*Legendary diva, Aretha Franklin is not in the greatest of health lately.
The singer had to cancel two upcoming shows “due to her doctor’s recommendation for treatment, says an announcement on her Facebook page.
She was supposed to perform at Members of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra on May 20 to celebrate the 24th Annual Corporate Night. Instead, Janelle Monáe will take her spot.
Aretha was also supposed to perform at the Foxwoods Casino later this month, but it looks like she’ll be skipping out on that too.
The singer’s health has been compromised before. In 2010, she had to take a break from the stage.
In late 2010, she had to take a break from the stage to get treatment for a pain that she told “Access Hollywood” was “so hard it almost brought me to my knees.”
The illness she’s enduring now has not been specified to the public at this point.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Wiz Khalifa Sued for $2 Million by Former Label
- TV Host Tomi Lahren Rips Jesse Williams, BET for ‘Race Baiting’ & 'Perpetuating War on Cops' (Watch)
- CNN’s Marc Lamont Hill to Host Late-Night Talk Show for VH1
- Essence Festival to Honor Prince With NOLA-Themed Tribute Closing Night
- Regina King, Idris Elba, Ice Cube among Flood of Black Talent Invited Into Academy (See List)
- Woman's Impromptu National Anthem Stops DC Tourists in their Tracks (Watch)
- Jessica Williams to Exit ‘The Daily Show’ for Own Comedy Central Pilot
- Why EJ Johnson Decided Against Transitioning: ‘I Thought About it For Sure’ (Watch)
- 'Ed Gordon': Bounce TV's First-Ever Primetime News Magazine Show to Debut Sept. 13
- Songs in the Key of Stevie Wonder and Imhotep Gary Byrd: Celebrating 50 Years of Friendship (EUR Exclusive)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here