*“Scandal” fans are furious about ABC’s consistent inconsistency with the show.
If you haven’t noticed, the network has this strange pattern of airing new episodes and then putting the show on hiatus for a few weeks.
Recently, it was on a 3-week break, which meant reruns for a little while, driving die-hard fans crazy.
So, the lack of regularity inspired one fan to start a petition on Change.org to let the execs at ABC know the fans don’t appreciate their recent decisions.
T.R. Mason writes in the petition:
There are very few TV shows on prime time television written by, much less starring people of color. The broadcast networks have made great strides in recent years by diversifying the faces we see on prime time TV however there is more that can be done. Putting a show like Scandal on repeated hiatus is a surefire way to lose fans and viewers. Gladiators/Scandalistas/Scandalists everywhere have not gotten over our initial shock that there will be no Scandal AGAIN for 3 more weeks. Instead of whining and complaining, we are doing something about it! Shonda Rhimes is NOT the reason there’s another hiatus. It’s the TV execs at Disney/ABC Television Group. Let your voices and displeasure be heard by contacting Anne Sweeney, the President of ABC Entertainment […] Or send her a nice little profanity free email at [email protected]. Let her know how unhappy we all are and maybe, just maybe they’ll pick up enough episodes that we Gladiators won’t have to be on hiatus AGAIN against our will. So bombard ABC with your unhappiness by emailing, calling, faxing etc. Mount up Gladiators! Mount up!
So far, she’s won herself about 300 supporters.
And just for reference, Shonda Rhimes, creator of the hit show, made it clear that she has nothing to do with the random hiatus schedule.
“I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WHEN SHOWS AIR,” she tweeted. “I do not have anything to do with the fact that we are not on for 3 weeks #donttweetmeyourcrazy.”
The funny thing about this whole situation is that these types of patterns are actually common with other television series. It just so happens that “Scandal” fans are a little obsessive about getting their fix.
Check out more about the financial component to the madness at Shadow and Act.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Overcoming Dating Burnout: How to Thrive in the Deprived Dating Scene
- Daddy & Daughter Release Book for Brooklyn, NYC Tourists
- THE (07-01-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Nia Long on ‘Boyz n the Hood’ 25th Anniversary & Becoming an Oscar Voter (WATCH)
- Birdman: 'I Got A Million Dollars Under My Mattress'
- #DeyaDoesEssence! Meet Me in the Big Easy!
- Stacey Dash Filed for Bankruptcy in 2004, Had $7 in Bank Before Fiance’s Handouts
- Racist Woman to Reporter: ‘Get the F*ck Out of Here, You Stupid F*cking N*gger’ (WATCH)
- Damon Dash Explains Issue with BeyHive Harassing His Daughters
- Supermarkets: Please 'Assume' We Would 'Like a Bag' (Unless We Say Different)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here