*On the 4/20, Snoop Lion threw a weed smoking extravaganza, but rumors say the fling was shut down by the police.
The newly converted Rastafarian cleared the air during a chat with New York’s 92.3 NOW, saying the Snoop Lion 420 Festival was a hell of a party.
“The police tried to shut the party down,” Snoop said. “Then once I got there, we had a conversation with the police and they allowed the party to continue, because it was a holiday. It was an national holiday: 4/20. We all had our license and everybody was legit and the police went on, by the way. We had a great time.”
The event was held at a private residence, but was open to the public. Folks had to buy $10,000 tickets to participate, though.
As far as the police, it appeared as if officials were less concerned with the pot, rather than the overcrowding issue.
“My partner pulled him [the police chief] to the side,” Snoop said. “He was a great, great chief and he was willing to understand. [We said] ‘We just trying to party, chief. We could be doing a million other things. We [are] just trying to smoke and have a good time. You used to be like us, didn’t you, chief?’ And the chief was like, ‘You know what, slide me a couple of bleezies and I’ll let y’all have your party.’ So we did that.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Poet Pens Stunning Piece About Appropriating Black Slang (WATCH)
- Oprah's Not Worried About Flack From Church Folk
- Prince Entered Treatment Program for Hip Pain & Medication Use
- Kehoe Brothers to Direct R-rated Action-comedy for Tyler Perry
- WATCH President Obama Crack on Trump, Bernie and More at WHCD
- Ray and Janay Rice Announce they Are Expecting Baby Number 2
- Fox Gives First Look at Fierce Films for 2016
- Derrick Rose Rape Accuser Pleads Not to Have Identity Revealed
- A Poisonous Spider Down Under Bites a Man...Down Under!
- A Broke Pilar Sanders Pleads with Court to Continue Her Case
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here