*On the 4/20, Snoop Lion threw a weed smoking extravaganza, but rumors say the fling was shut down by the police.
The newly converted Rastafarian cleared the air during a chat with New York’s 92.3 NOW, saying the Snoop Lion 420 Festival was a hell of a party.
“The police tried to shut the party down,” Snoop said. “Then once I got there, we had a conversation with the police and they allowed the party to continue, because it was a holiday. It was an national holiday: 4/20. We all had our license and everybody was legit and the police went on, by the way. We had a great time.”
The event was held at a private residence, but was open to the public. Folks had to buy $10,000 tickets to participate, though.
As far as the police, it appeared as if officials were less concerned with the pot, rather than the overcrowding issue.
“My partner pulled him [the police chief] to the side,” Snoop said. “He was a great, great chief and he was willing to understand. [We said] ‘We just trying to party, chief. We could be doing a million other things. We [are] just trying to smoke and have a good time. You used to be like us, didn’t you, chief?’ And the chief was like, ‘You know what, slide me a couple of bleezies and I’ll let y’all have your party.’ So we did that.”
- Terrence Howard Tweets He's Still Attached to 3rd Wife Mira Pak
- 9-Yr-Old Ferguson Girl, Killed as She Did Homework, Remembered on Sunday
- Richard Pryor Biopic Officially Adds Oprah Winfrey and Eddie Murphy
- Kobe and Shaq Squash Years Long Beef on Podcast (LISTEN)
- ‘Compton’ Three-Peats at No. 1; ‘War Room’ Captures Faith-Based Crowd With $11 Mil Debut
- THE (08-31-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Kanye to Run for President, Revisits Taylor Swift Hijack (WATCH)
- Snoop Dogg Reinterpreted As European Noblemen [LOOK!]
- Watch: Today You Wouldn't Recognize the Little Boy from 'Katrina' (Hint: He's Now a Grown ... Woman!)
- The Soul of the U.S. Open: Serena Williams' Quest; Tournament Preview
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here