*People magazine’s World’s Most Beautiful issue is on sale April 26, with 35-year-old Danai Gurira of AMC’s “The Walking Dead” making the cut.
Here’s a sneak peek at her Q&A in the issue:
How you know her
The Iowa-born actress and playwright wields a mean sword as Michonne on AMC’s The Walking Dead.
Her hair evolution
“One day I had to wear a wig cap, and I said, ‘That kind of works.’ ” says Gurira, who sported an Afro in college. “As soon as I could, I cut it all off, and I haven’t looked back since.”
Feeling beautiful on-set
“Playing a zombie-apocalypse survivor is an un-glam job, but the makeup artists figure out how to pop your eyes and make your skin still look great without it showing.”
Her beauty must-haves
“A good pair of earrings and a lip gloss. I’m bald, so the earrings always make me feel like, ‘Okay, I’m popping.’ “
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- OMG! Did Facebook CEO, Mark Zuckerberg, Really Respond to My Friendly 'Hello?'
- Wendy Raquel Robinson Pays Tribute to Iconic Artist Prince
- Kelly Rowland's New Music Series Has Her Missing Destiny’s Child
- Tyra Banks, Misty Copeland to Speak During Essence Experience
- Tyler Perry Talks Following His Own Path to Saving OWN
- John Singleton and Gary Owen Score BET Series Deals
- Opinion: Presidential Correspondence Dinner not a Place for the word 'Ni*ga'
- Wendell James Grand Marshall for Long Beach Pride Parade
- Prince Update: Family Gifted Big Bucks by George Lopez
- Latice Crawford Releases ‘Diary of a Church Girl’ May 20
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here