She’s playing a bully in a recently released independent film, “Yelling to the Sky.”
The chocolate-kissed actress told Essence that she’s all about changing it up and showing the world that she can transform herself into various characters and try new things.
Her newest dream is to be on stage.
“I really like musicals. I would love to do a musical one day,” she said, after revealing she enjoys singing.
Her mother is actually a local singer, known for her melodic ballads on subway platforms in New York. Now she’s on tour.
“She sings really great. She’s touring. Everytime I talk to her she’s like, ‘I just got back from Vegas or I just got back from here,'” the actress said of her mom. “She’s doing a lot of gigs lately so I am really, really proud of her.”
- Jay Pharoah Talks About His Battle with Depression (WATCH)
- Oprah Winfrey’s OWN Adds Megachurch Drama Series 'Greenleaf'
- Russell Simmons Signs New First-Look Deal with HBO, Sets Def Comedy Jam Anniversary Special
- Rinkins Report: Author Offers Recipe for Leadership Success
- Raynetta Turner: Mother of Eight is Latest Victim in String of Black Female Jail Cell Deaths
- HBO to Air Documentary About Jordan Davis, Teen Killed Over Loud Music
- Utah Considers Changing Name of Negro Bill Canyon
- NBC Reportedly Close to Signing Beyonce for ‘The Wiz Live’
- Lupita Nyong’o to Make NY Stage Debut in Danai Gurira's ‘Eclipsed’
- Mariah Carey to Direct Hallmark Film, Sets NYC Xmas Shows, European Tour
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here