*Long time TV preacher Pat Robertson has been a controversial figure since, anyone could remember.
He says some off the wall type of things, causing the network he continues to work for to clean up his mess. He doesn’t ever really apologize though. Probably because he’s surpassed the age of apology and feels he can say whatever he wants. Pat is old, old, old school.
In his latest crazy slew of statements, he told a married woman struggling to forgive her cheating husband to be happy she’s even married.
“Here’s the secret,” Robertson responded, “Stop talking about the cheating. He cheated on you. Well, he’s a man, okay.”
He continued, offering the following suggestions [via TheBlaze’s Dave Urbanski]:
- “Recognize, also, like it or not, males have a tendency to wander a little bit, and what you want to do is make a home so wonderful that he doesn’t want to wander.”
- Focus on why you married him in the first place.
- Does he provide food, shelter, clothing? Is he nice to the children and does he do things with them?
- “Is he handsome?”
- Fall in love with him all over again.
- Touch his face, hold his hand, look into his eyes.
- Don’t focus on what makes you mad, just the good stuff.
- Give him honor.
- Keep in mind that there’s a lot of pornography out there, to which men are enticed every day.
Watch it via the player below. Robertson’s comments come at approximately the 49:20 mark.
After Pat Robertson gave the controversial advice, which prompted an uproar, the Christian Broadcasting Network released a statement.
“As a first step in the process, Dr. Robertson stated that she should stop dwelling on the cheating. Next, he recommended that she remind herself of all the reasons she fell in love with him in the first place so that she might try to fall back in love with him all over again.”
“Lastly, his point was that everyone is human and there is much temptation outside of the home, so she should do whatever she can to strengthen their home and relationship. His intent was not to condone infidelity or to cast blame. We regret any misunderstanding,” the statement added.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Beyonce’s Protégé Duo Chloe x Halle Premiere EP ‘Sugar Symphony’ (Listen)
- Rookie Cop Beats Handcuffed Woman & it's Caught on Camera! (WATCH)
- Prince Death Probe: Authorities Looking for 'Friendly' Docs who Prescribed Pills
- Karrine Steffans: ‘I Was One of Jay Z’s Beckys Back in 2000’
- Drake and Nicki Minaj No Longer Talk, but He Has ‘Genuine Energy’ With Rihanna
- Jonathan Butler's Inspired Journey Pt2: 'I Am That I Am' (WATCH)
- Parenting Blog ‘Mom Junction’ Lists ’85 Popular Ghetto Baby Names’ For Your Child
- Prince’s ‘Take Me With U’ Jacket from ‘Purple Rain’ Up for Auction
- Will & Jada Launch New Initiative Under Obama’s ‘My Brother’s Keeper’
- Duane and Tisha Campbell-Martin Ordered to Turn Over ‘Dr. Ken’ Paychecks
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here