*Late hip hop great, Heavy D, who passed away November 2011, left a decent estate.
While his life and death impacted so many, one could imagine how deeply it affected his daughter, Xea Myers.
According to the rapper’s family, she will inherit her father’s entire estate when she is of age.
TMZ reported that there may be some controversy brewing. Heavy’s brother, Floyd, filed court documents seeking control over his estate, referencing an outdated will that doesn’t name his daughter, parents or other siblings.
But Heavy’s mom Eulahlee Myers tells TMZ … the entire family SUPPORTS Floyd … because they believe he will protect Heavy’s fortune for his daughter — until she’s an adult.
“Heavy’s Estate needs to be managed,” Myers tells us … adding, “It cannot be self-managed or self-administered and it has to be Court approved. Open bills, unfinished business, taxes and day-to-day decisions including future plans for his daughter all need to be done. This management needs someone who is capable, smart, honest and close to this family.”
According to Heavy’s mother, the family wants his brother to be in control of the estate.
“All of Heavy’s assets are going to his 13-year-old Daughter Xea — including his Social Security, Pension, and future Royalties. All of Heavy’s personal belongings are in storage for his Daughter until she gets a bit older.”
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Once Homeless and Alone in NYC, Man Receives Yale Scholarship
- Rihanna’s BET Appearance Was Simply Marketing Trickery
- America: A Nation Under Sin or Love?
- Diddy's Fall, Racist Arsonists, Nene Leakes and More News! | BHL's This Week
- WATCH: Deleted Scene from 'Home' Starring Rihanna, Jim Parsons
- Motorist Sues Bobbi Kristina as Family Prepares for Her Funeral
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here