*R. Kelly surprised Weekend One Coachella goers when he showed up for an unexpected performance; only thing is he was supposed to show up for Weekend Two with The Postal Service.
So on Saturday night, the group’s frontman, Ben Gibbard, put Kelly on blast for standing up the crowd for last week’s stint.
“We were supposed to have a special guest last weekend, but then that guest took the stage with Phoenix instead,” Ben explained. ”He was supposed to be here tonight, but didn’t show up again. That’s OK though. This song goes out to you, R Kelly,” the band leader added before going into his hit, “Such Great Heights.”
Some speculate that he skipped out on the performance because Phoenix was a headliner while The Postal Service was just a ‘filler.’
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Target Wins Lawsuit Filed by Rosa and Raymond Parks Institute
- 'The Music of ‘Underground': Behind-the-Scenes with John Legend on Slave Thriller
- Lamar Odom On Way to Full Recovery; Almost Living on His Own
- Hillary Clinton Doesn’t Deserve the Black Vote. Here's why ...
- #BlackLivesMatter Activist Commits Suicide on Ohio Statehouse Steps
- Jubilee Project Video Discusses a ‘World Without Black People’
- How I Helped 50,000 Blacks Think it Out, Not Shoot it Out
- THE (02-10-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Lalah Hathaway & Kindred the Family Soul Headline ATL SLMF
- Timbaland Reschedules Detroit Charity Gig Following Champagne Tantrum
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here