*Funk icon George Clinton says he will use his upcoming reality TV show to highlight his various legal battles over the copyright to his songs.
The Parliament/Funkadelic legend is caught up in a myriad of current lawsuits over the use of his back catalog. In January, he was ordered to give up the rights to four of his classic tracks to pay off a $1.5 million debt to his former lawyers.
In April, he announced that he will star in his own family-based reality show called “The Clintons.” And now, the musician tells Uncut magazine that his legal battles will be at the core of the program.
“I’m doing a reality show with my family, with my son Tracy, my six grandkids, Scott Thompson, Brandi – it’s a big family thing. A bit like ‘The Osbournes’ but most of them are, like, musicians, rappers and everything,” said Clinton. “We got to come up with new ways to get the music across, so we’re doing this reality show. So we can expose all the noses out there, stealing the copyrights and taking people’s music and money. This is all gonna be part of the reality show, the copyright fight, plus we still kicking ass onstage.”
Below, Clinton announces the reality show during a radio broadcast with Bishop Don “Magic” Juan. No word yet on a network or airdate.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (05-30-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Blac Chyna and Rob K Stand to Make $1 Million for Bay Pics
- Beyoncé Earns Big for Tidal, Superjam 2016 Lineup Announced
- Monica Updates Fans On Marriage Status, Praises Husband
- Endangered Gorilla Killed After 4-Yr-Old Boy Enters Habitat (WATCH Dramatic Video)
- Keke Palmer Denies Joining 'The Real' - Tamar in Tears Over Firing (WATCH)
- 'Presenting Princess Shaw' Film Review + Trailer [WATCH]
- Motown Gospel Presents 1 Mic 1 Take [email protected] Studios
- Khloe Kardashian Doesn't Believe in Divorce, Still Getting One Anyway
- Ex-Cop Sues NYPD for $100M Over Abusive Boss & Former Lover
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here