*Legendary emcees, The Furious 5 are about to blow your mind as they return to the Hip Hop scene with two shows, at New York City’s famed B.B. King’s Club on Saturday, July 6, 2013 and Washington, DC’s famed Howard Theater on Friday, July 5, 2013.
The shows will serve as a 35th anniversary event.
Formed in the Boogie Down Bronx as Grandmaster Flash and The Furious 5, four of the original emcees (group member Cowboy passed away in 1989) will hit the stage and remind the audience of the reasons why they’re in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, have won Grammy Awards, have a song (“The Message”) in the Smithsonian Institute and in the archives of the Library of Congress, among their plethora of groundbreaking achievements.
The Glover siblings, better known as The Kidd Creole and Mele Mel, along with Rahiem and Scorpio, will blaze the stage as only they can, with memorable hits such as “Freedom,” “The Message,” “White Lines,” Superrappin,” “Beat Street,” “New York, New York,” “Survival,” “Scorpio” and “Birthday Party.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Inside The Obamas’ Rumored D.C. Rental Home After Presidency (Pics)
- Ohio Detectives Caught on Tape Calling Trayvon Martin N-Word
- Kim & Kanye Threaten Former Bodyguard with $10M Lawsuit
- The Weeknd, Belly Nix ‘Kimmel’ Performance Over Donald Trump Appearance
- T.I. New York City Concert Shooting: 1 Dead, 3 Wounded
- Generation Rent: How Young Families are Adapting to Apartment Living
- THE (05-26-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- EUR on the Scene: 2nd Annual Alma Del Barrio Salsa Festival
- People of Note: Paying Tribute to Michael
- The Legend Continues: Mathew Knowles, Beyonce' & Blue Ivy
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here