*Legendary emcees, The Furious 5 are about to blow your mind as they return to the Hip Hop scene with two shows, at New York City’s famed B.B. King’s Club on Saturday, July 6, 2013 and Washington, DC’s famed Howard Theater on Friday, July 5, 2013.
The shows will serve as a 35th anniversary event.
Formed in the Boogie Down Bronx as Grandmaster Flash and The Furious 5, four of the original emcees (group member Cowboy passed away in 1989) will hit the stage and remind the audience of the reasons why they’re in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, have won Grammy Awards, have a song (“The Message”) in the Smithsonian Institute and in the archives of the Library of Congress, among their plethora of groundbreaking achievements.
The Glover siblings, better known as The Kidd Creole and Mele Mel, along with Rahiem and Scorpio, will blaze the stage as only they can, with memorable hits such as “Freedom,” “The Message,” “White Lines,” Superrappin,” “Beat Street,” “New York, New York,” “Survival,” “Scorpio” and “Birthday Party.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Sheree Whitfield Lands Reality Series About ATL Real Estate
- Quvenzhane Wallis' Book Deal, J-Hud Says Son 'Saved My Life'
- Patti LaBelle, Quentin Tarantino + More on 'The Big Interview'
- 18,500 Parents, Students, and Educators Rally to Demand End to 'Tale of Two School Systems' in New York City [PHOTOS]
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Universal Pictures’ Steve Jobs is a Brilliant Look into a Genius' Mind
- Raven Symone Hates Ethnic Names, Nicki Minaj Beef, Kardashian's Named 1st Family | BHL's This Week
- Jennifer Lopez to Host & Perform the '2015 American Music Awards'
- Instagram Users Post Pics of Male North West Look-alikes
- Sanaa Lathan Lands 'Racially-Charged' Drama, Hannibal Buress Debuts Unaired Pilot
- GOP Gov Freezes Funds for Chicago’s 'Operation CeaseFire' As Homicides Rise
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here