*Nick at Nite has given a 13-episode order to Tia Mowry-Hardrict’s comedy pilot “Instant Mom” (working title).
The series follows young party girl Stephanie (Mowry-Hardrict) who trades in cosmos for carpools when she marries an older man, Charlie (Michael Boatman), with three kids. Stephanie slowly grows into her role as a full-time stepmom while struggling to maintain some sense of her fun-loving, slightly irresponsible life. Sheryl Lee Ralph stars as Stephanie’s mother Maggie, and rounding out the cast are the three kids played by Sydney Park, Tylen Williams and Damarr Calhoun.
The network will premiere episodes of the multi-camera series on its new nighttime comedy block NickMom, marking the first scripted series for the time period. The episodes will then repeat on Nick at Nite.
“Instant Mom is the perfect addition to our NickMom nighttime comedy block designed to let moms unwind from the day and laugh at the often hilarious experiences of parenthood,” said Bronwen O’Keefe, SVP, NickMom. ”This show has a fantastic cast and at the center is Tia bringing all her warmth and talent to this funny and relatable character.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Eddie Murphy and Girlfriend Paige Butcher Welcome Baby Girl
- Khloé Kardashian Reportedly Boots Ex’s Daddy from his Home
- Michael Strahan Tells 'Extra' He's Not Listening to Rumors About Him
- Monica Forgives Shannon, Philly Pushers Approve of Steph Curry
- John McCain’s Son Rips Old Navy’s Racist Trolls With Wife Pics
- Jada Pinkett Smith Shares Personal Memories of Tupac’s Mom, Afeni Shakur
- Dwyane Wade Emotional After Learning He Was Prince’s Favorite Player
- A Legendary Night in Los Angeles with the Ojays' Eddie Levert
- Prince’s Half-Brother Alfred Says Sibling Trying to Get Him Declared Mentally Incompetent
- Family of Autistic Teen Mocked by 50 Cent Wants $1 Million (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here