*Late hip hop great, Heavy D, who passed away November 2011, left a decent estate.
While his life and death impacted so many, one could imagine how deeply it affected his daughter, Xea Myers.
According to the rapper’s family, she will inherit her father’s entire estate when she is of age.
TMZ reported that there may be some controversy brewing. Heavy’s brother, Floyd, filed court documents seeking control over his estate, referencing an outdated will that doesn’t name his daughter, parents or other siblings.
But Heavy’s mom Eulahlee Myers tells TMZ … the entire family SUPPORTS Floyd … because they believe he will protect Heavy’s fortune for his daughter — until she’s an adult.
“Heavy’s Estate needs to be managed,” Myers tells us … adding, “It cannot be self-managed or self-administered and it has to be Court approved. Open bills, unfinished business, taxes and day-to-day decisions including future plans for his daughter all need to be done. This management needs someone who is capable, smart, honest and close to this family.”
According to Heavy’s mother, the family wants his brother to be in control of the estate.
“All of Heavy’s assets are going to his 13-year-old Daughter Xea — including his Social Security, Pension, and future Royalties. All of Heavy’s personal belongings are in storage for his Daughter until she gets a bit older.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Soulja Boy Exaggerated $400M Payday from World Poker Fund
- Skai Jackson On Being Meme Worthy and Beef with Azealia Banks
- Loni Love Addresses Tamar Braxton Firing in New Video (Watch)
- Mariah Carey Re-Ups with Hallmark Channel for 3 More Films
- Oprah Advised Paul McCartney Against Kanye West Duet Over N-Word
- New Leadership at BET's ‘Being Mary Jane’: Will Packer Replaces EP Mara Brock Akil
- ‘The Real’: Loni Love, Jeannie Mai Show Love to Former Co-host Tamar Braxton
- Black Male Valedictorian, Straight A Student, Barred from Walking Grad Stage
- Two Prince Estate Claimants Object to Required DNA Test
- Woman Arrested Outside Usher’s Studio Defying Restraining Order
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here