*“American Idol” season 12 champ Candice Glover will perform at “The National Memorial Day Concert 2013,” broadcast live on PBS from the West Lawn of the U.S. Capitol on May 26 beginning at 8 p.m. ET.
The 90-minute program will be co-hosted for the eighth year by actors Joe Mantegna and Gary Sinise.
The evening will also feature Gen. Colin L. Powell USA (Ret.), the National Symphony Orchestra under the direction of top pops conductor Jack Everly, Ed Harris, Chris Mann, Katherine Jenkins and Alfie Boe.
Also taking part will be the Military District of Washington, U.S. Army Herald Trumpets, U.S. Army Chorus, The Soldiers’ Chorus of The United States Army Field Band, U.S. Navy Band Sea Chanters and U.S. Air Force Singing Sergeants.
The multi award-winning television event, according to PBS, has become an “American tradition, honoring the military service and sacrifice of all our men and women in uniform, their families at home, and those who have made the ultimate sacrifice for our country.”
- Byron Jackson Brings 'DeSean Jackson: Home Team' to BET (WATCH)
- Diddy May Catch Break in UCLA Case, but Could Lose Liquor License
- Ava DuVernay References 'Black Panther' in Support of Bree Newsome
- S.C. Legislature Has Votes to Remove Confederate Flag; KKK to Rally at Statehouse
- NBC Wants Minority Host to Replace Trump on ‘Celebrity Apprentice’?
- Seahawks WR Doug Baldwin Goes Viral with Anti-Confederate Flag Post
- Report: Tyga Fails to Pay 50K Offered to Squash Underage Sexual Battery Lawsuit
- Lee Daniels Signs Overall Deal with 20th Century Fox TV
- Brittney Griner’s Ex Glory Johnson Reveals She’s Having Twins
- NBC Fires Donald Trump Over Racist Comments
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here