*Preachers’ wives society/reality television show on TLC, “Sisterhood” ain’t coming back, says AlwaysAList.com.
A source tells the site that “it absolutely won’t be back.”
The reality show was set in Atlanta and chronicled the lives of the wives of several less-than-prominent preachers. The five member cast included Domonique Scott, Tara Lewis, Ivy Couch, Christina Murray and DeLana Rutherford.
From the moment promotional clips of the show premiered online in fall 2012 it began receiving negative feedback from the Christian community.
The backlash from both churchgoers, faith leaders and gospel recording artists alike against “The Sisterhood” intensified after the show premiered on Jan. 1.
Despite the hoopla surrounding the show, the controversy didn’t create major interest as “The Sisterhood” only averaged a 0.6 rating – that’s 600,000 viewers weekly.
After eight episodes, the finale of aired on Feb. 12.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Kerry Washington Talks Pressures Black Women Face
- Cam Newton Stars in New Beats by Dre Ad Featuring Future (WATCH)
- Bronx is Latest Location for NYC 'Subway Slasher' (Lone Suspect is Red Haired Brotha')
- L.A. Reid Confesses to Wendy He Failed Whitney Houston (WATCH)
- NFL Great Jerry Rice is Driving for Lyft in San Francisco (WATCH)
- Stacey Dash Responds to Anthony Anderson Slamming Her at Image Awards
- Saturday Bets Evens Action Between Broncos and Panthers in 'Vegas
- Beyonce Drops 'Formation' A New Song & Video (Watch)
- Super Bowl 50 Halftime Show, GoFundMe Controversy, Toyota Upcharges Minorities & More! | BHL's This Week
- Anthony Michael Hobbs’ 'One Nation' Screening at Bonita Springs Int'l Film Fest Feb.13
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here