*“American Idol” season 12 champ Candice Glover will perform at “The National Memorial Day Concert 2013,” broadcast live on PBS from the West Lawn of the U.S. Capitol on May 26 beginning at 8 p.m. ET.
The 90-minute program will be co-hosted for the eighth year by actors Joe Mantegna and Gary Sinise.
The evening will also feature Gen. Colin L. Powell USA (Ret.), the National Symphony Orchestra under the direction of top pops conductor Jack Everly, Ed Harris, Chris Mann, Katherine Jenkins and Alfie Boe.
Also taking part will be the Military District of Washington, U.S. Army Herald Trumpets, U.S. Army Chorus, The Soldiers’ Chorus of The United States Army Field Band, U.S. Navy Band Sea Chanters and U.S. Air Force Singing Sergeants.
The multi award-winning television event, according to PBS, has become an “American tradition, honoring the military service and sacrifice of all our men and women in uniform, their families at home, and those who have made the ultimate sacrifice for our country.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- HUD to Sue Landlords if They Deny Housing Over Criminal Records
- Wendy Williams, Steve Harvey, 'The Real' Score Emmy Nominations
- Fetty Wap Sends 'Wake Up' Message to Graduates
- John Wayne's Racist Comments Kill Official Recognition in California Assembly
- Dr. Phil Talks Prince, Nick Gordon & Prescription Drug Epidemic (WATCH)
- THE (04-29-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Beyoncé Partners with Amex & Uber for 'Formation' Fan Experience
- Prince Family Money Fight! Sister Tyka Storms Out of Meeting
- Six Year Old Starved by Parents Forced to Eat Hot Dog Smoothies (Video)
- Master P's Ex Has 'Stripper' Goals - Meet Ayesha Curry's Alter Ego
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here