*Comic Tracy Morgan is firing back at women’s rights groups following fierce criticism of his shows in Australia and calls to boycott the rest of his tour Down Under.
The comedian suffered a mass walk-out during his performance in Melbourne on April 13, with fans and critics subsequently complaining about the overly sexual references and explicit content.
Women’s rights activists, including Melinda Tankard Reist, who runs female-focused campaign group Collective Shout, branded Morgan’s show sexist and called for fans to boycott the rest of his dates.
On Monday, Morgan took to the stage as planned for his first show at the Regal Theatre in Perth and stood his ground, telling the crowd: “All I’m trying to do is make people laugh… It’s fear. (Tankard Reist) doesn’t understand me… I love her anyway.”
According to Themusic.com.au, he then aimed a barb at his critics, adding, “Go home and blog some s**t ’cause you ain’t gettin’ any. I don’t give a f**k what you think.”
Morgan is due to perform a second show at the Perth venue on tonight.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Comedian George Wallace: 'The Black But Equal Thing Don't Work for Us' [EUR EXCLUSIVE]
- Race and Cancer Survival: Blacks Less Likely to Survive (Writer Shares Personal Experience)
- Why Millions Would Join a Gorilla’s Lives Matter but Not Black Lives Matter
- Minor League Baseball Team to Honor Prince in Special 'Purple Game, Purple Game'
- Taraji P. Henson Among Honorees at Women in Film’s Crystal + Lucy Awards
- Dwayne Johnson to Play Action Hero Lead in ‘Doc Savage’
- Pres. Obama Edited to Sing Rihanna’s ‘Work’ (Watch)
- Rapper Troy Ave Pleads Not Guilty in T.I. Concert Shooting
- Jack Hanna Agrees '1,000 Percent' with Killing of Gorilla Harambe (Watch)
- Prince Sets Billboard 200 Record More Than a Month After Death
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here