*Janet Jackson has enjoyed a multi-million dollar fortune for years, but now she has joined her new husband, retail entrepreneur Wissam Al Mana, and the elite group of ballers whose bank balances top $1 billion, reports Variety.
The singer has raked in a total of $260 million in album sales, thanks to the success of “Control,” “Janet” and “Rhythm Nation 1814”; and she has also taken in another $81 million from music and book publishing fees.Her multiple sold-out world tours have contributed another $458 million to her net worth, with an additional $81.5 million coming from tour sponsorships and licensing fees.
The 47-year-old has also banked $304 million from her box office roles in 2000’s “The Nutty Professor II: The Klumps,” “Poetic Justice” and “For Colored Girls.”
Ms. Jackson’s whopping personal fortune puts her in good company – Madonna, filmmakers George Lucas and Steven Spielberg, and media mogul Oprah Winfrey have all made the ultra-exclusive list.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Activist Najee Ali Calling for Boycott of New 'Block Wars' App by The Game
- Disgraced Cop Daniel Hotlzclaw Denies Raping Poor Black Women
- First Listen: Half Mile Home's 'Thinking of Me'
- Big Boi Meme Comparing Mothers of Today & 70s Causes Black Twitter Outrage
- Eve Says She Had to 'Import' to Find Love
- Laverne Cox Responds to Her ‘Rocky Horror’ Reboot Critics
- Seniors Get In Formation for 'Lemonade,' Pittsburgh Police Resist
- Black Lives Matter Echoes the Evolution of Black Panther Party
- BLM Activist Charles Wade Charged With Pimping 17-Year-Old Girl
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' (EUR Film Review)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here