*Terrence Howard has played almost every role in the book, from a bad guy robbing folks and a heroic hustling pimp to a war colonel and humble South African leader. But his real passion is founded in science.
We all thought Terrence was a bit too quirky to be an actor (jk).
The actor says he has more to offer the world than being a character on the screen.
“I have greater things I can contribute to the world of science than an actor,” the 43-year-old told theGrio. “I had a conversation with Sidney Poitier. I asked him, ‘Why aren’t you going to do another movie?’ And he said, ‘I’m not going to do another impersonation of myself. I might have ten years left in my life, and I don’t want to waste it doing something I’ve already done before.’ If I can’t learn from a character, if I’m just going in and taking from a bag of tricks and choices for a character, I don’t want to do it. It’s pointless for me because I have to grow as a human being, and I don’t want the safe road.”
Science was his foundation as a child and he later pursued chemical engineering at Pratt Institute in New York. He actually holds a doctorate and recently started diamond growing venture. Believe it or not, he’s even filed for 23 patents over the past several years.
And did we mention he finished Albert Einstein‘s equation?
Terrence Howard. Scientist. Yeah, that’s pretty cool.
Check out more about his science adventures here at the TheGrio.com.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (07-01-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Nia Long on ‘Boyz n the Hood’ 25th Anniversary & Becoming an Oscar Voter (WATCH)
- Birdman: 'I Got A Million Dollars Under My Mattress'
- #DeyaDoesEssence! Meet Me in the Big Easy!
- Stacey Dash Filed for Bankruptcy in 2004, Had $7 in Bank Before Fiance’s Handouts
- Racist Woman to Reporter: ‘Get the F*ck Out of Here, You Stupid F*cking N*gger’ (WATCH)
- Damon Dash Explains Issue with BeyHive Harassing His Daughters
- Supermarkets: Please 'Assume' We Would 'Like a Bag' (Unless We Say Different)
- LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Paul, Wives 'Having 2 Much Fun on Vacay' (Watch)
- How Prince Ended Up on Mobb Deep's Track ‘Thou Shall Not Kill’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here