The situation comedy show is slated to film 33 episodes and is currently in pre-production mode right now, but there’s a big twist or asterisk in its future, if you will. At least for now and it’s very interesting, according to HumorMillMag.com.
Our sources also state that the show will move forward with actress Jennifer Freeman (best known as the daughter to Damon Wayans‘ character in ABC’s My Wife & Kids), as she will play the cousin of Ali’s character.
Now before we let your imagination run wild, there is no animosity with Ali or the producers of the show. It turns out that Ali signed a contract to be on “2nd Generation Wayans” and moved forward with that show (which now looks like it may not be returning to BET) and her contract stipulates that she cannot be on two shows on rival networks at the same time. With this being said, “Love That Girl” wasn’t even in production at that time, and as an actress Ali has to work so her decision in this matter makes a lot of sense.
In other words, even though the producers are moving forward without Tatyana’s character for this season, you can expect that Miss Ali will be written back in if the show is picked up for next season.
- Russell Simmons Signs New First-Look Deal with HBO, Sets Def Comedy Jam Anniversary Special
- Rinkins Report: Author Offers Recipe for Leadership Success
- Raynetta Turner: Mother of Eight is Latest Victim in String of Black Female Jail Cell Deaths
- HBO to Air Documentary About Jordan Davis, Teen Killed Over Loud Music
- Utah Considers Changing Name of Negro Bill Canyon
- NBC Reportedly Close to Signing Beyonce for ‘The Wiz Live’
- Lupita Nyong’o to Make NY Stage Debut in Danai Gurira's ‘Eclipsed’
- Mariah Carey to Direct Hallmark Film, Sets NYC Xmas Shows, European Tour
- Sounds of Blackness Releases Incredible Anthem 'Black Lives Matter: No Justice No Peace!' (WATCH/LISTEN)
- Confederate Flags Left At Martin Luther King’s Church in Atlanta
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here