*Preachers’ wives society/reality television show on TLC, “Sisterhood” ain’t coming back, says AlwaysAList.com.
A source tells the site that “it absolutely won’t be back.”
The reality show was set in Atlanta and chronicled the lives of the wives of several less-than-prominent preachers. The five member cast included Domonique Scott, Tara Lewis, Ivy Couch, Christina Murray and DeLana Rutherford.
From the moment promotional clips of the show premiered online in fall 2012 it began receiving negative feedback from the Christian community.
The backlash from both churchgoers, faith leaders and gospel recording artists alike against “The Sisterhood” intensified after the show premiered on Jan. 1.
Despite the hoopla surrounding the show, the controversy didn’t create major interest as “The Sisterhood” only averaged a 0.6 rating – that’s 600,000 viewers weekly.
After eight episodes, the finale of aired on Feb. 12.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- RECAP: Empire (S2, Ep9) Sinned Against
- Jason Kidd Suspended for Slapping Ball Out of Ref’s Hand (Watch)
- Mariah Carey, Ex-Husband Nick Cannon Spend Thanksgiving Together
- Siri Gives Taraji P. Henson Attitude in New Apple Music Ad
- Provocative New Ebook Details Trump and the GOP’s Race Baiting History and the White House Race
- Put the 'Black' Back in 'Black Friday'
- Kerry Washington Gives Props to her Hubby: ‘The Real Gladiator’
- Look! Patti LaBelle and James Wright Chanel Together Eatin', Dancin & Singin' (VIDEO/PHOTOS)
- Thousands of Protesters Disrupt Black Friday in Chicago
- Toronto Raptors Milk ‘Hotline Bling’ During Drake Night (Video)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here