*In an attempt to prove his innocence, George Zimmerman’s attorneys are now challenging the science of state voice recognition experts.
In a new motion, defense attorney Mark O’Mara wrote that those unnamed experts may be using phony science, so the judge should hold a hearing, listen to evidence about how they did their work, then decide whether to allow them to testify at Zimmerman’s trial, says the Orlando Sentinel.
In question is the 911 call made on Feb. 26 last year, the night Trayvon Martin was killed after being shot by then neighborhood watchman, George Zimmerman.
A neighbor had called police to report a fight outside. During her call, a voice in the background can be heard crying for help then 40 seconds later, there’s a loud bang – the gunshot – and the crying stops.
That piece of evidence will be one of the most important at Zimmerman’s second-degree murder trial, slated to begin in Sanford June 10.
Zimmerman told police he was the one screaming for help, that Trayvon had punched him, breaking his nose and knocking him to the ground, then climbed on top and began hammering his head on a sidewalk.
Trayvon’s parents say the screams were from their son, although, his father initially told Sanford police they were not.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Jada Pinkett-Smith Addresses Idris Elba's 'Beasts' Oscar Snub
- Aaron Neville Brings His Quintet to Santa Monica ... and Shares His 'True Story' With EURweb
- For My Animal Loving Friends, Check Out This Unlikely Pair! (Watch)
- Toronto Councillor Want Beyonce Investigated for Black Panther Ties
- He Used to Walk 21-Miles to Work, Now He Drives & is Overweight
- Malcolm Jamal Warner on Ride-Or-Die Friendship Between OJ and AC (Exclusive)
- Master P Sued Over Failure to Deliver Snoop Dogg in Dubai
- Grammys: Ice Cube & Son to Present; Miguel to Sing 'She's Out Of My Life'
- Yolanda Adams Added to Fox’s Live Musical ‘The Passion’
- Lance Stephenson Drags Ex K. Michelle Over ‘Down in the DM’ Remix
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here