*Legendary diva, Aretha Franklin is not in the greatest of health lately.
The singer had to cancel two upcoming shows “due to her doctor’s recommendation for treatment, says an announcement on her Facebook page.
She was supposed to perform at Members of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra on May 20 to celebrate the 24th Annual Corporate Night. Instead, Janelle Monáe will take her spot.
Aretha was also supposed to perform at the Foxwoods Casino later this month, but it looks like she’ll be skipping out on that too.
The singer’s health has been compromised before. In 2010, she had to take a break from the stage.
In late 2010, she had to take a break from the stage to get treatment for a pain that she told “Access Hollywood” was “so hard it almost brought me to my knees.”
The illness she’s enduring now has not been specified to the public at this point.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Jaden Smith Flaunts New Tesla X, That's Not Even Available Yet
- Obama Informs Republicans He WILL Nominate Scalia's Replacement
- Hip-Hop Met Fats Waller in LA!
- Michael Jordan's Rep Responds to 'Crying Jordan' Memes
- Supreme Court Associate Justice Antonin Scalia Found Dead
- Steph, Ayesha & Michelle Have Fun with 'Banana' Song (WATCH)
- TV Review: The Black Panthers Van Guard of the Revolution
- Wendy Williams Blasts Ciara Over $15 Million Future Lawsuit
- Must See! Barack and Michelle's Valentine's Day Greetings to Each Other (WATCH)
- Black Stars Support Oscars At NAACP Image Awards (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here