*Janet Jackson has enjoyed a multi-million dollar fortune for years, but now she has joined her new husband, retail entrepreneur Wissam Al Mana, and the elite group of ballers whose bank balances top $1 billion, reports Variety.
The singer has raked in a total of $260 million in album sales, thanks to the success of “Control,” “Janet” and “Rhythm Nation 1814”; and she has also taken in another $81 million from music and book publishing fees.Her multiple sold-out world tours have contributed another $458 million to her net worth, with an additional $81.5 million coming from tour sponsorships and licensing fees.
The 47-year-old has also banked $304 million from her box office roles in 2000’s “The Nutty Professor II: The Klumps,” “Poetic Justice” and “For Colored Girls.”
Ms. Jackson’s whopping personal fortune puts her in good company – Madonna, filmmakers George Lucas and Steven Spielberg, and media mogul Oprah Winfrey have all made the ultra-exclusive list.
- Diddy's Fall, Racist Arsonists, Nene Leakes and More News! | BHL's This Week
- WATCH: Deleted Scene from 'Home' Starring Rihanna, Jim Parsons
- Motorist Sues Bobbi Kristina as Family Prepares for Her Funeral
- Goodbye Clippers, Hello Mavericks! DeAndre Bolts from LA to Dallas
- Oprah is Hiring - 2015 Jobs Available in L.A. and N.Y.
- Lee England, Jr: You've Never Heard Violin Like This! (Covers Bey, Adele and Yeah, Mozart Too!) Photos
- Kim Burrell Returns with 'Thank You Jesus'
- Ava DuVernay WON'T Be Directing Marvel's 'Black Panther'
- Tamera Mowry-Housley Welcomes Daughter
- TMZ Claims Someone is Shopping Bobbi Kristina's Death Bed Photo
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here