*Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh called out a variety of media outlets on Tuesday for trying to “do to Dzhokhar [Tsarnaev] what they did to Trayvon Martin,” reports Mediaite.
He said that showing images of Tsarnaev at 14-years-old is an effort to humanize him and frame him as a “normal” or “mixed-up kid,” rather than an accused murder and terrorist.
‘The news media are doing to Dzhokhar what they did to Trayvon Martin,” Limbaugh said. “They’re regularly showing a photo of Dzhokhar that was taken when he was about 14. Soft, angelic, nice little boy. Harmless. Cute. Big, loveable eyes.”
“Not at all what he looks like today,” Limbaugh added. “The way, when we’re shown Osama bin Laden, it’s in his shepherd pose with his walking stick, walking through the mountains or whatever.”
Limbaugh said that the news media is actively attempting to frame Tsarnaev as an innocent child by repeatedly showing the image of him as a young teen. He played a montage of news and media personalities referring to Tsarnaev as a “normal” or “mixed-up kid” and expounding on the “hardship” he faced growing up in America as an immigrant.
“Totally normal kid,” Limbaugh noted. “Nothing to see here. Very sad, in fact. He’s got a tube down his throat.”
“Why do we do this?” he asked in exasperation. “Why do we take what we know is truth and reality and try to hide from it?”
After the break, Limbaugh asked if, given that Tsarnaev is merely a “kid,” shouldn’t that raise concerns about what other “kids” are able to do with improvised explosive devices?
Limbaugh added that Tsarnaev does not qualify as a kid, but the 8-year-old boy he killed at the Boston Marathon last week does.
Listen to the clip below via The Rush Limbaugh Show:
- EUR Q&A: Carl Pittman, Black Conservative, 'Offended' By Black Lives Matter
- Dennis Haysbert to Voice NBC’s ‘Meet the Press’ Intro
- 50 Cent On Verge of Getting Electricity Shut Off?
- Damon Wayans Reveals Tracy Morgan's Undisclosed Walmart Settlement; Morgan's Camp Puzzled
- The New Yorker Cover Depicts President Kanye West
- EUR Quickie: Shocking Photo! ... Can U Guess Who This is?
- Janet Jackson Releases Title Track from ‘Unbreakable’ (Listen)
- Criminal Charges Recommended for Camper Accused of Terrorizing Black Family
- Holy Crap! My House is On Fire...I'd Better Grab My Spareribs! (Video)
- Maya Angelou’s Art Collection Heading to Auction
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here