*Terrence Howard has played almost every role in the book, from a bad guy robbing folks and a heroic hustling pimp to a war colonel and humble South African leader. But his real passion is founded in science.
We all thought Terrence was a bit too quirky to be an actor (jk).
The actor says he has more to offer the world than being a character on the screen.
“I have greater things I can contribute to the world of science than an actor,” the 43-year-old told theGrio. “I had a conversation with Sidney Poitier. I asked him, ‘Why aren’t you going to do another movie?’ And he said, ‘I’m not going to do another impersonation of myself. I might have ten years left in my life, and I don’t want to waste it doing something I’ve already done before.’ If I can’t learn from a character, if I’m just going in and taking from a bag of tricks and choices for a character, I don’t want to do it. It’s pointless for me because I have to grow as a human being, and I don’t want the safe road.”
Science was his foundation as a child and he later pursued chemical engineering at Pratt Institute in New York. He actually holds a doctorate and recently started diamond growing venture. Believe it or not, he’s even filed for 23 patents over the past several years.
And did we mention he finished Albert Einstein‘s equation?
Terrence Howard. Scientist. Yeah, that’s pretty cool.
Check out more about his science adventures here at the TheGrio.com.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- John Legend and Chrissy Teigen Expecting their First Child
- Fearing Flight Risk, DA Wanted Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Autopsy Sealed
- Draya Michele Lands Role Opposite Marques Houston in ‘Will to Love’
- Newlyweds Michael Jai White and Gillian White Spotted in NYC (Snaps!)
- No Reality Show For Amber Rose & Black Chyna; Scarface Honored & Arrested
- Fla. Teens Who Died After Being Hypnotized By Former Principal, Remembered at 'Homecoming' (Watch)
- Twitter Rejects Rita Ora’s Dream ‘Lady Marmalade’ Remake With Iggy Azalea, Miley Cyrus & Charli XCX
- Report: Paris Jackson On Verge of Meltdown; Hasn’t Seen Mom in Over a Year
- Kardashian Friend Malika Haqq Apologizes for DUI Arrest
- Rihanna Opens Up About Experiencing Racism
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here