*“American Idol” season 12 champ Candice Glover will perform at “The National Memorial Day Concert 2013,” broadcast live on PBS from the West Lawn of the U.S. Capitol on May 26 beginning at 8 p.m. ET.
The 90-minute program will be co-hosted for the eighth year by actors Joe Mantegna and Gary Sinise.
The evening will also feature Gen. Colin L. Powell USA (Ret.), the National Symphony Orchestra under the direction of top pops conductor Jack Everly, Ed Harris, Chris Mann, Katherine Jenkins and Alfie Boe.
Also taking part will be the Military District of Washington, U.S. Army Herald Trumpets, U.S. Army Chorus, The Soldiers’ Chorus of The United States Army Field Band, U.S. Navy Band Sea Chanters and U.S. Air Force Singing Sergeants.
The multi award-winning television event, according to PBS, has become an “American tradition, honoring the military service and sacrifice of all our men and women in uniform, their families at home, and those who have made the ultimate sacrifice for our country.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Taraji P. Posts IG Response to Rumors of Beef with Terrence Howard (WATCH)
- EURweb on the Scene: 3rd Annual Ocktober Film Festival
- Derek Fisher Addresses Alleged Fight With Matt Barnes
- Man's 20-Year-Old Girlfriend Kicked His Baby to Death (Video)
- Kanye Claims He's Discriminated Against Because He's Not Gay
- The Game Stops by SKEE TV; Discusses #Documentary2 & Disses Young Thug (WATCH)
- Ben Carson Remembers Being Held at Gunpoint While in Popeye’s
- It’s ‘Very Difficult’ for Black Staffers at Fox News - Former NABJ President
- Tracy 'T-Mac' McGrady Launches Mobile HBCU Fundraising Campaign
- Wendy Williams Joins 'Salute Her' Honorees To Kick Off Circle of Sisters Weekend
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here