*Comic Tracy Morgan is firing back at women’s rights groups following fierce criticism of his shows in Australia and calls to boycott the rest of his tour Down Under.
The comedian suffered a mass walk-out during his performance in Melbourne on April 13, with fans and critics subsequently complaining about the overly sexual references and explicit content.
Women’s rights activists, including Melinda Tankard Reist, who runs female-focused campaign group Collective Shout, branded Morgan’s show sexist and called for fans to boycott the rest of his dates.
On Monday, Morgan took to the stage as planned for his first show at the Regal Theatre in Perth and stood his ground, telling the crowd: “All I’m trying to do is make people laugh… It’s fear. (Tankard Reist) doesn’t understand me… I love her anyway.”
According to Themusic.com.au, he then aimed a barb at his critics, adding, “Go home and blog some s**t ’cause you ain’t gettin’ any. I don’t give a f**k what you think.”
Morgan is due to perform a second show at the Perth venue on tonight.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- John Legend Records First-Ever Holiday Duet With the Stars [Listen]
- Porsha Williams, Cynthia Bailey 'RHOA' Fight, Time to Retire B-word?
- Vivica A. Fox Wants an 'Empire' Spinoff Based on Candace
- Report: Tom Joyner Being Forced Out of Own Radio Show; Russ Parr to Take Over
- 50 Cent Sitcom ‘My Friend 50’ Headed to Fox
- The Best of Black Twitter’s #PopeBars
- Mom of Ronald Johnson Wants Dashcam Video of Son's Killing Released (VIdeo)
- 'L&HHH's' Milan Christopher Denies Dating ‘Empire’s’ Jussie Smollett
- Anthony Anderson Inks Multi-Year Deal With NAACP Image Awards
- Business Owners Combine To Launch Innovative Approach to 'Buy Black' Movement
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here