*Late hip hop great, Heavy D, who passed away November 2011, left a decent estate.
While his life and death impacted so many, one could imagine how deeply it affected his daughter, Xea Myers.
According to the rapper’s family, she will inherit her father’s entire estate when she is of age.
TMZ reported that there may be some controversy brewing. Heavy’s brother, Floyd, filed court documents seeking control over his estate, referencing an outdated will that doesn’t name his daughter, parents or other siblings.
But Heavy’s mom Eulahlee Myers tells TMZ … the entire family SUPPORTS Floyd … because they believe he will protect Heavy’s fortune for his daughter — until she’s an adult.
“Heavy’s Estate needs to be managed,” Myers tells us … adding, “It cannot be self-managed or self-administered and it has to be Court approved. Open bills, unfinished business, taxes and day-to-day decisions including future plans for his daughter all need to be done. This management needs someone who is capable, smart, honest and close to this family.”
According to Heavy’s mother, the family wants his brother to be in control of the estate.
“All of Heavy’s assets are going to his 13-year-old Daughter Xea — including his Social Security, Pension, and future Royalties. All of Heavy’s personal belongings are in storage for his Daughter until she gets a bit older.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Baltimore Rapper Lor Scoota Fatally Shot Leaving ‘Peace in the Streets’ Charity Hoops Game
- Steve Harvey Speechless when Kellie Pickler Almost Falls Trying to Buzz In on ‘Family Feud’ (Watch)
- Suge Knight Sues Chris Brown over Miami Club Shooting
- Maya Angelou Doc ‘And Still I Rise’ Wins AFI Docs Audience Award (Watch a Clip)
- Toni Braxton and Birdman Cozy at the 2016 BET Awards
- Lil Wayne Wanted for Questioning in Scuffle at BET Awards After-Party
- Usher No Likey The Donald: Wears ‘Don’t Trump America’ Jacket
- Venus Williams Wins First Round Match at Wimbledon (Pics, Video)
- Keyshia Cole Sued for Trashing Apt.; Landlord wants $150k Plus (Pics)
- Naturi Naughton Feels Tasha St. Patrick is Relatable, Not Unrealistic
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here