*Could you forgive someone who took a loved one from you?
How could you even begin to go about forgiving them for what they have done? After forgiveness, could you be friends with this person? One New York man has done just that.
Anthony Colon lost his older brother tragically. He received the news that his brother had been shot to death in East Harlem, which was tragic for him, since he loved his older brother so much. He was angry. He remained angry for years. It took control of his life and wore him down. His brother had been unarmed when three men fired 13 rounds into his body.
Colon said that the hate and anger he felt made him hate everything. He said he hated life and everyone in it. It turned him into a monster, a shell of the person he once was. He missed his brother who had stood up for him and stood by him no matter what.
As the years went on, the anger finally wore down and Colon began to reclaim his life. He ended up getting married and having two children. He turned to religion for solace. He began to have a strong feeling that he needed to reconcile with his brother’s killer, he just wanted everything to be okay again.
Read/learn more at KCTV5.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Be Someone Partners W/ Police for Brains Before Bullets
- THE (06-30-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Music Exec Salutes Billy Paul & Luther Vandross
- Before Muhammad Ali's Death, Son Says 'Evil Stepmom' Kept Him Prisoner
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young Because He Impregnated His Ex
- Deion Sanders Hit With $1M Lawsuit Over Assault at Son's School
- Apollo Nida Breaking Jailhouse Rules Because ... He's Famous
- Homeless Woman and Millionaire Brought Together by a (Wait for it) Dog
- Wiz Khalifa Sued for $2 Million by Former Label
- TV Host Tomi Lahren Rips Jesse Williams, BET for ‘Race Baiting’ & 'Perpetuating War on Cops' (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here