Such is the case with Charles “Uncle Charlie” Ramsey. It seems the folks over at The Smoking Gun – whose mission is to dig for dirt – went digging and discovered that Ramsey has a history of domestic abuse in his past.
And since it was bound to come up, it’s best to deal with now At any rate, the man who is being called an Internet sensation is apparently a “repeat domestic abuser.”
(Why is this important? And does it diminish the fact that he helped these women?)
Here’s the story: He was first charged with domestic violence in 1997. While he pleaded no contest, was found guilty, and awaited sentencing, was arrested for domestic violence again.
Ramsey ended up serving six months in jail and was placed on five years probation.
After being released from jail, he violated the terms of his probation.
But that’s in the past. And maybe he’s learned his lesson.
Bottom line is, he rescued the women after hearing screams from his neighbor’s home. Ironically however, Ramsey told reporters, “I figured it’s a domestic violence dispute.”
Get more of this story at The Smoking Gun.
- Kimye Win Over $400K Settlement Against YouTube Co-Founder
- VH1 Orders Stevie J, Joseline Spin-Off; Season 2 of K. Michelle Confirmed
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Tamar Braxton: ‘Ariana Grande Can Sing Her Face Off,’ But She Ain’t No Mariah
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here