*Long time TV preacher Pat Robertson has been a controversial figure since, anyone could remember.
He says some off the wall type of things, causing the network he continues to work for to clean up his mess. He doesn’t ever really apologize though. Probably because he’s surpassed the age of apology and feels he can say whatever he wants. Pat is old, old, old school.
In his latest crazy slew of statements, he told a married woman struggling to forgive her cheating husband to be happy she’s even married.
“Here’s the secret,” Robertson responded, “Stop talking about the cheating. He cheated on you. Well, he’s a man, okay.”
He continued, offering the following suggestions [via TheBlaze’s Dave Urbanski]:
- “Recognize, also, like it or not, males have a tendency to wander a little bit, and what you want to do is make a home so wonderful that he doesn’t want to wander.”
- Focus on why you married him in the first place.
- Does he provide food, shelter, clothing? Is he nice to the children and does he do things with them?
- “Is he handsome?”
- Fall in love with him all over again.
- Touch his face, hold his hand, look into his eyes.
- Don’t focus on what makes you mad, just the good stuff.
- Give him honor.
- Keep in mind that there’s a lot of pornography out there, to which men are enticed every day.
Watch it via the player below. Robertson’s comments come at approximately the 49:20 mark.
After Pat Robertson gave the controversial advice, which prompted an uproar, the Christian Broadcasting Network released a statement.
“As a first step in the process, Dr. Robertson stated that she should stop dwelling on the cheating. Next, he recommended that she remind herself of all the reasons she fell in love with him in the first place so that she might try to fall back in love with him all over again.”
“Lastly, his point was that everyone is human and there is much temptation outside of the home, so she should do whatever she can to strengthen their home and relationship. His intent was not to condone infidelity or to cast blame. We regret any misunderstanding,” the statement added.
- Kanye Babysits Kourtney's Kid After Bust-up with Scott Disick
- Cynthia Bailey Responds to NeNe Leaving RHOA
- Maybe We Can't Solve World Hunger...But We Can Put a Serious Dent in It By Doing This!
- George Takei Apologizes for Calling Clarence Thomas 'Clown in Blackface'
- ‘Empire’s’ Kaitlin Doubleday Looking Forward to Chris Rock, Alicia Keys
- Paula Deen Says She Didn't Post the Brownface Pic; Her Twitter Handler Did
- Rick Ross Released from Jail after Posting $2 Million Bail
- FSU’s De’Andre Johnson Says Woman Called Him N-Word Before he Hit Her (Report)
- Bobbi Kristina’s Hospice Room Filled with Whitney’s Music, Photos, Scented Candles (Report)
- Donovan McNabb Arrested on Suspicion of DUI - Again
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here