*Giancarlo Esposito understands that some of his diehard fans — who have shown support ever since his breakout role as Buggin’ Out in Spike Lee’s “Do the Right Thing,” may not be checking for him in his current gig on NBC’s “Revolution.”
The freshman drama had decent enough ratings for NBC to renew it for a second season last month, but let’s face it – Esposito’s role as militia leader Tom Neville isn’t generating nearly as much morning after, water-cooler talk as his Emmy-nominated “Breaking Bad” character Gustavo “Gus” Fring, the mild-mannered drug kingpin who was quick to slice a fool’s neck with a box-cutter if something wasn’t right.
While “Revolution’s” Tom Neville has a similar mix of politeness that can turn to cold-blooded brutality on a dime, the show’s science fiction subject matter – survival following a worldwide blackout – may have turned some of his longtime fans away off the bat.
And Esposito, 55, says that’s okay.
“I think after having some success in the work I do, and being proud of what I do, knowing that you can’t always hit the mark or the bar that I set for myself, I’m able to accept that some people aren’t gonna dig this show, or they’re gonna feel that some parts of it are weak,” Esposito told us during interviews for the series. “I can acknowledge it and say, ‘Okay, I understand it, and I’m not taking it personally.’ Not every show is for everyone.”
In bonus audio below, Esposito reveals his musical tastes when asked what music he would miss the most if, like the folks on “Revolution,” he suddenly found himself without electricity.
“Revolution” airs Mondays at 10 p.m. Watch a promo of the May 20th episode below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Stranger Defends Teen Harassed for Selling Candy Outside Target (Watch)
- Chris Brown Responds to Recent Exits from ‘People Claiming to Be My Team’
- Shirley Caesar Receives Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame (Watch Full Ceremony)
- Tyrese Gibson Back as Robert Epps for ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’
- Nate Parker to Receive Sundance Institute’s Vanguard Award
- Idris Elba, Freida Pinto Set for John Ridley’s Showtime Miniseries ‘Guerrilla’
- Serena Williams Advances to Second Round at Wimbledon
- Hot Rumor: The Entire ‘L&HH: Atlanta’ Cast Has Been Fired!
- WATCH Queen Latifah's Hilarious 'Ice Age' Freestyle (EUR Exclusive)
- Rihanna Posts Crotch Video of Her Performance in Glasgow (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here