*Legendary diva, Aretha Franklin is not in the greatest of health lately.
The singer had to cancel two upcoming shows “due to her doctor’s recommendation for treatment, says an announcement on her Facebook page.
She was supposed to perform at Members of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra on May 20 to celebrate the 24th Annual Corporate Night. Instead, Janelle Monáe will take her spot.
Aretha was also supposed to perform at the Foxwoods Casino later this month, but it looks like she’ll be skipping out on that too.
The singer’s health has been compromised before. In 2010, she had to take a break from the stage.
In late 2010, she had to take a break from the stage to get treatment for a pain that she told “Access Hollywood” was “so hard it almost brought me to my knees.”
The illness she’s enduring now has not been specified to the public at this point.
- THE (09-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Kim Coles' Fairytale Wedding Set to Air on WEtv
- Brooklyn Woman Accepts Meager $10K for Cops' Harassment Over Dead Husband
- Tomica Wright Talks Eazy-E's Legacy in Unreleased Documentary
- Reginald Hudlin, David Hill Tapped to Give 88th Oscars a Makeover
- Will Master P’s Ex-Wife Drama Be Included in Reality Show?
- Gov. Nikki Haley to #BlackLivesMatter: You Don’t Have to ‘Yell and Scream’ (Watch)
- Dwight Howard Brings Loaded Glock to Houston Airport, Avoids Arrest
- RGIII Gets Standing Ovation at Redskins Event
- Watch ‘Melville’, the SXSW Short Michael Strahan is Developing for TV
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here