*Cee Lo Green is heading back to TV as the star of his own reality series.
The singer and former coach on NBC’s “The Voice” will headline his own unscripted program for TBS called “The Cee Lo Life,” scheduled to air next year.
The six-episode series will feature Green as he strives to balance his recording and producing commitments, all while planning a comeback with his former hip-hop group Goodie Mob.
TBS executive Michael Wright tells The Hollywood Reporter, “With his distinctive voice, winning personality and remarkable ability to tap into a wide range of musical styles, Cee Lo Green has risen to the top of the music industry.
“This new TBS series will give viewers the chance to get to know Cee Lo Green, who is without a doubt one of the hardest working men in show business. ‘The Cee Lo Life’ is certain to be a smart, fun and funny journey packed with a lot of great music.”
Green was one of the original mentors on “The Voice” but sat out season four to concentrate on his music career and Las Vegas residency. He was replaced by Usher, but has vowed to take back his spinning chair for the series’ next season.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Chris Bosh & Rasheeda Appear on Tonight's 'ROSEWOOD' on FOX (Video)
- BHERC Presents 'Reel Black Men' Short Film Festival on October 24
- Lil Wayne Says Birdman Stiffed Drake, Nicki Minaj Out of Money
- Cosmo Blasted for Declaring Kardashians 'America's First Family'
- TV One to Re-Air Original ‘Roots’; Louis Gossett Jr. Reminisces: ‘We Stopped the World’
- Parents of Bullied Boy Who Committed Suicide, Sue Florida School District
- Debbi Morgan to Play Toni Braxton’s Mom Evelyn in Lifetime Biopic; Full Cast Announced
- Wanda Sykes Cast in ABC's ‘Black-ish’, Showtime's 'House of Lies'
- Gabrielle Union to Star in ‘A Meyers Christmas’ for Universal
- Matt Barnes Still Swears He Had Something With Rihanna: ‘I’m Too Grown to Lie’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here