*Nick at Nite has given a 13-episode order to Tia Mowry-Hardrict’s comedy pilot “Instant Mom” (working title).
The series follows young party girl Stephanie (Mowry-Hardrict) who trades in cosmos for carpools when she marries an older man, Charlie (Michael Boatman), with three kids. Stephanie slowly grows into her role as a full-time stepmom while struggling to maintain some sense of her fun-loving, slightly irresponsible life. Sheryl Lee Ralph stars as Stephanie’s mother Maggie, and rounding out the cast are the three kids played by Sydney Park, Tylen Williams and Damarr Calhoun.
The network will premiere episodes of the multi-camera series on its new nighttime comedy block NickMom, marking the first scripted series for the time period. The episodes will then repeat on Nick at Nite.
“Instant Mom is the perfect addition to our NickMom nighttime comedy block designed to let moms unwind from the day and laugh at the often hilarious experiences of parenthood,” said Bronwen O’Keefe, SVP, NickMom. ”This show has a fantastic cast and at the center is Tia bringing all her warmth and talent to this funny and relatable character.”
- Boy, 8, Youngest to Receive Successful Double Hand Transplant (Watch)
- Woman in China Pushes Child to Safety Before Falling to Her Death on Escalator (Video)
- Future Scores First No. 1 Album with ‘DS2’; Tyrese's 'Black Rose' No. 3
- Sherri Shepherd Returning to 'The View' as Contributor
- Drake Claps Back at Meek Mill in ‘Back to Back’ (Listen)
- Tyler Perry ‘Keeping the Peace' Between Houston, Brown Families
- WATCH: 'Mega Fest of the West' takes overs Long Beach with Celebs & Gospel Artists!
- Raven-Symone Says Caitlyn Jenner’s Moving ‘Too Fast, Too Soon’
- Mary J. Blige, Queen Latifah Join NBC’s ‘The Wiz Live!’
- Josh Smith Says Making $6.9 Million will be A Hardship for Him (VIDEO)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here