*We sat down with Ray J so he could explain the reason for maintaining this odd charade that “I Hit It First” is not about Kim Kardashian.
The video, released online today, has resuscitated buzz about the tune thanks to the Kim Kardashian lookalike starring as his love interest. Throw that in with the pixelated photo of the real Kim on the single’s cover, and it’s quite obvious who the song is about.
“It started out as just a song I recorded,” said Ray J, 32. “I’m independent so it kinda leaked and created this stir all over. So, we put it up on iTunes and it debuted at No. 3. We’re in good shape.”
Ray J doesn’t admit that this kabuki theater surrounding the song is designed to avoid possible lawsuits from Kamp Kardashian. Instead, he explains that “I Hit it First” was written in a way that allows listeners to draw their own conclusions.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Aretha Franklin Covers 'Purple Rain' at International Jazz Day (WATCH)
- New Woman Claims She’s Prince’s Long-Lost Half Sister; Seeks Piece of Estate
- Donald Trump Mocks Carly Fiorina’s Stage Fall: ‘Anybody See That? She Went Down’
- Malia Obama Takes One-Year Deferment Prior to Harvard Start
- Prince Talks Michael Jackson's Death, Chris Brown in Never-Published 2014 Rolling Stone Interview
- Dixie Chicks Cover Beyonce’s ‘Daddy Lessons’ Despite Song's Nashville Backlash (Watch)
- Prince’s Siblings Attend Packed Hearing; Judge Appoints Special Administrator
- Keke Wyatt's Emotional Cover of Prince’s ‘Diamonds and Pearls’ (Watch)
- Al Sharpton Rips Larry Wilmore’s ‘My N**ga’ Salute to Obama (Watch)
- Justin Lin in Talks to Direct Lebron James in 'Space Jam 2'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here