*Sidra Smith is on top of the world after the recent success of her film, “Free Angela and All Political Prisoners,” which debuted at the Toronto Film Festival.
Now she’s working on the film’s national release set for April 5 this year.
Sidra, if you didn’t know by now, is the identical twin sister of Tasha Smith, the loud mouthed wife on Tyler Perry’s “For Better or Worse.”
Jada Pinkett Smith is also involved in the project as the executive producer.
The film is a part of Sidra’s plan to enlighten the youth about the heroism of iconic people like Angela Davis.
“Angela Davis is an important American hero and icon. She’s a living history lesson whose life is dramatic and compelling. It’s a film everyone needs to see.”
“Free Angela” will be released at AMC theaters in select markets on April 5, 2013.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- S. Epatha Merkerson: ‘I Won’t Even Read a Script with a Snake in it’
- 'Ice Age' Interview: 'Hit This...We're Done Anyways' - Wanda Sykes (WATCH)
- After UK’s ‘Brexit’ Vote, Texas Secessionists Call for ‘Texit’
- Mariah Carey to Receive Bravo’s 1st Ever ‘Giving Me Life Achievement Award’
- Parliament-Funkadelic Keyboardist Bernie Worrell Dies at 72
- Erykah Badu Directs Video for Robert Glasper Collabo ‘Maiysha (So Long)’ (Watch)
- TLC Begins Production on Tyler Perry's 'Too Close to Home'
- Deon Cole of ‘Black-ish’ Scores Standup Special on Comedy Central
- Bill Cosby Accuser Drops Defamation Lawsuit, But Still 'In Solidarity' With Alleged Victims
- Trolls Trying to Insult Steph Curry's 3-Year-Old Daughter Mistakenly Tweet Grown Man (See His Response)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here