*Sidra Smith is on top of the world after the recent success of her film, “Free Angela and All Political Prisoners,” which debuted at the Toronto Film Festival.
Now she’s working on the film’s national release set for April 5 this year.
Sidra, if you didn’t know by now, is the identical twin sister of Tasha Smith, the loud mouthed wife on Tyler Perry’s “For Better or Worse.”
Jada Pinkett Smith is also involved in the project as the executive producer.
The film is a part of Sidra’s plan to enlighten the youth about the heroism of iconic people like Angela Davis.
“Angela Davis is an important American hero and icon. She’s a living history lesson whose life is dramatic and compelling. It’s a film everyone needs to see.”
“Free Angela” will be released at AMC theaters in select markets on April 5, 2013.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Jennifer Lopez to Host & Perform the '2015 American Music Awards'
- Instagram Users Post Pics of Male North West Look-alikes
- Sanaa Lathan Lands 'Racially-Charged' Drama, Hannibal Buress Debuts Unaired Pilot
- GOP Gov Freezes Funds for Chicago’s 'Operation CeaseFire' As Homicides Rise
- The Film Strip: Joe Wright on Diversity and Rooney Mara on Being Clothed in 'PAN'
- 'Blue Lives Matter' Billboard Campaign Aims to Honor Cops ... And Distract From 'That Other One'
- Snoop Dogg, Birdman, Jermaine Dupri, Damon Dash to Star in BET Reality Series
- Three 6 Mafia Rapper Koopsta Knicca Dies of Stroke at 40
- Freshman, 18, Dies in Shooting at Texas Southern University; Obama Protested in Ore.
- Baltimore Mayor Compares Cop/Community Relations to Bad Marriage
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here