands the burdens that women in particular tend to feel if they’re both responsible for child rearing and they’re responsible for working at the same time,” said Obama.
- George Takei Apologizes for Calling Clarence Thomas 'Clown in Blackface'
- ‘Empire’s’ Kaitlin Doubleday Looking Forward to Chris Rock, Alicia Keys
- Paula Deen Says She Didn't Post the Brownface Pic; Her Twitter Handler Did
- Rick Ross Released from Jail after Posting $2 Million Bail
- FSU’s De’Andre Johnson Says Woman Called Him N-Word Before he Hit Her (Report)
- Bobbi Kristina’s Hospice Room Filled with Whitney’s Music, Photos, Scented Candles (Report)
- Donovan McNabb Arrested on Suspicion of DUI - Again
- Serena Advances at Wimbledon with Win Against Victoria Azarenka
- Women Traveling Solo: Wear a Fake Wedding Ring (and Other Tips!)
- Paula Deen Tweets Photo of Son in Brownface
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here