“I never told these people they could use my name for this,” Charles Ramsey said in a written statement released through attorney, Patricia Walker.
Ramsey, the man who helped rescue three women held captive in a Cleveland house said Friday that he’s not endorsing a group of restaurants that are offering him free burgers for life and wants his name kept out of it.
The restaurant where Ramsey worked as a dishwasher initially created a special burger named his honor, called the Ramsey Burger. Then more than a dozen area eateries had decided a larger tribute was due.
Ramsey said he doesn’t endorse the northeast Ohio restaurants that are offering burgers bearing the Ramsey name, or that are promoting a lifetime of free burgers for him.
The owner of the restaurant group said in a statement Friday evening that it will drop the burger from the menu, The (Cleveland) Plain Dealer reported.
“We are saddened to hear that Chuck did not take this – or the offer of so many Cleveland restaurants to give him free meals – in the spirit we intended,” Scott Kuhn of the Driftwood Restaurant Group said in a statement, the newspaper reported.
Ramsey was called a hero after helping Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight break out of the house May 6. Homeowner Ariel Castro faces charges. His defense team has said he will plead not guilty.
Read the rest of this report at NewsOne.
- 'Silly' is How Ben Carson Sees the ‘Black Lives Matter’ Movement
- Chicago Man Wrongly Imprisoned for 17 Years, Shot Dead at Home (WATCH)
- Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Funeral Filled with Family, Music and Spirituality
- Teddy Pendergrass, Angie Stone Team For Posthumous ‘Love TKO’ Duet (LISTEN)
- Is the Media Still on that 'Make Black People Look Bad' Thing?
- THE (08-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Bobby Shmurda, Girlfriend Plead Not Guilty to New Weapons Charges
- After Five Seasons, ‘Key & Peele’ Ending Comedy Central Run
- Neo-Soul Duo Presents Annual ‘Kindred the Family Reunion’ in Philly
- Amber Rose Reacts to Trolls Who Criticize 'Slut Walk' Initiative
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here