*”Good Morning America” co-anchor Robin Roberts will publish a memoir in 2014 with Grand Central, the publisher announced Wednesday.
The book, which is not yet titled, will include Roberts’ story of her battle with MDS.
“I am humbled that many have an interest, and draw strength from my ongoing journey,” Roberts said. “I’m grateful for the prayers and well wishes of so many people. I’m thrilled that Jamie Raab and Grand Central Publishing will help me tell my story.”
Roberts took a leave of absence from “GMA” to undergo treatment for Myelodysplastic syndromes. The disease affects bone marrow and the creation of new blood cells. She won a Peabody Award for “Robin’s Journey,” a chronicle of her illness in which she advocated for bone marrow donation.
“GMA” won three consecutive Emmy awards with Roberts at its anchor desk. She joined ABC News in 1995 after years at ESPN. She was a college basketball player and has been inducted into the Women’s Basketball Hall of Fame.
This is Roberts’ second book. Her first, “Rules of the Heart: Seven Rules to Live By,” was a 2007 bestseller.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Dr. Rapp: Enjoy Patti's Pie, Avoid Fatti's Pounds
- Nick Canon Talks 'Chi-Raq' & Calls Nicki Minaj A THOT?!
- One Year Since His Death, Tamir Rice's Mother Still Seeking Justice
- Old Email from Farrell, PA's New Police Chief Includes the Word 'N*gger' and Prompts Outrage ... and Support from the Town's Black Mayor
- 60% of Staff at Movie Theater in Connecticut Have a Disability
- Bowlegged Lou's Personal Insight Into TV One's UnSung Marathon
- THE (11-26-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- (Listen) ‘The Meaning of Life, Explained By 3rd Graders’ is Brilliant and On Point!
- Nivea Dishes about Her Feelings on Lil Wayne, Christina Milian (Watch)
- Akon and His Mother Owes $36K for Pimped Out Mansion
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here