*On the 4/20, Snoop Lion threw a weed smoking extravaganza, but rumors say the fling was shut down by the police.
The newly converted Rastafarian cleared the air during a chat with New York’s 92.3 NOW, saying the Snoop Lion 420 Festival was a hell of a party.
“The police tried to shut the party down,” Snoop said. “Then once I got there, we had a conversation with the police and they allowed the party to continue, because it was a holiday. It was an national holiday: 4/20. We all had our license and everybody was legit and the police went on, by the way. We had a great time.”
The event was held at a private residence, but was open to the public. Folks had to buy $10,000 tickets to participate, though.
As far as the police, it appeared as if officials were less concerned with the pot, rather than the overcrowding issue.
“My partner pulled him [the police chief] to the side,” Snoop said. “He was a great, great chief and he was willing to understand. [We said] ‘We just trying to party, chief. We could be doing a million other things. We [are] just trying to smoke and have a good time. You used to be like us, didn’t you, chief?’ And the chief was like, ‘You know what, slide me a couple of bleezies and I’ll let y’all have your party.’ So we did that.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Are Micro-credentials the Next Best Thing for a CV? (Infographic)
- Tamar Braxton Fired, BET Award Nominations, Madonna Prince Tribute and More! | BHL's This Week
- TV One Renews Docu-Series 'Rickey Smiley For Real'
- NBAer Richard Jefferson’s Reckless Spending Caused Loss of Millions: Ex-Manager
- Vivian Green Releases Music Video for 'Grown Folks Music'
- Black Greek Lesbians Hijack Traditions of Omega Psi Phi
- 'The Haves and The Have Nots' Return with a Bang [WATCH]
- 'One More Time' - New CD by Larry Buford
- Huh? Blac Chyna Flies First Class, Rob Kardashian Flies Coach
- Will Downing Drops 1st Full Length CD in Six Years 'Black Pearls'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here