*Country music artist Darius Rucker is in the headlines after responding to a racist comment made towards him on Twitter.
After Rucker covered Bob Dylan’s “Wagon Wheel” at the Grand Ole Opry on Sunday, former Twitter user PQKullman tweeted, “@dariusrucker Leave country to the white folk.”
Rucker immediately retweeted the comment adding, “WOW. Is this 2013 or 1913?” and “Ill [sic] take my grand ole Opry membership and leave your racism. Wow.”
When asked by fans why he was even bothering to respond to racists tweets, the former Hootie and the Blowfish frontman said, “So the world can see them.”
Following the exchange, the PQKullman Twitter handle was deleted, but it has since been reopened, ostensibly by a different user, with the profile reading, “This previously racist profile has been re-registered to promote good things & not hatred. I am not the original one who made a racist comment to [sic] Dairus Rucker.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Toni Braxton Confirms 'Love, Marriage & Divorce Part 2' with Babyface
- Jaden Smith Flaunts New Tesla X, That's Not Even Available Yet
- Obama Informs Republicans He WILL Nominate Scalia's Replacement
- Hip-Hop Met Fats Waller in LA!
- Michael Jordan's Rep Responds to 'Crying Jordan' Memes
- Supreme Court Associate Justice Antonin Scalia Found Dead
- Steph, Ayesha & Michelle Have Fun with 'Banana' Song (WATCH)
- TV Review: The Black Panthers Van Guard of the Revolution
- Wendy Williams Blasts Ciara Over $15 Million Future Lawsuit
- Must See! Barack and Michelle's Valentine's Day Greetings to Each Other (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here