*J.Cole came to play with the big boys.
The artist revealed in a recent interview with Billboard that he’s so confident in his new album that he’s planning to release it the same time Kanye West releases his new joint.
“Born Sinner,” his sophomore album was scheduled for a July release date, but he says it’s coming June 18, the same day of Kanye’s sixth album release, “Yeezus.”
“Kanye West is one of the greatest artists of our generation. Which is exactly why I’m moving my release date up,” he tweeted.
“Instantly the lightbulb [turned on]… it got real. I made one phone call to somebody that would know, just to make sure first. As soon as I got it confirmed, I was like, ‘Yo…’ The idea hit me instantly: ‘You got to go to that date,'” he said.
“I’m not going to sit [here]… I worked too hard to come a week later after Kanye West drops an amazing album. It’d be like, ‘Oh and J.Cole dropped too, a week later.’ Nah. I’m going to go see him on that date. He’s the greatest. So it’s like, I’m a competitor by nature so it was instant, it wasn’t even a thought,” the Roc Nation artist continued.
While he’s not doubting Kanye will murder it, he’s still quite confident his work will be worthy of competition.
- Gilbert Arenas' Deadly Accuracy Gets Him Banned From County Fair
- Khloe Kardashian Denies Cocaine Use at Kylie's Graduation Party
- Jill Scott Set to Perform Live on ABC's 'GMA' Tuesday at 7 AM
- Bobbi Kristina Brown Funeral to be Held This Week; Family Source Says She Will Be Buried Near Her Mother Whitney Houston
- Derek Luke Slams Instagram Trolls, Defends Interracial Marriage
- Bill Cosby Story Triggers Hacker Attack on New York Magazine Website
- Sandra Bland Co-Inmate Certain Suicide is Cause of Death
- Anthony Davis Turned Down 'DWTS' Because, 'I Can't Dance'
- Dionne Warwick Says Bobbi Kristina, 'In Much Better Hands Now’
- Celebrities React to Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Death
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here