*Legendary diva, Aretha Franklin is not in the greatest of health lately.
The singer had to cancel two upcoming shows “due to her doctor’s recommendation for treatment, says an announcement on her Facebook page.
She was supposed to perform at Members of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra on May 20 to celebrate the 24th Annual Corporate Night. Instead, Janelle Monáe will take her spot.
Aretha was also supposed to perform at the Foxwoods Casino later this month, but it looks like she’ll be skipping out on that too.
The singer’s health has been compromised before. In 2010, she had to take a break from the stage.
In late 2010, she had to take a break from the stage to get treatment for a pain that she told “Access Hollywood” was “so hard it almost brought me to my knees.”
The illness she’s enduring now has not been specified to the public at this point.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Kym Whitley: Inspiring Adoptive Parents While 'Building Memories' [EUR Exclusive]
- Must See! Tracee Ellis Ross Sings with Mom Diana in 'Vegas (WATCH)
- Watch: Mr. 'N*ggers Gotta Learn How to Read' Resigns Police Chief Gig (After Only One week!)
- NYC Cabbie: Roker Snub a ‘Misunderstanding’; Peele & Peretti Get Engaged
- Black Pastors Dispute Donald Trump’s Endorsement Claim for Meeting
- How the #BLM Movement Stays Alive & Effective Outside Spotlight
- THE (11-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 'Carol' Explores Lesbian Love in the 50s
- Uzo Aduba: 'Bigger, Higher and Braver,' Thanks to Queen Latifah
- Mystery Collector Buys Wu-Tang's Album for Millions / Usher's #Eggplant Confession
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here