*We sat down with Ray J so he could explain the reason for maintaining this odd charade that “I Hit It First” is not about Kim Kardashian.
The video, released online today, has resuscitated buzz about the tune thanks to the Kim Kardashian lookalike starring as his love interest. Throw that in with the pixelated photo of the real Kim on the single’s cover, and it’s quite obvious who the song is about.
“It started out as just a song I recorded,” said Ray J, 32. “I’m independent so it kinda leaked and created this stir all over. So, we put it up on iTunes and it debuted at No. 3. We’re in good shape.”
Ray J doesn’t admit that this kabuki theater surrounding the song is designed to avoid possible lawsuits from Kamp Kardashian. Instead, he explains that “I Hit it First” was written in a way that allows listeners to draw their own conclusions.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- NYC Cabbie: Roker Snub a ‘Misunderstanding’; Peele & Peretti Get Engaged
- Black Pastors Dispute Donald Trump’s Endorsement Claim for Meeting
- How the #BLM Movement Stays Alive & Effective Outside Spotlight
- THE (11-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 'Carol' Explores Lesbian Love in the 50s
- Uzo Aduba: 'Bigger, Higher and Braver,' Thanks to Queen Latifah
- Mystery Collector Buys Wu-Tang's Album for Millions / Usher's #Eggplant Confession
- The Rise, Fall and Legacy of Berry Gordy's Motown Returns to Broadway
- Kobe Bryant Announces Retirement Via Poem: 'Dear Basketball'
- Holly Holm Asks Beyoncé ‘What’s Your Name?’ in Awkward Vegas Moment
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here