*Funk icon George Clinton says he will use his upcoming reality TV show to highlight his various legal battles over the copyright to his songs.
The Parliament/Funkadelic legend is caught up in a myriad of current lawsuits over the use of his back catalog. In January, he was ordered to give up the rights to four of his classic tracks to pay off a $1.5 million debt to his former lawyers.
In April, he announced that he will star in his own family-based reality show called “The Clintons.” And now, the musician tells Uncut magazine that his legal battles will be at the core of the program.
“I’m doing a reality show with my family, with my son Tracy, my six grandkids, Scott Thompson, Brandi – it’s a big family thing. A bit like ‘The Osbournes’ but most of them are, like, musicians, rappers and everything,” said Clinton. “We got to come up with new ways to get the music across, so we’re doing this reality show. So we can expose all the noses out there, stealing the copyrights and taking people’s music and money. This is all gonna be part of the reality show, the copyright fight, plus we still kicking ass onstage.”
Below, Clinton announces the reality show during a radio broadcast with Bishop Don “Magic” Juan. No word yet on a network or airdate.
- Motorist Sues Bobbi Kristina as Family Prepares for Her Funeral
- Goodbye Clippers, Hello Mavericks! DeAndre Bolts from LA to Dallas
- Oprah is Hiring - 2015 Jobs Available in L.A. and N.Y.
- Lee England, Jr: You've Never Heard Violin Like This! (Covers Bey, Adele and Yeah, Mozart Too!) Photos
- Kim Burrell Returns with 'Thank You Jesus'
- Ava DuVernay WON'T Be Directing Marvel's 'Black Panther'
- Tamera Mowry-Housley Welcomes Daughter
- TMZ Claims Someone is Shopping Bobbi Kristina's Death Bed Photo
- The NBA Demands Removal of Flag & No More Systematic Racism
- Deya Gets Direct with Single Men (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here