*Michelle Obama got a kick out of folks’ reaction to Justin Timberlake at her home today, where he will join other musicians for tonight’s White House concert celebrating the soul music of Memphis.
FLOTUS found herself having to calm down a bunch of invited middle and high school students from across the country when JT showed up for today’s workshop, “Soulsville, USA: The History of Memphis Soul,” in the State Dining Room.
“Oh, watching you all’s faces — priceless,” she said, according to a White House transcript. “Priceless. See, you never know what’s going to happen at the White House. Okay, let’s breathe. Come on. Everyone, let’s breathe, even the moms.”
The first lady spoke at length on the importance of the music of Memphis and gave Timberlake a shout-out for his work ethic.
The “Suit & Tie” singer, who had on neither, sported casual wear as he told attendees about “feeling linked” to the Memphis sound.
Timberlake will perform this evening with Mavis Staples, Ben Harper, Charlie Musselwhite, Sam Moore and Alabama Shakes at tonight’s 10th installment of the “In Performance at the White House” series. Stax icon Booker T. Jones is the musical director.
You can watch tonight’s concert live at 7 p.m. EST on WhiteHouse.gov — and PBS will air the event on April 16.
- Teyonah Parris’ Hair Becomes Storyline for ‘Survivor’s Remorse’ Season 2
- Jay Z’s Roc Nation Sued for Wooing, Then, Deserting Boxer
- Nick Gordon Begs Permission to Attend Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral
- Bobbi Kristina’s Fam Feuding Over Planned Sweet 16-Themed Funeral?
- Wilson, Seahawks Agee to 4-Year, $87.5 Million Contract Extension
- Neechy Gospel: John P. Kee to Release New Project LEVEL NEXT
- Sophie Okonedo to Star in New BBC America Series ‘Undercover’
- Evan Ross, Ashlee Simpson Welcome Baby Girl
- Missy Elliott Reportedly Joins ‘The Voice’ Season 9 as a Mentor
- Dylann Roof Enters 33 ‘Not Guilty’ Pleas in Federal Court
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here