*Legendary diva, Aretha Franklin is not in the greatest of health lately.
The singer had to cancel two upcoming shows “due to her doctor’s recommendation for treatment, says an announcement on her Facebook page.
She was supposed to perform at Members of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra on May 20 to celebrate the 24th Annual Corporate Night. Instead, Janelle Monáe will take her spot.
Aretha was also supposed to perform at the Foxwoods Casino later this month, but it looks like she’ll be skipping out on that too.
The singer’s health has been compromised before. In 2010, she had to take a break from the stage.
In late 2010, she had to take a break from the stage to get treatment for a pain that she told “Access Hollywood” was “so hard it almost brought me to my knees.”
The illness she’s enduring now has not been specified to the public at this point.
- The Socialist's Journal: The Peril of Being Hillary Clinton
- Gunshots Damage 3 Luxury Cars At Studio Connected with Rick Ross
- THE (07-07-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- The New Trailer for Universal Pictures’ 'Steve Jobs' has Just Debuted Online [Watch]
- Jill Scott UNdefends Bill Cosby: She is Now 'Completely Disgusted'
- K. Michelle Pleads with Black Media to Leave Her Alone
- Kelly Rowland Joins 'Empire,' Talks Losing 50lbs of Baby Weight
- tWitch on Returning to ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ as a Mentor
- Wal-Mart's New 24-Hour Neighborhood Markets Pose a Scare for Trader Joe's and Others
- Bill Cosby Admitted in 2005 to Drugging Woman with Quaaludes (Report)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here