“Robin Roberts says she’ll be back on “Good Morning America” next week after suffering a health setback while on vacation in Florida.
The “GMA” co-host re-joined George Stephanopoulos in February after nearly six months off the air to battle to fight myelodysplastic syndrome, a rare bone marrow and blood disorder. She received a bone marrow transplant last September.
“Last week, in the middle of my Key West vacation, I began not to feel well. Nothing serious, just under the weather. I contacted my doctors and flew back to NYC. They felt it best to admit me into the hospital for a few days,” Roberts said Thursday in a post on Facebook.
“Seems my young immune system needed a little boost to fight off ‘opportunistic infections.’ My doctors assured me that this was NOT because I was working or doing too much, too soon. It’s extremely common, post bone marrow transplant, to have complications. I’m blessed that mine have not been severe. I’m feeling MUCH better, and will relax at home for the rest of the week. I’ll be back on GMA next week…as my sweet momma would say: ‘Good Lord willing, and the creek don’t rise!'”
Roberts, 52, also addressed her absence in the wake of the Boston Marathon bombings, writing: “My heart continues to go out to the remarkably strong people of Boston. We stand by you now and always. It saddens me that I haven’t been able to join my colleagues in covering this important story.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Camille Cosby Must Give Deposition in Bill Cosby's Sexual Assault Case ... with Limits
- Lamar Odom's First Public Appearance is Kanye’s 'Yeezy Season 3' Show
- Va. Parents Mad As Heck Over White Guilt Video About 'Unequal Opportunity'
- TrOyMan: Back Again with New EP & Single
- 'RACE' Kicks Off NBA All Star Weekend 2016 with Red Carpet Screening (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Camp Reacts to Kanye West Lyric, ‘I Made That B*tch Famous’
- Martin Shkreli Offers Kanye $10M for 'The Life of Pablo' Album
- The Film Strip: Katie Holmes Tackles Mental Illness in 'Touched by Fire’
- Trump Sticker Causes Heated Interaction Between St. John’s University Students
- Raven-Symoné Reacts to Getting Shoved Out of the Way For Kendall Jenner
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here