*People magazine’s World’s Most Beautiful issue is on sale April 26, with 35-year-old Danai Gurira of AMC’s “The Walking Dead” making the cut.
Here’s a sneak peek at her Q&A in the issue:
How you know her
The Iowa-born actress and playwright wields a mean sword as Michonne on AMC’s The Walking Dead.
Her hair evolution
“One day I had to wear a wig cap, and I said, ‘That kind of works.’ ” says Gurira, who sported an Afro in college. “As soon as I could, I cut it all off, and I haven’t looked back since.”
Feeling beautiful on-set
“Playing a zombie-apocalypse survivor is an un-glam job, but the makeup artists figure out how to pop your eyes and make your skin still look great without it showing.”
Her beauty must-haves
“A good pair of earrings and a lip gloss. I’m bald, so the earrings always make me feel like, ‘Okay, I’m popping.’ “
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Oh God: Johnny Depp Nails 'The Donald' in Funny or Die Video (Look!)
- Will Smith Calls Son Jayden 'Fearless' for Rockin' Women's Clothes
- Lakatriona Brunson: Florida’s First Female Head Football Coach
- Justice Dept. Sues City of Ferguson Over Pattern of Police Abuse
- Ruben Studdard, Fantasia Barrino Return to 'American Idol' This Week
- Kardashians Call Depiction in ‘People v. OJ’ Ep 2 ‘Ridiculous’
- Drama at ‘Fashion Police’ Between NeNe and Giuliana?
- Claudia Jordan, Jennifer Williams: Shots Fired Hours Before ‘The Next 15’ Premiere
- Ciara Cheered, Russell Wilson Booed at Knicks Game
- BET Names Brie Miranda Bryant SVP of Unscripted Programming
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here