*Giancarlo Esposito understands that some of his diehard fans — who have shown support ever since his breakout role as Buggin’ Out in Spike Lee’s “Do the Right Thing,” may not be checking for him in his current gig on NBC’s “Revolution.”
The freshman drama had decent enough ratings for NBC to renew it for a second season last month, but let’s face it – Esposito’s role as militia leader Tom Neville isn’t generating nearly as much morning after, water-cooler talk as his Emmy-nominated “Breaking Bad” character Gustavo “Gus” Fring, the mild-mannered drug kingpin who was quick to slice a fool’s neck with a box-cutter if something wasn’t right.
While “Revolution’s” Tom Neville has a similar mix of politeness that can turn to cold-blooded brutality on a dime, the show’s science fiction subject matter – survival following a worldwide blackout – may have turned some of his longtime fans away off the bat.
And Esposito, 55, says that’s okay.
“I think after having some success in the work I do, and being proud of what I do, knowing that you can’t always hit the mark or the bar that I set for myself, I’m able to accept that some people aren’t gonna dig this show, or they’re gonna feel that some parts of it are weak,” Esposito told us during interviews for the series. “I can acknowledge it and say, ‘Okay, I understand it, and I’m not taking it personally.’ Not every show is for everyone.”
In bonus audio below, Esposito reveals his musical tastes when asked what music he would miss the most if, like the folks on “Revolution,” he suddenly found himself without electricity.
“Revolution” airs Mondays at 10 p.m. Watch a promo of the May 20th episode below.
- Jay Z’s Roc Nation Sued for Wooing, Then, Deserting Boxer
- Nick Gordon Begs Permission to Attend Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral
- Bobbi Kristina’s Fam Feuding Over Planned Sweet 16-Themed Funeral?
- Wilson, Seahawks Agee to 4-Year, $87.5 Million Contract Extension
- Neechy Gospel: John P. Kee to Release New Project LEVEL NEXT
- Sophie Okonedo to Star in New BBC America Series ‘Undercover’
- Evan Ross, Ashlee Simpson Welcome Baby Girl
- Missy Elliott Reportedly Joins ‘The Voice’ Season 9 as a Mentor
- Dylann Roof Enters 33 ‘Not Guilty’ Pleas in Federal Court
- Unauthorized Beyoncé Bio to Reveal Inside Deets on 'SolangeGate'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here