Such is the case with Charles “Uncle Charlie” Ramsey. It seems the folks over at The Smoking Gun – whose mission is to dig for dirt – went digging and discovered that Ramsey has a history of domestic abuse in his past.
And since it was bound to come up, it’s best to deal with now At any rate, the man who is being called an Internet sensation is apparently a “repeat domestic abuser.”
(Why is this important? And does it diminish the fact that he helped these women?)
Here’s the story: He was first charged with domestic violence in 1997. While he pleaded no contest, was found guilty, and awaited sentencing, was arrested for domestic violence again.
Ramsey ended up serving six months in jail and was placed on five years probation.
After being released from jail, he violated the terms of his probation.
But that’s in the past. And maybe he’s learned his lesson.
Bottom line is, he rescued the women after hearing screams from his neighbor’s home. Ironically however, Ramsey told reporters, “I figured it’s a domestic violence dispute.”
Get more of this story at The Smoking Gun.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Jennifer Lopez to Host & Perform the '2015 American Music Awards'
- Instagram Users Post Pics of Male North West Look-alikes
- Sanaa Lathan Lands 'Racially-Charged' Drama, Hannibal Buress Debuts Unaired Pilot
- GOP Gov Freezes Funds for Chicago’s 'Operation CeaseFire' As Homicides Rise
- The Film Strip: Joe Wright on Diversity and Rooney Mara on Being Clothed in 'PAN'
- 'Blue Lives Matter' Billboard Campaign Aims to Honor Cops ... And Distract From 'That Other One'
- Snoop Dogg, Birdman, Jermaine Dupri, Damon Dash to Star in BET Reality Series
- Three 6 Mafia Rapper Koopsta Knicca Dies of Stroke at 40
- Freshman, 18, Dies in Shooting at Texas Southern University; Obama Protested in Ore.
- Baltimore Mayor Compares Cop/Community Relations to Bad Marriage
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here