*R. Kelly surprised Weekend One Coachella goers when he showed up for an unexpected performance; only thing is he was supposed to show up for Weekend Two with The Postal Service.
So on Saturday night, the group’s frontman, Ben Gibbard, put Kelly on blast for standing up the crowd for last week’s stint.
“We were supposed to have a special guest last weekend, but then that guest took the stage with Phoenix instead,” Ben explained. ”He was supposed to be here tonight, but didn’t show up again. That’s OK though. This song goes out to you, R Kelly,” the band leader added before going into his hit, “Such Great Heights.”
Some speculate that he skipped out on the performance because Phoenix was a headliner while The Postal Service was just a ‘filler.’
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Faith Evans, Eric Benet, Aloe Blacc Added to Prince Tribute in L.A.
- Adele Stops Her Concert to Praise Beyonce; Calls Her ‘Jesus F***ing Christ’ (Watch)
- Why You Suddenly Heard Prince Music on ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ and ‘Scandal’
- 7-Year-Old Girl Wins Handwriting Competition With No Hands
- Blac Chyna, Rob Kardashian Confirm Pregnancy with Baby Bump Emoji
- Elise Neal, Eriq LaSalle Join Hugh Jackman in ‘Wolverine 3’
- La La Anthony, Monica Calhoun, Yvette Nicole Brown Join BET’s 'New Edition: The Movie'
- DJ Kool Herc Sues HBO’s ‘Vinyl’ for Using His Identity
- Stacii Jae Johnson Writes the Book on Dating Lots of Men
- Former ‘American Idol’ Finalist Rickey Smith Killed in Car Accident
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here