*Funk icon George Clinton says he will use his upcoming reality TV show to highlight his various legal battles over the copyright to his songs.
The Parliament/Funkadelic legend is caught up in a myriad of current lawsuits over the use of his back catalog. In January, he was ordered to give up the rights to four of his classic tracks to pay off a $1.5 million debt to his former lawyers.
In April, he announced that he will star in his own family-based reality show called “The Clintons.” And now, the musician tells Uncut magazine that his legal battles will be at the core of the program.
“I’m doing a reality show with my family, with my son Tracy, my six grandkids, Scott Thompson, Brandi – it’s a big family thing. A bit like ‘The Osbournes’ but most of them are, like, musicians, rappers and everything,” said Clinton. “We got to come up with new ways to get the music across, so we’re doing this reality show. So we can expose all the noses out there, stealing the copyrights and taking people’s music and money. This is all gonna be part of the reality show, the copyright fight, plus we still kicking ass onstage.”
Below, Clinton announces the reality show during a radio broadcast with Bishop Don “Magic” Juan. No word yet on a network or airdate.
- Rumor or Fact? L.A. Gang Threatens to Kill 100 People in 100 Days
- POLITICO Magazine: U.S. Mayors Say Ferguson Could Also Happen in Their Cities
- New 'Legal Equalizer' App Aims to Counter Racial Profiling (WATCH)
- Martin Luther King III and Andrew Young to Attend Voting Right Press Conference
- THE (07-29-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- KDAY 93.5 FM Hosts ‘Uplifting Minds II’ National Talent Showcase Competition Saturday, October 24 at the Celebrity Centre in Hollywood
- Reggie Jackson Apologizes for Profane Outburst Against Fans
- 'Empire' Costars Trai Byers and Grace Gealey Set to be Married
- More Sandra Bland Video Released to Prove She Arrived Alive At Jail
- Netflix Announces Mike Epps Special, 'Chelsea Handler Does Racism’, More at TCA Press Tour
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here