*Long time TV preacher Pat Robertson has been a controversial figure since, anyone could remember.
He says some off the wall type of things, causing the network he continues to work for to clean up his mess. He doesn’t ever really apologize though. Probably because he’s surpassed the age of apology and feels he can say whatever he wants. Pat is old, old, old school.
In his latest crazy slew of statements, he told a married woman struggling to forgive her cheating husband to be happy she’s even married.
“Here’s the secret,” Robertson responded, “Stop talking about the cheating. He cheated on you. Well, he’s a man, okay.”
He continued, offering the following suggestions [via TheBlaze’s Dave Urbanski]:
- “Recognize, also, like it or not, males have a tendency to wander a little bit, and what you want to do is make a home so wonderful that he doesn’t want to wander.”
- Focus on why you married him in the first place.
- Does he provide food, shelter, clothing? Is he nice to the children and does he do things with them?
- “Is he handsome?”
- Fall in love with him all over again.
- Touch his face, hold his hand, look into his eyes.
- Don’t focus on what makes you mad, just the good stuff.
- Give him honor.
- Keep in mind that there’s a lot of pornography out there, to which men are enticed every day.
Watch it via the player below. Robertson’s comments come at approximately the 49:20 mark.
After Pat Robertson gave the controversial advice, which prompted an uproar, the Christian Broadcasting Network released a statement.
“As a first step in the process, Dr. Robertson stated that she should stop dwelling on the cheating. Next, he recommended that she remind herself of all the reasons she fell in love with him in the first place so that she might try to fall back in love with him all over again.”
“Lastly, his point was that everyone is human and there is much temptation outside of the home, so she should do whatever she can to strengthen their home and relationship. His intent was not to condone infidelity or to cast blame. We regret any misunderstanding,” the statement added.
- Hulk Hogan Wonders Why Obama Can Use N-Word and Not Him in Retweet
- Joe Jackson Alert, Feeling Good After Stroke, Heart Attacks
- Stan Sheppard: 'Why Do A&R Directors Positions Still Exist?'
- Dr. Rosie Milligan: It's Time for Black Leadership to Make Sense
- Aretha Franklin, Nina Simone and Others Portrayed in 'A Night With Janis Joplin'
- The Socialist's Journal: Derek Luke
- Bobby Brown Speaks On Bobbi Kristina’s Death
- Nappywood’s 3rd L.A. Natural Hair & Lifestyle Expo Attracts Stars
- THE (07-28-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- NYC Principal Commits Suicide After Found Cheating on Common Core Test, DOE Releases Statement (Video)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here