*Legendary emcees, The Furious 5 are about to blow your mind as they return to the Hip Hop scene with two shows, at New York City’s famed B.B. King’s Club on Saturday, July 6, 2013 and Washington, DC’s famed Howard Theater on Friday, July 5, 2013.
The shows will serve as a 35th anniversary event.
Formed in the Boogie Down Bronx as Grandmaster Flash and The Furious 5, four of the original emcees (group member Cowboy passed away in 1989) will hit the stage and remind the audience of the reasons why they’re in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, have won Grammy Awards, have a song (“The Message”) in the Smithsonian Institute and in the archives of the Library of Congress, among their plethora of groundbreaking achievements.
The Glover siblings, better known as The Kidd Creole and Mele Mel, along with Rahiem and Scorpio, will blaze the stage as only they can, with memorable hits such as “Freedom,” “The Message,” “White Lines,” Superrappin,” “Beat Street,” “New York, New York,” “Survival,” “Scorpio” and “Birthday Party.”
- Naomi Campbell Convicted of Assault By Italian Court
- Whites Burst into Black Girl's Birthday Party Holding Confed Flags (Watch)
- Ice & Coco Expecting Baby Girl, Talk is Key to a Successful Marriage (VIDEO)
- Thursday's First Republican Debate Line Up Released
- Joe Jackson Out of the Hospital After Stroke
- Woman Sues Lee Daniels for $300M Claiming She Inspired Cookie Role
- Banned from Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral, Nick Gordon Mourns on Beach
- Jadeveon Clowney’s Dad Charged with Attempted Murder
- Two Dead, Several Hurt at After Party for Drake’s OVO Fest
- Former Detroit Lions RB Mel Farr Dies at 70
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here