*Late hip hop great, Heavy D, who passed away November 2011, left a decent estate.
While his life and death impacted so many, one could imagine how deeply it affected his daughter, Xea Myers.
According to the rapper’s family, she will inherit her father’s entire estate when she is of age.
TMZ reported that there may be some controversy brewing. Heavy’s brother, Floyd, filed court documents seeking control over his estate, referencing an outdated will that doesn’t name his daughter, parents or other siblings.
But Heavy’s mom Eulahlee Myers tells TMZ … the entire family SUPPORTS Floyd … because they believe he will protect Heavy’s fortune for his daughter — until she’s an adult.
“Heavy’s Estate needs to be managed,” Myers tells us … adding, “It cannot be self-managed or self-administered and it has to be Court approved. Open bills, unfinished business, taxes and day-to-day decisions including future plans for his daughter all need to be done. This management needs someone who is capable, smart, honest and close to this family.”
According to Heavy’s mother, the family wants his brother to be in control of the estate.
“All of Heavy’s assets are going to his 13-year-old Daughter Xea — including his Social Security, Pension, and future Royalties. All of Heavy’s personal belongings are in storage for his Daughter until she gets a bit older.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- No Biggie. White House Shrugs off Recent N-word Controversy
- The Socialist's Journal: 'Meternity Leave'
- Meet the Black Businessman Giving Ex-Cons, Veterans, and Homeless Support for Success
- THE (05-03-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Ringside Update/Ortiz vs Berto II The Second Chapter
- Johnny Gill Says New Album to Accompany New Edition Biopic
- Bobby Shmurda to Sue NYPD Over False Arrest & Gun Charges
- Thanks to Stephen Curry, NBA To See Record Playoff Viewers
- Moya Angela: Dreamgirls' 'Effie' Speaks Exclusively to EURweb
- Aretha Franklin Covers 'Purple Rain' at International Jazz Day (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here