“Robin Roberts says she’ll be back on “Good Morning America” next week after suffering a health setback while on vacation in Florida.
The “GMA” co-host re-joined George Stephanopoulos in February after nearly six months off the air to battle to fight myelodysplastic syndrome, a rare bone marrow and blood disorder. She received a bone marrow transplant last September.
“Last week, in the middle of my Key West vacation, I began not to feel well. Nothing serious, just under the weather. I contacted my doctors and flew back to NYC. They felt it best to admit me into the hospital for a few days,” Roberts said Thursday in a post on Facebook.
“Seems my young immune system needed a little boost to fight off ‘opportunistic infections.’ My doctors assured me that this was NOT because I was working or doing too much, too soon. It’s extremely common, post bone marrow transplant, to have complications. I’m blessed that mine have not been severe. I’m feeling MUCH better, and will relax at home for the rest of the week. I’ll be back on GMA next week…as my sweet momma would say: ‘Good Lord willing, and the creek don’t rise!'”
Roberts, 52, also addressed her absence in the wake of the Boston Marathon bombings, writing: “My heart continues to go out to the remarkably strong people of Boston. We stand by you now and always. It saddens me that I haven’t been able to join my colleagues in covering this important story.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Cute as Heck: 10-Year Old Gets to 'Play Bass' With Paul McCartney (Watch)
- Monica Updates Fans On Marriage Status, Praises Husband
- Endangered Gorilla Killed After 4-Yr-Old Boy Enters Habitat (WATCH Dramatic Video)
- Keke Palmer Denies Joining 'The Real' - Tamar in Tears Over Firing (WATCH)
- 'Presenting Princess Shaw' Film Review + Trailer [WATCH]
- Motown Gospel Presents 1 Mic 1 Take [email protected] Studios
- Khloe Kardashian Doesn't Believe in Divorce, Still Getting One Anyway
- Ex-Cop Sues NYPD for $100M Over Abusive Boss & Former Lover
- 'Roots' Star Anika Noni Rose: 'We Need To Hear About Our Holocaust' [EUR Exclusive]
- Kelly Rowland Talks Beyonce, Being 'Psycho' Mom, Her Mother's Death (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here