*“American Idol” season 12 champ Candice Glover will perform at “The National Memorial Day Concert 2013,” broadcast live on PBS from the West Lawn of the U.S. Capitol on May 26 beginning at 8 p.m. ET.
The 90-minute program will be co-hosted for the eighth year by actors Joe Mantegna and Gary Sinise.
The evening will also feature Gen. Colin L. Powell USA (Ret.), the National Symphony Orchestra under the direction of top pops conductor Jack Everly, Ed Harris, Chris Mann, Katherine Jenkins and Alfie Boe.
Also taking part will be the Military District of Washington, U.S. Army Herald Trumpets, U.S. Army Chorus, The Soldiers’ Chorus of The United States Army Field Band, U.S. Navy Band Sea Chanters and U.S. Air Force Singing Sergeants.
The multi award-winning television event, according to PBS, has become an “American tradition, honoring the military service and sacrifice of all our men and women in uniform, their families at home, and those who have made the ultimate sacrifice for our country.”
- Teddy Pendergrass, Angie Stone Team For Posthumous ‘Love TKO’ Duet (LISTEN)
- Is the Media Still on that 'Make Black People Look Bad' Thing?
- THE (08-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Bobby Shmurda, Girlfriend Plead Not Guilty to New Weapons Charges
- After Five Seasons, ‘Key & Peele’ Ending Comedy Central Run
- Neo-Soul Duo Presents Annual ‘Kindred the Family Reunion’ in Philly
- Amber Rose Reacts to Trolls Who Criticize 'Slut Walk' Initiative
- Neechy Gospel: New Music Video From Jonathan McReynolds LIMP
- Birdman Finally Speaks About Fallout with Lil Wayne (WATCH)
- Presidential Candidates Stymied by Black Lives Matter Movement
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here