*Michelle Obama got a kick out of folks’ reaction to Justin Timberlake at her home today, where he will join other musicians for tonight’s White House concert celebrating the soul music of Memphis.
FLOTUS found herself having to calm down a bunch of invited middle and high school students from across the country when JT showed up for today’s workshop, “Soulsville, USA: The History of Memphis Soul,” in the State Dining Room.
“Oh, watching you all’s faces — priceless,” she said, according to a White House transcript. “Priceless. See, you never know what’s going to happen at the White House. Okay, let’s breathe. Come on. Everyone, let’s breathe, even the moms.”
The first lady spoke at length on the importance of the music of Memphis and gave Timberlake a shout-out for his work ethic.
The “Suit & Tie” singer, who had on neither, sported casual wear as he told attendees about “feeling linked” to the Memphis sound.
Timberlake will perform this evening with Mavis Staples, Ben Harper, Charlie Musselwhite, Sam Moore and Alabama Shakes at tonight’s 10th installment of the “In Performance at the White House” series. Stax icon Booker T. Jones is the musical director.
You can watch tonight’s concert live at 7 p.m. EST on WhiteHouse.gov — and PBS will air the event on April 16.
- Piano Man: Tyler Perry Buys Nat King Cole's Steinway for $150k
- Kimye Win Over $400K Settlement Against YouTube Co-Founder
- VH1 Orders Stevie J, Joseline Spin-Off; Season 2 of K. Michelle Confirmed
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here