*Cee Lo Green is heading back to TV as the star of his own reality series.
The singer and former coach on NBC’s “The Voice” will headline his own unscripted program for TBS called “The Cee Lo Life,” scheduled to air next year.
The six-episode series will feature Green as he strives to balance his recording and producing commitments, all while planning a comeback with his former hip-hop group Goodie Mob.
TBS executive Michael Wright tells The Hollywood Reporter, “With his distinctive voice, winning personality and remarkable ability to tap into a wide range of musical styles, Cee Lo Green has risen to the top of the music industry.
“This new TBS series will give viewers the chance to get to know Cee Lo Green, who is without a doubt one of the hardest working men in show business. ‘The Cee Lo Life’ is certain to be a smart, fun and funny journey packed with a lot of great music.”
Green was one of the original mentors on “The Voice” but sat out season four to concentrate on his music career and Las Vegas residency. He was replaced by Usher, but has vowed to take back his spinning chair for the series’ next season.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Gabby Douglas Hits The Gym For More Than 30 Hours Each Week
- Three White Athletes Charged with Alleged Rape of Black, Disabled Teammate
- Ahmad Rashad Gets Married For Fifth Time
- Mary J. Blige Joins Jason Mitchell in Dee Rees Film ‘Mudbound’
- 2 Cops in Freddie Gray Case File Defamation Suit Against Marilyn Mosby
- Report: Whoopi Goldberg Signs $2.5M, 1-Yr Deal With ‘The View’
- Spike Lee’s ESPN Mini Docs ‘Lil’ Joints’ Return on 5/31 (View Titles and Schedule)
- Lifetime to Air Uzo Aduba, Cicely Tyson Film ‘Showing Roots’ on Sat, May 26 (Trailer)
- ‘Empire’ Finishes No 1 in Black Households, Social Media and Other Key Demos
- Therez Fleetwood's 'Men and Intimacy: Real Talk... Real Answers' Reveals Answers to What Men Want
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here