*Legendary emcees, The Furious 5 are about to blow your mind as they return to the Hip Hop scene with two shows, at New York City’s famed B.B. King’s Club on Saturday, July 6, 2013 and Washington, DC’s famed Howard Theater on Friday, July 5, 2013.
The shows will serve as a 35th anniversary event.
Formed in the Boogie Down Bronx as Grandmaster Flash and The Furious 5, four of the original emcees (group member Cowboy passed away in 1989) will hit the stage and remind the audience of the reasons why they’re in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, have won Grammy Awards, have a song (“The Message”) in the Smithsonian Institute and in the archives of the Library of Congress, among their plethora of groundbreaking achievements.
The Glover siblings, better known as The Kidd Creole and Mele Mel, along with Rahiem and Scorpio, will blaze the stage as only they can, with memorable hits such as “Freedom,” “The Message,” “White Lines,” Superrappin,” “Beat Street,” “New York, New York,” “Survival,” “Scorpio” and “Birthday Party.”
- Patty Farmer's 'Playboy Swings' Releases in September
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here