*Janet Jackson has enjoyed a multi-million dollar fortune for years, but now she has joined her new husband, retail entrepreneur Wissam Al Mana, and the elite group of ballers whose bank balances top $1 billion, reports Variety.
The singer has raked in a total of $260 million in album sales, thanks to the success of “Control,” “Janet” and “Rhythm Nation 1814”; and she has also taken in another $81 million from music and book publishing fees.Her multiple sold-out world tours have contributed another $458 million to her net worth, with an additional $81.5 million coming from tour sponsorships and licensing fees.
The 47-year-old has also banked $304 million from her box office roles in 2000’s “The Nutty Professor II: The Klumps,” “Poetic Justice” and “For Colored Girls.”
Ms. Jackson’s whopping personal fortune puts her in good company – Madonna, filmmakers George Lucas and Steven Spielberg, and media mogul Oprah Winfrey have all made the ultra-exclusive list.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Baltimore Mayor Compares Cop/Community Relations to Bad Marriage
- Malcolm Jamal Warner: ‘Cosby Show’ Legacy ‘Tarnished’ by Bill Cosby (Watch)
- Raven Symone Says She Wouldn't Hire Someone With Ethnic Sounding Name; #BlackTwitter Pounces
- What Happened to US Government Employee Kanika Powell?
- Danny Glover Joins Gabrielle Union's ‘A Meyer’s Christmas’; Ernie Hudson Added to ‘Graves’
- Detroit Woman’s ‘Dead Body on Lawn’ Halloween Prank Draws 911 Calls
- New Radio Station: ItzYourzRadioLive.com Now Broadcasting
- You Could Break the Bank Going to 'The Happiest Place On Earth!'
- Walter Scott’s Family Gets $6.5M in Settlement With N. Charleston (Watch)
- ‘Star Wars’ Actor John Boyega to Racist Fans: ‘I’m In the Movie, What Are You Gonna Do About It?’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here