*People magazine’s World’s Most Beautiful issue is on sale April 26, with 35-year-old Danai Gurira of AMC’s “The Walking Dead” making the cut.
Here’s a sneak peek at her Q&A in the issue:
How you know her
The Iowa-born actress and playwright wields a mean sword as Michonne on AMC’s The Walking Dead.
Her hair evolution
“One day I had to wear a wig cap, and I said, ‘That kind of works.’ ” says Gurira, who sported an Afro in college. “As soon as I could, I cut it all off, and I haven’t looked back since.”
Feeling beautiful on-set
“Playing a zombie-apocalypse survivor is an un-glam job, but the makeup artists figure out how to pop your eyes and make your skin still look great without it showing.”
Her beauty must-haves
“A good pair of earrings and a lip gloss. I’m bald, so the earrings always make me feel like, ‘Okay, I’m popping.’ “
- Brittney Griner Rebounds with Beauty Named Lola
- Jill Scott On Bill Cosby, 'Being a Beloved Black Man Is Dangerous
- Ja Rule Ready to Show Different Side in MTV Family Docuseries 'Follow the Rules'
- REPORT: Congressman Chaka Fattah (Dem/PA) Indicted in Racketeering Case
- Ohio Cop Ray Tensing Indicted for Murder of Samuel DuBose (Video of Shooting)
- Nick Gordon Eyed for Prosecution; Spotted Wearing Bobbi Kristina’s Ring
- Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral to be Private
- Whoopi Defends Elisabeth Hasselbeck Against Racism Claims: 'She Never Asked Me to Pick Cotton' (Watch)
- Jaden Smith Drops Video for New Track ‘Scarface’ (Watch)
- Boy, 8, Youngest to Receive Successful Double Hand Transplant (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here