Such is the case with Charles “Uncle Charlie” Ramsey. It seems the folks over at The Smoking Gun – whose mission is to dig for dirt – went digging and discovered that Ramsey has a history of domestic abuse in his past.
And since it was bound to come up, it’s best to deal with now At any rate, the man who is being called an Internet sensation is apparently a “repeat domestic abuser.”
(Why is this important? And does it diminish the fact that he helped these women?)
Here’s the story: He was first charged with domestic violence in 1997. While he pleaded no contest, was found guilty, and awaited sentencing, was arrested for domestic violence again.
Ramsey ended up serving six months in jail and was placed on five years probation.
After being released from jail, he violated the terms of his probation.
But that’s in the past. And maybe he’s learned his lesson.
Bottom line is, he rescued the women after hearing screams from his neighbor’s home. Ironically however, Ramsey told reporters, “I figured it’s a domestic violence dispute.”
Get more of this story at The Smoking Gun.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Supermarkets: Please 'Assume' We Would 'Like a Bag' (Unless We Say Different)
- LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Paul, Wives 'Having 2 Much Fun on Vacay' (Watch)
- How Prince Ended Up on Mobb Deep's Track ‘Thou Shall Not Kill’
- OWN Sets Two-Night Premiere for Ava DuVernay Series ‘Queen Sugar’ (Watch Sneak Peek)
- Watch Rihanna's New 'Sledgehammer' Video inspired by 'Star Trek Beyond!'
- Stacey Dash Calls Jesse Williams a ‘Hollywood Plantation Slave’
- No, Pres. Obama Is NOT Giving $1000 to Everyone on Food Stamps
- UConn Revokes Bill Cosby’s Honorary Degree for Conduct 'Incongruent' With Their Values
- Questlove Joins New York Public Radio’s Board of Trustees
- Kevin Hart Scouting Talent for His ‘Laugh Out Loud’ On-Demand Channel
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here