*For the past several weeks, viewers of shows on FX have been hit with strange scenes doubling as teasers for the network’s upcoming drama, “The Bridge,” a crime thriller set along the dangerous US-Mexico border.
The show follows two detectives – American Sonya Cross (Diane Kruger) from El Paso PD, and Mexican Marco Ruiz (Oscar nominee Demian Bichir) from Chihuahua State Police – as they work to catch a serial killer operating on both sides of the border. The killer’s latest victim, an American judge known for her anti-immigration views, is found dead on the bridge connecting El Paso and Juarez.
Aside from solving the murders, the detectives must also deal with each other’s personal issues. Marco is one of the last good men in a department slowly yielding to demands of the Mexican cartel, but takes a “by any means necessary” approach to his crime solving. This doesn’t sit well with Sony, who has Asperger’s Syndrome and is a stickler for rules and protocol.
“It’s definitely entertaining,” said Kruger during a press conference for the show. “But it also tackles some – not just problems, but things that are very much in the newspapers right now. What is also very interesting is that it is about the meeting between two very different cultural backgrounds and how they can take away from each other something that is other than just having a working relationship.”
It’s this aspect, says Kruger, that will separate “The Bridge” from every other cop show on television. Listen below.
“The Bridge” will debut on Wednesday, July 10 at 10 PM ET/PT on FX.
The 13-episode first season airs Wednesdays at 10 p.m. Watch a trailer below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Will Smith Planning Political Run 'In The Near Future'
- Angie Stone Recalls the Time She Passed on Dating Idris Elba
- 3 Things to Do NOW to Transform Your Life (WATCH)
- The Kobie Chronicles: 'Red, White & Baltimore' Premiere As Freddie Gray Trials Commence
- Lamar Odom's Lucky Break: Prosecution for Cocaine Possession Unlikely
- Why?! Well Known Black Ministers Set to Meet With Trump
- Movie Watch: Big Weekend for Creed, The Good Dinosaur, Victor Frankenstein
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Walt Disney’s 'The Good Dinosaur' is a Story of a Bond of Two Unlikely Friends
- Naughty by Nature Hitting the Road to Celebrate 25th Anniversary
- EURweb Covers the 'Creed' Movie Premiere (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here