*Sidra Smith is on top of the world after the recent success of her film, “Free Angela and All Political Prisoners,” which debuted at the Toronto Film Festival.
Now she’s working on the film’s national release set for April 5 this year.
Sidra, if you didn’t know by now, is the identical twin sister of Tasha Smith, the loud mouthed wife on Tyler Perry’s “For Better or Worse.”
Jada Pinkett Smith is also involved in the project as the executive producer.
The film is a part of Sidra’s plan to enlighten the youth about the heroism of iconic people like Angela Davis.
“Angela Davis is an important American hero and icon. She’s a living history lesson whose life is dramatic and compelling. It’s a film everyone needs to see.”
“Free Angela” will be released at AMC theaters in select markets on April 5, 2013.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Zoo Director on Why Gorilla Was Killed and Not Tranquilized
- Activist Najee Ali Calling for Boycott of New 'Block Wars' App by The Game
- Disgraced Cop Daniel Hotlzclaw Denies Raping Poor Black Women
- First Listen: Half Mile Home's 'Thinking of Me'
- Big Boi Meme Comparing Mothers of Today & 70s Causes Black Twitter Outrage
- Eve Says She Had to 'Import' to Find Love
- Laverne Cox Responds to Her ‘Rocky Horror’ Reboot Critics
- Seniors Get In Formation for 'Lemonade,' Pittsburgh Police Resist
- Black Lives Matter Echoes the Evolution of Black Panther Party
- BLM Activist Charles Wade Charged With Pimping 17-Year-Old Girl
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here