*It was just a few months ago it seems that First Lady Michelle Obama‘s bangs were all the rage.
To be honest, and for the record, there was a chorus of folks who just weren’t feeling them, designer Karl Lagerfeld among them.
She said the look was in response to her “mid-life crisis,” noting that she’s less than a year away from turning 50.
“This is my midlife crisis, the bangs. I couldn’t get a sports car,” jpokingly she told TV host Rachel Ray. “They won’t let me bungee-jump. So instead, I cut my bangs.”
If you recall, Mrs. Obama revealed the new hairdo a few days before the inauguration on her 49th birthday, in a tweet.
Well, that was then. This is now and without much fanfare, FLOTUS has apparently said adios to the look.
The Hill reports that Obama sported a new look during her commencement address at Bowie State University Friday:
Her bangs … were grown out and parted to the side with her hair slightly longer, touching her shoulders.
We should have seen it coming. She told “Entertainment Tonight” in April that she found bangs “irritating” and called them “a day-to-day proposition.” An ABC News fashion blogger reported that daughter Malia “was caught on camera trying to fix her mother’s hair” early that month.
Photos through March and April revealed the bangs growing longer and thicker as pundits speculated on their future; did this mean the first lady was growing them out? When I saw her give a speech on affordable healthy food at a Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market Feb. 28, the bangs looked like they could have used a trim.
Read/learn more at Washington Post.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Carmen Electra on Prince’s Death: ‘I Just Hope People Understand What Pain Is’ (Watch)
- VH1’s ‘Hip Hop Honors’ Returning to Salute the Ladies
- ‘The Real’s’ Adrienne Bailon Calls Tamar Braxton ‘My Sister Forever’
- The Journal of Steffanie Rivers: You Don't Know What You Don't Know
- The Socialist's Journal: Blake Lively
- Dr. Kenneth C. Ulmer and David Sigel Announce TUI
- 'It Got Better': Raven Symone Talks Sexuality & Coming Out (WATCH)
- THE (05-24-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Oscar Generale & Denny Mendez Shopping for Baby Clothes?
- Lynn Whitfield Dishes on Her Dramatic Face Off With Oprah! (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here