*For the past several weeks, viewers of shows on FX have been hit with strange scenes doubling as teasers for the network’s upcoming drama, “The Bridge,” a crime thriller set along the dangerous US-Mexico border.
The show follows two detectives – American Sonya Cross (Diane Kruger) from El Paso PD, and Mexican Marco Ruiz (Oscar nominee Demian Bichir) from Chihuahua State Police – as they work to catch a serial killer operating on both sides of the border. The killer’s latest victim, an American judge known for her anti-immigration views, is found dead on the bridge connecting El Paso and Juarez.
Aside from solving the murders, the detectives must also deal with each other’s personal issues. Marco is one of the last good men in a department slowly yielding to demands of the Mexican cartel, but takes a “by any means necessary” approach to his crime solving. This doesn’t sit well with Sony, who has Asperger’s Syndrome and is a stickler for rules and protocol.
“It’s definitely entertaining,” said Kruger during a press conference for the show. “But it also tackles some – not just problems, but things that are very much in the newspapers right now. What is also very interesting is that it is about the meeting between two very different cultural backgrounds and how they can take away from each other something that is other than just having a working relationship.”
It’s this aspect, says Kruger, that will separate “The Bridge” from every other cop show on television. Listen below.
“The Bridge” will debut on Wednesday, July 10 at 10 PM ET/PT on FX.
The 13-episode first season airs Wednesdays at 10 p.m. Watch a trailer below.
- Problem? Teen Vogue Uses Fair Models for African Braids Feature
- Bobby Seale, Black Panther Professor, Gives History Lesson to D'Angelo (Watch)
- Nick Gordon's Defense in Bobbi Kristina Case: Drugs Responsible
- Man Breaks Down After Recognizing Judge As Former Classmate (WATCH)
- Patty Farmer's 'Playboy Swings' Releases in September
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here