*Nick at Nite has given a 13-episode order to Tia Mowry-Hardrict’s comedy pilot “Instant Mom” (working title).
The series follows young party girl Stephanie (Mowry-Hardrict) who trades in cosmos for carpools when she marries an older man, Charlie (Michael Boatman), with three kids. Stephanie slowly grows into her role as a full-time stepmom while struggling to maintain some sense of her fun-loving, slightly irresponsible life. Sheryl Lee Ralph stars as Stephanie’s mother Maggie, and rounding out the cast are the three kids played by Sydney Park, Tylen Williams and Damarr Calhoun.
The network will premiere episodes of the multi-camera series on its new nighttime comedy block NickMom, marking the first scripted series for the time period. The episodes will then repeat on Nick at Nite.
“Instant Mom is the perfect addition to our NickMom nighttime comedy block designed to let moms unwind from the day and laugh at the often hilarious experiences of parenthood,” said Bronwen O’Keefe, SVP, NickMom. ”This show has a fantastic cast and at the center is Tia bringing all her warmth and talent to this funny and relatable character.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Videos Show Armed White Men Threatening #BlackLivesMatter Minneapolis Activists (Watch)
- Arthur Ashe Items From Private Collector Headed to Auction
- Serena Williams Devastated Over Death of Dog Jackie (Video)
- Patti LaBelle Invites James Wright Chanel to Thanksgiving Dinner; Admits Video Increased Sales
- Report: Tyga Hooked Up With Same Porn Star as Charlie Sheen; Jenners in 'Meltdown Mode'
- MC Lyte: Fetty Wap is Hip Hop’s Most Feminist Rapper (Watch)
- Cynthia Robinson of Sly and the Family Stone Dies at 69
- Woman Admits She Was 'Angry at Life' When She Stabbed Stranger in Store to Death ... WTF?
- Mystery Surrounds South African Child in Chris Rock’s Family
- Suspect Arrested in Shooting of Five #BlackLivesMatter Protesters in Minneapolis
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here